Page 2 of 200 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Who was Jason's first villain as Robin?
    Pre-Crisis
    Post-Crisis
    New 52
    Rebirth
    Pre-Crisis: Killer Croc. Edit: Well, he wasn't Robin yet, but...
    Post-Crisis: Joker, iirc, and I think I do.
    New 52: not taking into account lesser baddies, it was the Untitled in that town. Edit: wait, as Robin? No idea.
    Rebirth: Black Mask. Edit: ah, crap, again, as Robin, no idea.

Edit: I need to stop and read better next time.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 01-01-2020 at 01:26 PM.

Welcome to the New Year Outlaws.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Welcome to the New Year Outlaws.
    Welcome to you too!
    And this year can be a good one. Besides our book we will have the 3 Jokers, the Unkillables and that animated short of Dead in the Family, right? That we know about. Maybe we will have a few more appearances with a main role we don't know about yet. But so far, a promising year.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Welcome to you too!
    And this year can be a good one. Besides our book we will have the 3 Jokers, the Unkillables and that animated short of Dead in the Family, right? That we know about. Maybe we will have a few more appearances with a main role we don't know about yet. But so far, a promising year.
    I'm hoping for Young Justice Season 4 as well. And hopefully Titans/Red Hood series as well.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Pre-Crisis: Killer Croc. Edit: Well, he wasn't Robin yet, but...
    New 52: not taking into account lesser baddies, it was the Untitled in that town. Edit: wait, as Robin? No idea.
    Rebirth: Black Mask. Edit: ah, crap, again, as Robin, no idea.

Edit: I need to stop and read better next time.
    Nothing on his origin issues?

Nothing on his origin issues?
    Nothing specific that I can recall. Maybe in the New 52, but I don't remember it having anything for his debuting villain as Robin.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 01-01-2020 at 02:51 PM.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Jason’s time as Robin has only been seen through the occasional flashback or the odd vague reference. The big Robin 80th one shot may offer some insight though.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Expectations? Or wishes.
    That's up to you.
    Personally, I have more wishes than expectations.

A reunion of old and new teams.
    The followup of old plots that didn't find an end, and their ending
    New villains, new mysteries, new adventures.
    Maybe someone could bring Roy back somehow? I feel his fans will be happy about that, not only us.
    Reach the end of the year without our book cancelled.
    The 3 Jokers story released, and with some luck, a good story that I will enjoy.
    Maybe they could use Jason in an animated movie or series again? That could be cool.
    Well, the first point can be ticked off.
    Let's hope that the other points will be ticked off too during the year.
    I want Eddie Bloomberg and some other victims of HiC back too, not just Roy.

Happy New Year!! For everyone!!
    I wonder if @G-Pots is alright. It's been a while.
    I didn't notice that G-Potion has been gone for so long. I hope everything is alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Basically all of this, plus it being continued after #50. But without Morrison writing it. Or Bendis.
    Agreed. Also not Tom King.

The Dark Trinity is good branding. May it last a long time.
    New villain, since their power level is about equal to the main Trinity I want them to face the type of foe that usually appear in the Trinity book, like Mongul, but an original character.
    True, maybe the return of the Untitled will be a first step in the right direction.
    Since you mention Mongul, it would be nice when his son Jochi could be added to the Outlaw cast - at least as an ally. I liked how he and Jason fought together in the Batman/Superman Annual.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Happy New Year to my favorite Outlaw .
    Happy New Year to you too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post

Kira

a tiny fast doodle of BATS IN THE RING Jason in his practice gear being totally unhelpful at rehearsal. okay that's it from me for this decade, HAPPY NEW YEAR

Nachte

Saw Kira's practice outfit Jason for their Bats in the Ring AU and I basically HAD to draw it immediately.

So, @Restingvoice, I decided to go and look at Jason's first issue as Robin pre-COIE.

Heh, old comics sure make for a long read. Took me a lot of time to finish one issue alone; now I remember why I kept pushing the reading of these comics for when I'm free.

It turned out to be a very nice story about Jason struggling with Dick's legacy and the fact that everything that he did, it was going to be credited on Dick's Robin, or in Robin alone, and not Jason's own hero persona (whatever he was going to go by before Dick offered his codename and suit). It makes sense, for a natural performer (a circus boy), to struggle with that kind of issues; and for a teenage who is dealing with his identity and own place; and for a teenage that realize about the implications of the duality of a vigilante and the weight of responsibility. Cool stuff, imho. In case you guys want to read it, the story is covered by two issues: Batman #368 and Detective #535

Well, my point was. @Restingvoice, the debuting rogue for pre-Crisis Robin Jason was Crazy Quilt.

Edit: yeah, I found myself thinking my first wish went fine extraordinary soon.

Honestly, I would like the whole mess that was HiC to be erased and begone forever. I'm a bit of a Wally fan, after all. But I don't think I'm going to be that much lucky. Sigh, the whole idea, as a concept, was cool; but it turned in a big disappointment, and hurt too many characters.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 01-01-2020 at 07:53 PM.

This reminds me that we stopped at Batman #367 in the Jason Todd Reread thread.
    I'm surprised how many villains pre-crisis Jason had already met before he officially became Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    This reminds me that we stopped at Batman #367 in the Jason Todd Reread thread.
    I'm surprised how many villains pre-crisis Jason had already met before he officially became Robin.
    It may help that Jason was playing a noticeable role in those stories. It's 52 issues per year, right? A lot of time for what was a very short tenure. And then there was that annual at the end of the Killer Croc story that used a lot of the rogue gallery.

Edit: not 52 weeks, no. 26 weeks. Batman and Tec were published every each two weeks one behind the other.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 01-01-2020 at 05:22 PM.

2019 was a great year for Jason. Here is hoping for a great 2020 for Red Hood & his pals.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

So I did a comparison last week (year?)

At long last, 2019 is the year for all Jason Todd fans. We've been deprived for so long. For some reason, @dc_collectibles, @mattel, and @hiya_toys decided to release their respective Red Hood action figures in the same year!

Ranking:

1. DC Multiverse Red Hood by Mattel - Why? Because it captures Giuseppe Camuncoli's Rebirth design and Dexter Soy's helmet design. Sure, the guns are molded in his holsters (bummer) but the redeeming qualities of this figure, aside from being comic accurate are his alternate head (I had to get two for display!) and he is the most durable of the 3.

2. Injustice 2 Red Hood by Hiya Toys - The second best. Just look at it! For its size, the design is superb and game accurate. Loaded with accessories (puts the bigger figures to shame). This would've been my favorite but the figure isn't durable. The first time I played with it, his left hand broke and fell off, it made me contact Hiya Toys' customer support for a replacement. Plastic is brittle.

3. DC Essentials Red Hood by DC Collectibles - My least favorite is everyone's favorite. Too bulky for Rebirth Jason Todd, not based off of any artist's rendition of the character. I mean, where did that logo come from? Like Hiya Toys, the plastic is a bit brittle. Don't get me wrong, I still love this figure! Just not my favorite of the 3.

#JasonToddPH #RedHoodPH

Last edited by Ssstammerer; 01-01-2020 at 09:54 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Depends how you count it.
    The villain of his origin story was Ma Gun and his first villain as Robin was Two-Face.

But in his first official post crisis appearances it were Magpie (BATMAN #401) and Penguin (DETECTIVE COMICS #568).

It seems that the one with Magpie was published first.

Last edited by Aahz; 01-01-2020 at 11:48 PM.