Page 33 of 200 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383133 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Auch. Why did it so low? It dropped like lead.
    I wouldnt say it dropped like lead. 400 copies isnt that big a deal and could have been simply because the variant wasnt popular or ordered?

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I wouldnt say it dropped like lead. 400 copies isnt that big a deal and could have been simply because the variant wasnt popular or ordered?
    Last month (November) it did more than 400 more copies. It almost reached the 22k mark. A drop of 400-500 copies is the average. This though, isn't by far.

Edit: even before that, for October, we were doing more than 17,5k.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 02-17-2020 at 12:46 PM.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

It is entirely possible that the series skipping December and then have both in January led to both issues "cannibalize" each other's sales. We'll need to see how 43 sell.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    It is entirely possible that the series skipping December and then have both in January led to both issues "cannibalize" each other's sales. We'll need to see how 43 sell.
    RH:O isn't the only title from the 01/01/20 releases that has such a significant drop.

Little change of subject: I've found more Starwars/Batman fanarts. I don't know if this is really becoming a thing in the fan-community but it definitely looks like fun.

nockuth

And younger versions of Jason by nockuth

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    Little change of subject: I've found more Starwars/Batman fanarts. I don't know if this is really becoming a thing in the fan-community but it definitely looks like fun.

nockuth

And younger versions of Jason by nockuth

As a long time SW fan, I supeeapprove of all these. I hope it last tong :3. And I hope they make Jason a mandalorian. It fits him :^D (I think).

Tom Taylor

Red Hood has never looked so red.

Our first issue of #DCeased #Unkillables hits stores tomorrow.

Jason Fabok

Batman and Batgirl. Happy (Bat) Family day to my Canadian friends and family! #ThreeJokers #Batman

Batman Family Is Treating Jason Todd Horribly After Alfred's Death

Wow! I didn't expect CBR to do an article on this.

Quote Originally Posted by kaimaciel View Post

Link isn't working but I'd love to read that

Quote Originally Posted by kaimaciel View Post

I have reread Batman: Pennyworth R.I.P. a few times by now - and my opinion hasn't changed - well, maybe for the worse.

The best I can say is that it made me appreciate Red Hood and the Outlaws #23 (and Red Hood: Outlaw #42, even Red Hood: Outlaw #27) more.

I expected Batman: Pennyworth R.I.P. to be something similar to RHatO #23:
    The narrative framework could have been Bruce' speech about Alfred (not just a discarding "The speech is beautiful. It really is.") intertwined with flashbacks by different members of the batfamily, not just Dick, Jason, Tim, Damian and Barbara. I'd have included reactions of allies like Superman, Wonder Woman, etc. too.

I would have preferred "better" stories for the flashbacks. For me, the writers missed the point.

In my eyes, Alfred isn't loved as a character because he's some kind of ubermensch who dresses up as Batman, drives the batmobile, electrocutes criminals, retrieves utensils from the GCPD evidence room like he's the main character from Mission Impossible or effortlessly climbs mountains in his old days.

Alfred is loved because he's literally a supporting character. He's loved because he cares about his family. Things like giving Damian a little life lesson (“You break it, you clean it.”), visiting Jason or celebrating Barbara's one-year-anniversary after recovery show the true Alfred. (Tim’s flashback didn’t have any substance in my eyes and didn’t highlight Alfred. Tynion was more occupied showing how “awesome” Robin Tim was.)

But instead of giving closure regarding Alfred's death, his death was exploited by the writers to create forced drama so that Tynion and Tomasi can push their stories for Batman and Detective Comics. Considering how the characters were treated in this issue, I'm not interested in seeing how Tynion and Tomasi will treat them in their stories, especially not Jason.

I wasn't interested in another batfamily trial like Tynion already wrote in Detective Comics #975: "The trial of Batwoman". Instead of Kate it's now Bruce who's on a trial.
    I already didn't like Detective Comics #975 and this here is just too similar:

Barbara is the one who prepares and is the major player in the confrontation.
    Dick "speaks from the heart".
    Tim is the idealist who only wants to help Bruce.
    Jason calls things by their real name: Kate's trial was a "witchhunt" and Bruce' trial a "crucifixion".
    Damian doesn't really add anything to the main discussion. (Although Damian has at least some role here).

