Page 129 of 200 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139179 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 2987
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    ^^^^
    That controller looks awesome.

But just read 3 Jokers myself, and I stand by what I said before; if anyone deserved to end (a certain) Joker, it was Jason. And Babs "missing", well, considering she suffered directly because of the clown too, in her own separate but just as awful way, yeah. Can't fault either of them for that.
    Oooh. She should break his spine. Permanently. I don't know how to do that without a gun, but Bane's style is an acceptable alternative.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Honestly, I like that he got to do what he did but it wasn’t exactly on his terms. Makes it feel even more like the bitter sweet victory it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    No, Jason's reason to come back was because he wanted to know if he mattered so little to Bruce that he never bothered to avenge him, getting back at Joker was an extra.
    Yeah, I agree. Jason's biggest point and obsession during UtH was to know if he was loved at all. Because he loves Bruce, he really loves, or loved, Bruce (I think he still does, even if he's given up in having something meaningful, like a parent). That's why it hurts so much that Bruce doesn't love him enough to let Jason kill Joker, or kill Joker Bruce himself. But as Lobdell's Jason pointed out near the conclusion of the first half of Rebirth RHATO, love's not enough. Which is true, in real life, for a lot of parental relationships that have deep and heavy issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    No, Jason's reason to come back was because he wanted to know if he mattered so little to Bruce that he never bothered to avenge him, getting back at Joker was an extra.
    Agreed, although I'm not against Jason killing at least one of these Jokers, and I don't find the concept of Jason killing the Joker himself as some kind of backslide into regressive territory, (even rhato had him ending the clown in hallucinations). In all the 'finally Jason got his revenge' commentary, that point, is something I see being kind of misconstrued or outright forgotten about Jasons character and his arc.
    Jason has had plenty of opportunities to kill the Joker himself if that was his main problem (spoiler alert, it's not). Red Hood Lost Days even makes a point to show Jason stopping himself only moments from killing Joker, realising that he wants something 'more'. As Dark mentioned, wanting Bruce to prove he cared for Jason by doing what Jason would have done, had the circumstances been reversed.

I'm just gonna go on a slight tangent here but, aside from obvious reasons for why the Joker can never really be killed outside the narrative. Post UTRH, where the answer to Jasons question was disappointingly clear, how do you guys justify Jason's refusal to take action himself? Personally, I always presumed that despite the circumstances from UTRH, Jason is still waiting for Bruce to take action and kill the Joker, leaving that chance open for the sliver of hope that it might still happen. In a strange way, despite the fact that Jason killing the Joker could be seen as simply sweet revenge for himself, to me, Jason killing the Joker (as in all of them now I guess) would actually be a bittersweet, but ultimately unselfish act. Finally ending the terror the clown has inflicted on the city and his family, whilst sadly throwing away the last meaningful opportunity he could give to Bruce to finally prove he cared more about Jason than the mission, which was something Jason wanted more so, than the clowns demise.

Going back to Three Jokers, do I think it is necessarily trying to say all that with it's story? No. Not at all.
    It's entertaining, and I'm intrigued none the less, but truth be told, I am a little wary that this might ultimately be another 'Revenge Bad' story line, especially one that lacks any self awareness and nuance, the worst kind.
    Or worse yet, if it actually ends up with Jason as the final Joker and/or antagonist. Ugh, I'm getting 'Suicide Squad movie Joker fan theory' flashbacks just thinking about it.

By the way, have any of you seen the trailer for Three Jokers on the DC youtube channel? At the 44 second mark it features an interesting panel that I couldn't recall being teased previously, it appeared to be Babs and Jason caught in a fire while one the Jokers takes pictures of their demise. Going by the context of the Joker covers, I'm guessing that may be in issue 3?

Edit: Found another one, at around the 1:06 mark there is a very very quick, blink and you'll miss it panel of Joker sneaking up behind Red Hood with a crowbar.
    Last edited by RedBird; 08-26-2020 at 03:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Agreed, although I'm not against Jason killing at least one of these Jokers, and I don't find the concept of Jason killing the Joker himself as some kind of backslide into regressive territory, (even rhato had him ending the clown in hallucinations). In all the 'finally Jason got his revenge' commentary, that point, is something I see being kind of misconstrued or outright forgotten about Jasons character and his arc.
    Jason has had plenty of opportunities to kill the Joker himself if that was his main problem (spoiler alert, it's not). Red Hood Lost Days even makes a point to show Jason stopping himself only moments from killing Joker, realising that he wants something 'more'. As Dark mentioned, wanting Bruce to prove he cared for Jason by doing what Jason would have done, had the circumstances been reversed.

I'm just gonna go on a slight tangent here but, aside from obvious reasons for why the Joker can never really be killed outside the narrative. Post UTRH, where the answer to Jasons question was disappointingly clear, how do you guys justify Jason's refusal to take action himself? Personally, I always presumed that despite the circumstances from UTRH, Jason is still waiting for Bruce to take action and kill the Joker, leaving that chance open for the sliver of hope that it might still happen. In a strange way, despite the fact that Jason killing the Joker could be seen as simply sweet revenge for himself, to me, Jason killing the Joker (as in all of them now I guess) would actually be a bittersweet, but ultimately unselfish act. Finally ending the terror the clown has inflicted on the city and his family, whilst sadly throwing away the last meaningful opportunity he could give to Bruce to finally prove he cared more about Jason than the mission, which was something Jason wanted more so, than the clowns demise.
    A believable reason for Jason to not kill the Joker... Hmmm.

