Page 28 of 200 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    I honestly wonder how can anyone unironically believe that Dick is struggling because DC is afraid of him "outshining" Batman. I mean, come on. The reason why he is struggling is the same reason why every other character does too which is because writers don't have the right pitch for them. It's not a conspiracy nor some kind of agenda aganist him or anyone else.

And seeing the theories about Wills reminded with how disappointed I was with how Lobdell handled the plot. Issue 23 is still to me the best issue he wrote in his 10 years with Red Hood and it's a shame how it went nowhere.
    Those conspicacy theories always make me roll my eyes. If a character it's struggling, logic says is not because someone has putting them aside because some fear for other character, or because someone in a high place dislikes them. I have a hard time believing that because every character is an asset to the company they're owned by, and damaging them voluntary is damaging a possible future income, because you never know what will work for the readers next week or month or year.

If a character is struggling, I think it's usually because editorial either doesn't know what they want to do with them, or the concept they chose for them doesn't grab interest between the readers, or the artistic team isn't doing a good enough work "selling" it. Or there isn't just enough interest in that character at the time. They're tied to tendences, like everything else; people gain and loose interest in certain stories with the passing of time. This works for every fictional story. I like Blue Bettle, for example (I'm not a fan, but I like both Jaime and Ted), and I know that I don't have a new booke because probably there isn't enough interest in the audience and maybe because there isn't a creative team with an idea that the bosses like for them. Or the Green Arrow cast as a whole, a big one fanbase with even a Life Action and everything: I bet it's not only that Bendis benched their book because his Leviathan stuff. By now, that ended and there's still no book in the near future. Nope. I think they just put the whole cast to rest for a while, and see if, much like tsome cuotivated land would, it gains some new momentum with a bit of passed time, some new interest. And maybe a new idea.to work with that they like. Or maybe they're just waiting for 5G to release a book with Connor as GA IDK.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 02-11-2020 at 08:35 AM.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Jason is one of the options in the "DC's sexiest men: Hunk Edition" poll of DC Universe

https://www.dcuniverse.com/news/poll...-week-2-hunks/
    DC Universe is also advertising the poll on Twitter.

DC Universe
    @TheDCUniverse
    Hubba hubba! This week, DC’s hunks take the stage in the search for DC’s sexiest man in the Universe! https://yourdcu.com/sxmwk2

Which of these four bachelors will you pick? Vote here: https://yourdcu.com/sxmwk2v

And here's
    the original post:

Dick Grayson is so last year. It’s time for someone new to take on the role of sexiest man of the DC Universe. Check out our contestants here and vote for your picks each week! https://yourdcu.com/dcusma

They should also make a Best Detective poll and exclude Batman. The same way that there are a lot of hot guys in the DC universe that can challenge Dick, there are brilliant detectives in the DC universe that can keep up with Bruce.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    Is this real? (source)
    It is

https://twitter.com/flametoys_staff/...00767161356289

I'm cracking up at the banner for the Sexiest man using that panel of Jason in the shower from RH/A #2
    Last edited by Dark_Tzitzimine; 02-11-2020 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    It is

https://twitter.com/flametoys_staff/...00767161356289

I'm cracking up at the banner for the Sexiest man using that panel of Jason in the shower from RH/A #2
    Me too. We all know what's going to happen in the next panels.
    Paolo Pantalena's artworks are going places.
    Wasn't one of his artworks also used on a figure box?

I'm surprised that they are still making new Arkham Knight figures.
    Seems like the game is still popular.

How did everyone feel about Jason's part in Alfred RIP?

Honestly, I think his reaction was muted, that he should have been far angrier with Bruce then what was shown. And not sure if Tomasi read it or not, but Outlaws #25 gave some pretty good reasons for Jason not wanting to help Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post

Honestly, I think his reaction was muted, that he should have been far angrier with Bruce then what was shown. And not sure if Tomasi read it or not, but Outlaws #25 gave some pretty good reasons for Jason not wanting to help Bruce.
    I didn't read it yet (I'm not at home yet), but for one, as far as I see, it's not like Jason was absolutely antaginizing in RHATO #27 either. He's not going to chill with Bruce at all, as seen in the issue where Jason comes back to Gotham; but he seems to be kind of emotionally supportive, I guess? Which would be why he hugged Bruce, because all that happened with the HiC mess, that should have hit Bruce hard.