There is so much forced drama in this issue: (And since Tynion apparently wants to push Barbara and Tim and Tomasi wants to push Damian but they also want to create friction, Jason gets the short end of the stick more often than not and is portrayed as jerk who lashes out at everyone in a way he would never behave in his own series.)

- Jason was told not to come to the public event – for no reason. (In the meanwhile it’s okay that Barbara stands alongside Bruce, Damian and I-don’t-know-who like she is part of the Wayne family.)
    - This weird dialogue between Dick and Jason makes no sense. Why would Jason call Dick "not a part of this family anymore"? It's still Dick, just with amnesia. Jason himself had amnesia before (written by Tynion – so don’t tell me the writers didn’t know). And when Bruce had amnesia, Jason still hugged him in RH/A.
    - Barbara attacking Jason because he wasn't in the city. (Also blaming an amnesic Dick. Why?)
    - Jason blaming Damian for no reason.
    - Why would Jason call Tim a "Brownnoser."? Wasn't it said often enough that Tim is one of Jason's favorite people in the batfamily?
    - What's going on with this Damian self-pity show? Is DC really trying to tell me that NOT A SINGLE PERSON in the batfamily took the time to talk with Damian? And didn't Damian listen? A few pages before his departure Barbara already said that he wasn't responsible. So what's going on with Damian's "I know what you all are thinking."? And of course, for cheap drama, Damian isn't allowed to hear Jason's "[...]We all know what that feels like right now. We're all feeling it.")
    - Why is no one following Damian? I know Bruce is his dad but it’s clear that Bruce is suffering and therefore can’t properly care for his kid right now. And when someone is suffering, a family should do what a family does best: help out. So why isn’t Barbara following Damian? She’s the one who's angry about Bruce neglecting Damian (in Detective Comics #975 she was mad because Bruce neglected Cass). Why not Dick? Sure, he has amnesia, but amnesia doesn’t stop him from saying some sappy stuff to Bruce at the end either - or from carrying a photo of the "batfamily" around.
    - Bruce already looks like a beaten dog – but that doesn’t stop Barbara from being harsh and insensitive. Some of her points aren’t even really Bruce’ fault.
    Last edited by Sergard; 02-18-2020 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Link isn't working but I'd love to read that
    Let's try again?

https://www.cbr.com/batman-family-ja...-alfred-death/

Yey! Now it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    I'm sensing a theme here.

Batman: Pennyworth R.I.P.

I know Jason's standing with the family always seems to be in constant flux but it still felt kinda fucked up to me that he wasn't in this picture :|

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I know Jason's standing with the family always seems to be in constant flux but it still felt kinda fucked up to me that he wasn't in this picture :|
    Agreed. When I read it, I had to double check to make sure Jason wasn't there.

Honestly, just more proof Jason has found his real family with the Outlaws.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Agreed. When I read it, I had to double check to make sure Jason wasn't there.

Ya, no doubt. Look, I've always held out hope that he and they would grow closer. It's been shown here and there. However, it seems as though he truly us destined to be thrown from the nest and only called upon when they need to use him. Love Jason, he's one of the best Legacy charecters ever. Hers to Jason!!

I'm shocked that this was not only written about in an article but that someone that doesn't seem to be following RHO noticed. Jason Todd has been reintroduced to Gotham in his own series, so the family can't be trying to keep him away because of his death. He could have still shown up even if he was still considered dead, but making it so he had to avoid security? That sounds like they actually told guards to keep him out which just feels spiteful. Alfred wanted the family together but nah.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I've been feeling that way for awhile, at this stage he's better off with them and away from the bat family/writers.

Without spoiling anything since it’s still pretty early, Jason not only gets a good chunk of the story in Dceased Unkillables #1 today with what I think are some good moments for him....you know as good as being one of the few survivors of the batfamily in a zombie apocalypse can be.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.