Page 53 of 200 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I would say either when he was Nightwing (Nightwing #118), or post Count Down (Robin #177).
    Forgot to ask, what happened in Robin #177?

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I think that was when Jason ambushed Tim in Titans Tower. Don't quote me on that though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I think that was when Jason ambushed Tim in Titans Tower. Don't quote me on that though.
    No, I think that happened in Johns' TT. Again, I as well may be wrong.
    Robin 177 is near the end of the run, so it could be just before Battle for the Cowl.
    Edit: I glanced (again, because I remember reading this sometime ago) over that issue, an encounter disconnected to any other stuff happening in the big storylines. Man, Tim's OYL costume* is so nice.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 03-25-2020 at 09:09 PM.

A little late but...

I really liked the Robin anniversary overall, and I especially loved Jay's story.
    I had already assumed it would be a contrasting 'then and now' kind of story, but I thought the direction was going to be more like a, 'Jason reminisces about the time he 'disobeyed' and 'failed' and how this made him into the resentful Red Hood', kind of thing, etc. Instead, this has an emotional impact that is very much akin to the 'tug at your heartstrings' final scene from the UTRH animated film.

It was simple, tender and bittersweet, with a nice little analogy using the watch/time, and it presented an adorably enthusiastic, sassy, thoughtful and sweet Robin Jason. The complex relationship between Bruce and Jason is still clearly as enduring in the story despite the pain and resentment. The art was also very beautiful and effective in how it displayed the strong contrast and similarities within the two timelines. I always welcome more stories like this that actually highlight Jason's positive and endearing characteristics as Robin, and furthermore show how those characteristics followed him even through his dramatic transformation as Red Hood.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    Of course that's Jason.
    Look at the shadows. There are Batman and Robin.
    Also notice that Jason is presented in three colors, green, yellow and red.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Also notice that Jason is presented in three colors, green, yellow and red.
    I feel so lame, sigh. I can't believe myself sometimes.

/*dramatic gesture.

Extraordinary Member

That's before BFC, where Jason takes control over several gangs and starts a gang war to take over Gotham. And is them taken down by Tim and put in prison.

Thats kind of the start of the Jason going full villain, we had during Morrisons Run.

Spectacular Member

robin 177 jason was trying to unite all the gangs as there leader tim found out about it jason ask for help tim told him no jason open fire trying to draw tim near him so they can fight. the general show up wearing the red robin out fit jason tried to shoot him because he was wearing the RR outfit but one of the gang leaders found jason gun and shot him, jason get sent to prison. it's basically the lead up to tim donning the red robin outfit he find out from donna who gave jason the suit and why jason would flip out about it.

178-179 Tim dons the RR cowl for the first time the general kills his brother and sister. tim take jason plan for uniting the gangs and actually smooth out the edges like jason ask. alfred talk tim into getting jason out of jail and tim frame it as doing a favor for bruce. You Get jason and tim acknowledging each other as family in their own way. next up robin 183 bruce leave jason a horrible last will setting up BFTC.
    Last edited by redmax99; 03-25-2020 at 11:24 PM.

Spectacular Member

Yeah attacking the gun or hand makes more sense. It's really hard to aim for the neck when the neck is behind Joker's head

Tell me about this one

"Jason appears once more in several issues of Green Arrow alongside Brick as part of a gun-running organization, which brings Batman to Star City.
    Jason's true motives are shown in the third part as he kidnaps Mia Dearden (Speedy) in an effort to convert her to his side, feeling that they are kindred spirits, cast down by society and at odds with their mentors.
    The two fight while conversing but when Jason is unsuccessful in his bid to turn Mia, he settles for blowing up her high school. Mia is deeply troubled by what transpired between her and Jason but ultimately decides to stick with Green Arrow."