Extraordinary Member

He drinks, is a jerk, must be saved and is not included in the family photo.
    Pretty much standard treatment of him by the Batoffice.

Batman: Pennyworth R.I.P. was weird. I thought it's about mourning Alfred but it felt more like a Bruce Wayne, Barbara Gordon and Dick Grayson show.
    Some dialogues felt weird.
    Some scenes felt weird.
    All in all there was so much potential but a lot of potential was wasted.

I haven't gotten the issue yet but what I have seen in commentary makes it feel like no one keeps canon straight.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Sigh. I guess I'll ask someone to lend me the issue. All of the four, and not even a positive trait to balance? Sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    Batman: Pennyworth R.I.P. was weird. I thought it's about mourning Alfred but it felt more like a Bruce Wayne, Barbara Gordon and Dick Grayson show.
    Some dialogues felt weird.
    Some scenes felt weird.
    All in all there was so much potential but a lot of potential was wasted.
    So, standard treatment for the Royalty of the company. Everything needs to be only about them, even when it shouldn't.

I'm mad now.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Im not sure Jason comes across that badly. Sure he is a bit arguementative at the start but I think that can be chalked up too grief. Its natural to say things you don't mean especially when you are upset. Barbara arguebly loses her cool her more by tossing a glass at the wall.
    Tim and Barbara especially absolutely rip Bruce to shreds (rightfully so). Jason comes across as alot more sympathetic.

I actually really enjoyed this issue! Because I think this is the precursor to Bruce getting his head out his arse and fixing what he has broken!

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Jason does make good points, true, but ultimately it is pointless because is obviously depicted as the one being in the wrong there. Besides that, the story keeps the tradition of using Jason as a means to prop the others by being the one acting wrong/bad. I do appreciate them using the classic costume instead of Ermac's.

Hey, I read it.

It wasn't that bad for Jason. I didn't like the issue: they make the whole thing about Bruce, when it should've been about Alfred. And that's bad, however you look at it. It's like when you're in a wedding and some random guest is stealing the spotlight of the groom and the bride. That's tasteless, and Alfred has his fans, you know? And art was, eh, not my cup of tea half the time (thankfully, not in Jason's flashbacks few pages :3). But errr, Jason's part in this little mess wasn't that bad? You made it feel way worse than it was! O.o Like @Katana said, he comes across as rather sympathetic. It's true that they make it look like he's kinda bad and stuff, when the others (but Damian, who is clearly shocked and guilt tripped, shut in himself) mostly do the same, and his points are actual real points, and readers have to realize they're, ultimately. But still, his role was nice: he was kinda mature, even. Can't say the same for Barbara, that honestly, I didn't like at all (but I usually don't like her much, so...). But then, of course, he's left out of the family picture. Ah, I wish someone would put some glue in the seat of certain people.

This issue should've been published in the regular Batman run, not as some special issue for Alfred. This is Batman and Robin Eternal or Robin War all over again.

And what the heck? There's at least two if not three things in this issue that are against what RHATO states differently. And at least a big one for Dick and Nightwing as far as I know. Feels as if they wrote this issue in a rush and never took into account other books but Batman and, maybe, Tec. That's a bit of a sloppy work, if you ask me.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    Im not sure Jason comes across that badly.
    It is not that bad but it is also not great (and I wouldn't have such a big problem if it wasn't always like that if he appears in a Batfamily story).

I'm just sick of these Jason is reckless, overly reliant on his guns and needs to be saved thing, in this case from a bunch of random thugs.
    Compare it to the other flashbacks, Damian, Barbara and Tim get their villains down with no problem, with Damian and Tim being Just at the beginning of their career, but Jason of course doesn't ....