Page 22 of 200 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    as long as the characterization is good, Height and stuff doesn't really bother me all that much.

One question about yesterday's issue. How did Jason know Artemis was also lying?

I think the bigger question is why did she lie?

Quote Originally Posted by Tomar8989 View Post
    Maybe afraid to love again? Look what happened last time.

Could even just be nervous that Jason wouldn't feel the same.

I think Jackalope is pretty spot on though. Probably doesn't want to risk her friendship with Jason collapsing if the relationship goes badly or something worse happening to Jason and she ends up alone again.

I had the feeling, back then, in issue 20 or so? After the fake-date, that she didn't like the idea of involving herself in a relationship with Jason because she thought she wasn't good (because she killed people like not-Willis and maybe a few other things she did for people like Luthor). She knows Jason has issues, and my guess is that, besides her own fears about falling in love and caring too much for someone in the business, she's also afraid to hurt him further.

But, I don't know.
    I don't think that Lobdell is still that much against pairing the two in a ship, he's clearly slowly developing them; but this is a classic unresolved sexual tension, a trope people has been using in fiction (like in TV) for decades now, to get the audience caught for a long ride. And I think it works fine until people starts to get tired of the "will they or won't". I think it can work fine in comics, as much or even better than in TV, because you have a few issues in advance to plan the outcome of the relationship if you really need to end it (because it's become tiresome and readers are growing uninterested). If this run ends in issue #50, I think there's a high chance that we will get an answer in that last issue, being that them hooking up for good or breaking up.

(he he, I've just realised that I've been watching shows with that trope since I was a really small kid. Moonlighting and Remington Steele were two shows that I often watch with my mom).

So, what I mean is, that maybe he's trying to play that card to get people to stay in the book for a while. And that's the meta-reason why they're not honest to each other.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 01-23-2020 at 05:24 PM.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

I believe this is Yasmine Putri's variant for the Robin 80th Anniversary one shot. Pretty glad it has Jason on his N52 Robin Costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post

I believe this is Yasmine Putri's variant for the Robin 80th Anniversary one shot. Pretty glad it has Jason on his N52 Robin Costume.
    Yep, it is. It's in DC's twitter, alongside with most of the other variants.

It's a really good cover.
    A pity the one for the 80's has Carrie instead of Jason, but it was to be expected, with Miller doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    I'm surprised that the Yasmine Putri cover wasn't a Damian only cover, but boy am I supremely glad that she was the artist to bring the group shot cover to life, cause this is GORGEOUS.

I love all the little details, the colors and tones, the giant R for robin in the background blending with all their yellow capes, the way that the zip line/rope moves your eye across the page, starting from Dick, moving across the robins and ending at Damian. The fact that they all have some kind of iconic weapon or tool in their hand. The zip line (plus general acrobatics) for Dick, the bo staff for Tim, the brass knuckles for Steph, the sword for Damian, the slingshot for Carrie, and of course the tire iron for Jason. I love it

Also, it's interesting to note that everyone seems to be wearing their old and/or classic robin uniforms (Dicks in his classic, so is Tim, Steph and Carrie, and even Damian is wearing his old black hood yellow cape uniform) whilst Jason is the only one in his updated/modern new52 uniform. Not that I'm really complaining, I was actually going to make a post about my appreciation for the uniform. As much as I am nostalgic for the classic look, his new52/rebirth costume is by far one of the best versions of an updated robin v1 look that I have come across, one that modernizes on the more ridiculous aspects whilst still remaining faithful and recognizable in regards to the classic uniform.
    Last edited by RedBird; 01-26-2020 at 02:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    I'm surprised that the Yasmine Putri cover wasn't a Damian only cover, but boy am I supremely glad that she was the artist to bring the group shot cover to life, cause this is GORGEOUS.

I love all the little details, the colors and tones, the giant R for robin in the background blending with all their yellow capes, the way that the zip line/rope moves your eye across the page, starting from Dick, moving across the robins and ending at Damian. The fact that they all have some kind of iconic weapon or tool in their hand. The zip line (plus general acrobatics) for Dick, the bo staff for Tim, the brass knuckles for Steph, the sword for Damian, the slingshot for Carrie, and of course the tire iron for Jason. I love it

Also, it's interesting to note that everyone seems to be wearing their old and/or classic robin uniforms (Dicks in his classic, so is Tim, Steph and Carrie, and even Damian is wearing his old black hood yellow cape uniform) whilst Jason is the only one in his updated/modern new52 uniform. Not that I'm really complaining, I was actually going to make a post about my appreciation for the uniform. As much as I am nostalgic for the classic look, his new52/rebirth costume is by far one of the best versions of an updated robin v1 look that I have come across, one that modernizes on the more ridiculous aspects whilst still remaining faithful and recognizable in regards to the classic uniform.
    The layout of the picture, how every element is placed, is high leveled skill. I wrote about it in other thread, but they also are placed in pairs. It's great, really. Shows how good she is in her work.

