Page 138 of 200 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148188 ... LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 2987
    Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Here's the cover

Reposting since is new page

RED HOOD #52

written by SHAWN MARTINBROUGH
    art by TONY AKINS and STEFANO GAUDIANO
    cover by DAN MORA
    variant cover by SKAN
    ON SALE 12/22/20
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES | FC | DC
    After making his dramatic return to Gotham City, Jason Todd finds himself in the middle of a turf war between a violent gang aided by Killer Croc and a new group of vigilantes dedicated to protecting his old neighborhood of the Hill.
    When a childhood friend is targeted for assassination by a vicious new crime lord on the rise, the Red Hood must forge an uneasy alliance with the vigilantes to save her.

And I was looking at the other solicits and the cover for Death Metal: The Last 52: War of the Multiverses #1 has something really strange

Zombie Roy. Oh, and Jason is to Roy's left.
    Last edited by Dark_Tzitzimine; 09-11-2020 at 10:06 AM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Here's the cover

Reposting since is new page

RED HOOD #52

written by SHAWN MARTINBROUGH
    art by TONY AKINS and STEFANO GAUDIANO
    cover by DAN MORA
    variant cover by SKAN
    ON SALE 12/22/20
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES | FC | DC
    After making his dramatic return to Gotham City, Jason Todd finds himself in the middle of a turf war between a violent gang aided by Killer Croc and a new group of vigilantes dedicated to protecting his old neighborhood of the Hill.
    When a childhood friend is targeted for assassination by a vicious new crime lord on the rise, the Red Hood must forge an uneasy alliance with the vigilantes to save her.
    There it is. My guess was they used Killer Croc because he's black and this story is about a black neighborhood, and at first, because he used to be a mob boss in his first appearance, but then I asked if his birthplace in Gotham was ever mentioned, and people said no or don't remember, so I thought they're gonna make The Hill Croc's old place.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    There it is. My guess was they used Killer Croc because he's black and this story is about a black neighborhood, and at first, because he used to be a mob boss in his first appearance, but then I asked if his birthplace in Gotham was ever mentioned, and people said no or don't remember, so I thought they're gonna make The Hill Croc's old place.
    According to DC wikia he was born in Tampa, Florida.

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Waylon_Jones_(New_Earth)

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    According to DC wikia he was born in Tampa, Florida.

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Waylon_Jones_(New_Earth)
    ...Of course, it's Florida

Found it. I just forgot which villain issue he was. Batman and Robin. In the New 52, his childhood was in Crown Point, Gotham City, but he's got no daddy and momma. He's living with his auntie. So it's possible he moved there from Florida.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Dexter Soy (probably from Tales from the Dark Multiverse - Batman: Hush)

Nick Robles (The scar on the face is a reference to Jason in the Gotham Knights game. The autopsy scar is a headcanon of some fans.)

"Morning Jason"

Main issue with the autopsy scar, is that it would most likely be healed by the Lazurus Pit after he was tossed in.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Main issue with the autopsy scar, is that it would most likely be healed by the Lazurus Pit after he was tossed in.
    that's not even main issue they didn't even do an autopsy because of the damage to his body.

There wouldn't even be a need for an autopsy.

An autopsy (post-mortem examination, obduction, necropsy, or autopsia cadaverum) is a surgical procedure that consists of a thorough examination of a corpse by dissection to determine the cause, mode, and manner of death or to evaluate any disease or injury that may be present for research or educational purposes.
    Jason was tortured by Joker and died in an explosion. There aren't any questions that aren't already answered.

Furthermore, some rips and organs are removed during an autopsy. What happened to those parts?

For main-continuity Jason it makes no sense to have an autopsy scar. In a different universe, writers surely could make up a plausible reason why Jason has one.
    Last edited by Sergard; 09-12-2020 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    There wouldn't even be a need for an autopsy.
    Jason was tortured by Joker and died in an explosion. There aren't any questions that aren't already answered.

Furthermore, some rips and organs are removed during an autopsy. What happened to those parts?

For main-continuity Jason it makes no sense to have an autopsy scar. In a different universe, writers surely could make up a plausible reason why Jason has one.

As someone else posted in Reddit, a scar of that kind implies a series of procedures has been made to the body, and sure as hell Jason wouldn't be fine afterwards.

As cool and fashionable as the scar may look for some, it's kind of, meh, not realistic, or... something like that. Belieavable, maybe. Doesn't follo0w a fine logic in and out universe.

That being said, that fanart is honestly good, so, well, whatever

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    That was true in the Joker graphic novel and in Suicide Squad but I don't think that's ever really been confirmed in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That was true in the Joker graphic novel and in Suicide Squad but I don't think that's ever really been confirmed in the comics.
    He's black in Batman and Robin #23.4 Killer Croc #1 Villains Mont... who approved this titling?
    I don't know if it's been revealed in other comics before New 52

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

https://www.dcfandome.com/video/insi...87080017244aba

Short documentary about the poll for the original story and the Titans show. For the most part, is just a rehash of what we've seen on the extras for Under the Red Hood but there's an interesting tidbit from Titans EP who says that Jason in the show is basically, Geof Johns' take on him. So you can sort of get an idea of how Geoff sees Jason as a character, And is not a flattering view. Besides that, O'Neil and Didio (yes it was recorded before everything went down) double down on the idea that Jason failed as a Robin and that was the reason he had to die. And I hate that posture. Jason was a fine Robin until writers decided he wasn't. Another thing it bothered me was the way half of the video was about DC justifying the reason to kill Jason and why they think people voted for him to die back then. But when they brought the recent poll for the show, they simply forego a similar deep analysis on why the fans voted now for him to live. Besides a passing mention that people probably felt responsible for wanting him to die in the past. Something that makes no sense since these are different audiences altogether.

If this is really how DC sees Jason, then is disappointing that they haven't changed their minds in 15 years.
    Last edited by Dark_Tzitzimine; 09-12-2020 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    If this is really how DC sees Jason, then is disappointing that they haven't changed their minds in 15 years.
    Yeah, pretty disappointing.

Maybe if DC ever decided to actually print it one day, I could actually point people to an omnibus copy of Jasons robin days and say please read this first before talking about it, thanks.
    Last edited by RedBird; 09-13-2020 at 12:11 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Maybe if DC ever decided to actually print it one day, I could actually point people to an omnibus copy of Jasons robin days and say please read this first before talking about it, thanks.
    I think the "Batman: Second Chances" TDB covers the most important parts before Jason went dark.

To cover everything from the original run you also need (I think) "Batman: The Caped Crusader Vol.1" , "Batman:The Dark Knight Detective Vol.1", "Batman: The Cult" and "Death in the Family".

I like Bryan Hill in the interview. (Although, like Dark, I disagree with his statement that voters felt responsible for Jason's death. All death-voters I've seen so far on social media are even proud of their vote.) But all in all, there wasn't any new information or aspect shared.