Doesn't sound good
    it's actually a good story. it got plenty of batman fans upset,Jason haters and lovers at the time complain about the way Bruce talk about him. They took everything at surface level not understanding his action. Plus you have two of the worst parents sniping about each other parenting skills.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    Jason looks ... healthy. (Jason may want to size up his jacket. It looks a little tight around the chest area xD)
    The only thing I'm not sure about is his left eye. It looks closed - and there seems to be a scar. Maybe he has lost an eye? But this could also be the artwork.

I first thought that Jason wears a military uniform. But the badge reads Stonegate (and something with "correction").
    Is this the prison Bruce is in? Did Bruce order Montoya to find Jason so that Jason could be Bruce' prison guard?
    Yes, exactly. He's saying he wants someone there who can make sure Bruce won't escape, because he can of course escape anything. So they bring in Jason Todd, by Bruce's request.

Bruce found out Jason was alive from Jack Napier (the sane version of Joker) in the first series. In this universe, Jason was the first Robin, then sometime after his death/disappearance, Bruce adopted Dick Grayson.

It appears that Jason Todd is probably a high level government/military assassin of some kind. Murphy likes to incorporate story points from Bat movies and other media, so I think it could be quite possible that this Jason might be a more "Arkham Knight" version of the Red Hood, at least to begin with, or a different name entirely -- maybe he'll be "The Comedian". I've always thought that names like "Jason Todd" and "Tim Drake" were strong enough to be their own "Nightwing" names without a codename honestly, though in-universe they can be called whatever you want. Like "Damian" is probably referred to as "Damian" more than he is "Robin." They can all be Robin as far as I'm concerned, and I think Murphy's view is similar -- in the first series, that same issue #7, Barbara tells Dick he's still basically Robin even if he's not calling himself that. And she basically is too.

So yeah my guess is Jason Todd left Gotham to become basically a global secret agent or private military operator. It's also possible that Murphy could throw a curveball on Todd's usual angsty persona and instead portray this Jason as a broken man who is more like a minister of peace; he's in military garb but he might not necessarily have a heart of violence like we assume. He probably will though.

But I'm definitely excited by the prospect of the Trial... and I assume we'll see more of Harvey Dent/Two Face, who idk if we've even seen yet? I might be misremembering. In post-Crisis continuity, Dent killed Jason's father over a gambling debt so there's a connection between those two characters as possibilities for a Trial series.
    Last edited by gregpersons; 03-26-2020 at 01:22 AM.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

I wouldn't expect Murphy to reference relatively obscure trivia from old comics. Let's not forget the whole reason Jason is the first Robin in the White Knight universe is because Murphy mixed up his Robins.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    I wouldn't expect Murphy to reference relatively obscure trivia from old comics. Let's not forget the whole reason Jason is the first Robin in the White Knight universe is because Murphy mixed up his Robins.
    Did he confirm it was a mix up? Murphy seems to have a good handle on trivia, even if there's clearly a big influence from outside-comics media. There's a lot of references to Batman '89 obviously but also there were a lot of callbacks to specific panels in Knightfall throughout this.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gregpersons View Post
    Did he confirm it was a mix up? Murphy seems to have a good handle on trivia, even if there's clearly a big influence from outside-comics media. There's a lot of references to Batman '89 obviously but also there were a lot of callbacks to specific panels in Knightfall throughout this.
    Yup

Through his own admittance, Murphy is not very knowledgeable about comics continuity. He also didn't intend to use Jason Todd in the story because he didn't know enough about him. Then, when Murphy needed to add something for the Joker to do that was so bad even Harley Quinn quit, Jason's murder came into the picture.

It was only after the final decisions on White Knight #2 were made that he realized what this meant for the order of Robins. Thankfully, it's a subtle change and fans haven't seemed to mind, if they even noticed it at all. In his Twitter thread, Murphy was quick to thank his readers for not being too hard on him about it. After all, it's not in continuity, so anything can be changed.
    https://www.cbr.com/batman-white-kni...in-chronology/

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

More "Jason Todd" in Animal Crossing New Horizons. So cute xD

source: Sdimo

source: Sdimo

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

source: zumaon (There's a Roy version too xD)