Jason's N52 costume is really nice. It's modern, kind of "tacticool"; but not overly complex or too "cool", like Dick's. It's more balanced colour wise, has a nice waistline, AND, more importantly, has a yellow cape with the classic collar. And that's sweet and cute and surprisingly doesn't clash with the rest of the costume. It's my second most liked Robin costume after Tim's black and red (which Jason wear in the movie as well). I like it even more than Damian's original one, which is pretty nice, too.

Extraordinary Member

It is probably to have him look distinctive from Dick.

It is a pretty good Robin costume imo more fitting for Dick, but for Jason I would have preferred a darker color scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Maybe afraid to love again? Look what happened last time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    Could even just be nervous that Jason wouldn't feel the same.

I think Jackalope is pretty spot on though. Probably doesn't want to risk her friendship with Jason collapsing if the relationship goes badly or something worse happening to Jason and she ends up alone again.
    Yeah, I think that's the gist of it. She still seems perhaps a little afraid of hurting someone she loves again, allowing herself to be vulnerable and love someone else and/or afraid of ruining or spoiling something 'good'.

Apples are usually symbols of temptation and desire, I think the apple in the story may have been a way to represent Artemis's desire for a relationship and how she sees her bond with Jason. I'm paraphrasing, but even her first lines in the story are about the apple, and how it looks so amazing and just so perfect that she can't even bear to eat it.
    Last edited by RedBird; 01-24-2020 at 02:42 AM.

It would have been great if the 80s cover was a combo of Jason and Carrie (and he was created before her anyway), but I can't say it's a huge lost because Miller's art doesn't appeal to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    It is probably to have him look distinctive from Dick.

It is a pretty good Robin costume imo more fitting for Dick, but for Jason I would have preferred a darker color scheme.
    Why?
    Last edited by Rise; 01-24-2020 at 03:13 AM.
    “Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving.”
    – Dale Carnegie

All-New Member

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Yeah, I think that's the gist of it. She still seems perhaps a little afraid of hurting someone she loves again, allowing herself to be vulnerable and love someone else and/or afraid of ruining or spoiling something 'good'.

Apples are usually symbols of temptation and desire, I think the apple in the story may have been a way to represent Artemis's desire for a relationship and how she sees her bond with Jason. I'm paraphrasing, but even her first lines in the story are about the apple, and how it looks so amazing and just so perfect that she can't even bear to eat it.
    Something very interesting is that Jason said that apples existed to be eaten,perhaps that was in a way a poetic rebuttal to her feeling like the Apple was too good to eat. Maybe saying that she is thinking to deep about things, just go with your desire to eat the apple.I believe that Jason does indeed want to get into a relationship with her but he knows that she has a very hard time being vulnerable to him but in this issue they both had walls around them and by the end they both came tumbling down whether it was her hugging Jason or Jason cupping her chin. She may be afraid to fall in love again but judging by this issue and the admission that they both are lying its going to happen eventually.

Something very interesting is that Jason said that apples existed to be eaten,perhaps that was in a way a poetic rebuttal to her feeling like the Apple was too good to eat. Maybe saying that she is thinking to deep about things, just go with your desire to eat the apple.I believe that Jason does indeed want to get into a relationship with her but he knows that she has a very hard time being vulnerable to him but in this issue they both had walls around them and by the end they both came tumbling down whether it was her hugging Jason or Jason cupping her chin. She may be afraid to fall in love again but judging by this issue and the admission that they both are lying its going to happen eventually.

I was actually thinking the exact same thing, but I thought I might have been reading too much into things, glad to see I'm not the only one to see that. I thought Jasons comment was a reflection of the fact that he is more ready for a relationship and understands at this point to not squander an opportunity. That good things should be taken as they come. After all that's what his memory with Roy from the last issue had been about.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kaimaciel View Post
    Vhyrel's commission for me

Attachment 91943
    Thanks again for the tip.
    Here's the sketch that Vhyrel drew for me.

Jason Todd Red Hood sketch by Vyrel.jpg

Read #42 and enjoyed it immensely. Jason truly has a supporting cast thats growing on me and this wad a sweet little cool down issue.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.