Well, there's the fact that killing him in cold blood serves no purpose and doesn't send a message, or sends a message that's not one Jason would want. Joker means a lot to Bruce, apparently. So killing him would trouble Bruce even more than any other rogue in his gallery. And then he would probably resurrect him somehow, because... whatever.

There's also Bruce probably feeling not exactly disappointed, but guilt, and concerned, about Jason killing the Joker. But then, he probably would felt slightly disappointed. And Jason, eh, probably doesn't want to deal with Bruce disappointed on him because the Joker, not because the Joker. And then it's giving Bruce more fuel for his neverending guilt trip, making him feel guilty for Jason killing the Joker. And I don't see Jason allowing Bruce to appropriate that for himself. It's Jason choice to kill Joker, and the consequences are for him alone. Not Bruce allowed in this party.

And then, there's the point that this isn't just about what Joker did to Jason. Joker has hurt, maimed and killed a lot more people. It wouldn't be fair, that he did himself, not in cold blood. Unless Jason had to because Joker was now unstoppable and an immediate menace to populace. I can see Jason killing Joker as some preventive action, in the face of a potential near plot of the clown, or because he was really, really unstoppable and no one was to deal with him. Just like he has done with other criminals several times, it's a thing he does, I think. He wouldn't care about Bruce or any other say and opinions on it.

And then, there's the problem with the hole that the Joker dying leaves in Gotham. If he's dead, someone is going to try to fill his shoes, probably a lot of actually mentally unwell people, besides some psychopaths who want to use fear for their rise into power. And that would mean a feast of craziness that would hurt a lot of innocents, I think. Not exactly a gang war, but an escalation of attacks between a bunch of mad men. And Jason cares about the ones living in the city.

These are a few justifications that I can think of right now.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 08-26-2020 at 04:16 AM.

Astonishing Member

There is something in the Three Jokers Issue 1 that I don't understand.

Why is it implied Jason doesn't die?

In the dialogue, it sounds like Jason was "just" extremely hurt, but survives.

I mean, if Jason resurrected for an external force, it isn't Jason's tenacity what makes him survive (and there is no way Joker could expect his survival).
    Last edited by Konja7; 08-26-2020 at 05:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    There is something in the Three Jokers that I don't understand.

Why Issue 1 of Joker implied Jason doesn't die?
    I thought of it as Joker basically taking credit for Jasons resurrection, not so much implying that he left him alive, more so that he knew Jason would 'live' again and proclaiming that that was part of his grand scheme and desire.
    All to get under Jasons skin by trying to take the agency of Jasons return away from him.
    Last edited by RedBird; 08-26-2020 at 05:19 AM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    There is something in the Three Jokers Issue 1 that I don't understand.

Why is it implied Jason doesn't die?

In the dialogue, it sounds like Jason was "just" extremely hurt, but survives.

I mean, if Jason resurrected for an external force, it isn't Jason's tenacity that makes him survive (and there is no way Joker could expect his survival).
    When Joker finished crowbarring him, he was still alive. This Joker said he left him alive to hurt Batman

Johns forget about the bomb I think, or in his version, there's no bomb

I thought of it as Joker basically taking credit for Jasons resurrection, not so much implying that he left him alive, more so that he knew Jason would 'live' again and proclaiming that that was part of his grand scheme and desire.
    All to get under Jasons skin by trying to take the agency of Jasons return away from him.
    Hurm... I guess this works...
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 08-26-2020 at 06:15 AM.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Dexter Soy (Little Tales from the Dark Multiverse - Batman: Hush sneak peek)

Nick Robles (inspired by Gotham Knights Jason Todd)

"Jason"

bententodd (Red Hood: Outlaw #48 fanart)

Fans of Jason must be pretty pissed with Three Jokers since Jason was pretty upset with all the things Jokers was saying (giving the sense it was true what he was saying), especially that part where he cowarded under the beating unleashed by the Joker.

No, I'm not nor I see it as him being "coward" or whatever.
    “Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving.”
    – Dale Carnegie

Or he expected that Batman would show up before the bomb went off and would save Jason. Saying what he said to Jason takes everything away from him, because it doesn't matter he ressurected, Joker never wanted him dead in the first place (maybe), and Jason living granted his wish.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    Dexter Soy (Little Tales from the Dark Multiverse - Batman: Hush sneak peek)

What's that? Soy is going to draw Jason again? I miss the guy.
    “Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving.”
    – Dale Carnegie

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    What's that? Soy is going to draw Jason again? I miss the guy.
    Dexter Soy is the artist for Dark Multiverse - Batman: Hush. The oneshot was announced two weeks ago in the DC November solicitations.

written by PHILLIP KENNEDY JOHNSON
    art by DEXTER SOY
    cover by DAVID MARQUEZ
    ONE-SHOT | PRESTIGE FORMAT
    ON SALE 11/3/20
    $5.99 US | 48 PAGES | FC | DC
    Following the smash success of last year’s Tales from the Dark Multiverse series, DC returns with five new tales that explore dark, twisted timelines spinning out some of DC’s most iconic stories. It begins with the story that kicked off the modern era for Batman...“Hush”! The landmark story introduced Bruce Wayne’s childhood friend Tommy Elliot as he tried to destroy the Dark Knight...but what if Tommy had ruined Bruce’s life when they were children?
    Tommy Elliot grew up to be the Dark Prince of Gotham City with the help of Talia al Ghul, Oswald Cobblepot, Harvey Dent, and Jason Todd! But vengeance is coming in the form of Batman the Silenced...who will tear Tommy’s life apart! Written by rising star Phillip Kennedy Johnson (The Last God) with jaw-dropping artwork from Dexter Soy (Batman and the Outsiders)!