Page 30 of 200 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast

The only original stories in the issue are about Raven though. The other 3 stories are from Starfire's solo, the Super Sons book, and a Titans story from the 70s. Raven is the character Jason has no connection with, so I don't think he actually appears in the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    The only original stories in the issue are about Raven though. The other 3 stories are from Starfire's solo, the Super Sons book, and a Titans story from the 70s. Raven is the character Jason has no connection with, so I don't think he actually appears in the story.
    Don't tell that to certain fans of the Teen Titans animated series.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    He's holding a gun. I think that redrawing a character into a different one can be quite hard, and you would notice if the changed the pose that much. I'm pretty confident this is how the cover was meant to be from the start, unlike what happened with Dick for Kyle in Titans a year ago (or two? How long has it been?). Besides, Roy's been dead for long and Wally has been traveling the multiverse for six months too. I don't think this cover was commisioned so long ago \o/.

Now, Roy being the reason why Jason is there, as an actual reason to put him in the stories with the NTT's cast... Maybe that's what's happening here.
    I don't think it's a redraw either. Most likely an original story done for the Giants. The characters shown in the circles normally feature along with the ones in the main cover art.

These TT giants have always had a TT team never before seen in the comics as the lead original story.

Nevermind just saw Badou's comment. I wrong then

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

So this is a thing

Batman: The Adventures Continue is part of an initiative to introduce new characters into DC Collectibles’ Batman: The Animated Series line of toys, with Templeton designing these new additions in Timm’s style. So, the comic will feature many familiar faces from the DC Animated Universe like Superman and Lex Luthor and some that never appeared in that world until now, like Jason Todd.

“We’d gone from Dick Grayson to Tim Drake, and we had left out Jason. What we’re doing with this is looking at this as a chance to go back and actually acknowledge that was a part of the animated Batman’s history,” Dini tells EW. “For the first time, you’re going to see that story and you’re going to see what happened in that relationship. So, it’s our chance to not only to do Jason Todd but also the Red Hood. There are other characters like Azrael, who was popular in the comics around [the time of the show], and Deathstroke, who we never used in the animated series.”

Templeton adds: “It’s fun that it doesn’t feel like we have to deal with the 15 year gap since we told stories with these characters. We can just feel like we just stepped into these things yesterday, because the shows and comics are always out there. They never go away. I didn’t want it to feel like there’s a big gap and Batman was old and Tim was in his 30’s or anything like that. I’m really happy it just feels like the next day.” (To clarify even further, the comic takes place before the traumatic flashback events in Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker).

----

The first issue also introduces a mystery for the reader: “Who is the mysterious character in the shadows observing all of this?” says Templeton. Dini adds, “There’s a stranger in town who has staked out the Batman family, who knows them very well, and is watching them from a distance with a mixture of amusement and deep hatred. That’s gonna be a challenge and concern for them at some point. The guy is so good that even though Batman and the others get glimpses of him, they have no idea who he is or what he wants, and that’s a mystery for them to solve.”
    Another take on UTRH.

https://ew.com/books/2020/02/13/batm...-ty-templeton/

Interesting.

What's more, Paul Dini and Bruce Timm wanted to use Jason, but were told they couldn't by the higher ups. So, they took Jason's background and slapped "Tim Drake" onto him. So its going to be interesting to see how they do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    So this is a thing

Another take on UTRH.

This kind of reminds me of when, for the animated movies, there was talk of Jason Todd and Tim showing up even though they skipped over them in the Robin legacy.

So this is a thing

Another take on UTRH.

Goooooood. This picks my interest a lot. I trust Dini to write fun, good, original stuff; and this needs to be pretty original, because, as everyone knows, Tim in the TAS universe is basically Jason with little changes, and his fate kind of resembles Jason's as well with the torture and brainwashing and then turning into the bad guy himself. And we know that Jason didn't come to be between Dick and Tim, most probably.

Sooo... this Jason, apparently, goes after Tim in the sequence, and appears to be an antagonist from the start? Hum, I wonder what's the spin here for his story. Will this Jason being the stalker the fanbase make Tim be? But not only a stalker, but also makes them dance his mysterious tune and holds a grunge. Maaaaan, I'm just thinking of the many, many twists this story could have when you throw his original story through the window and create a new origin for him that would fit this premise... This can be very, very fun. And Dini, I think he likes Jason and understands what makes him so relatable and fun to read. I'm absolutely sold now. I don't care if it's just a thing for the sake of selling more toys.

Not even Dick's mullet will make me look forward for this any less.

Please don't make him look like the toy...

tumblr_a9287bc4279140d5bfb76b9142d881da_2865089d_640.jpg

He has no eyebrows!

I was just thinking that and hoping he didn't look like that.

Depends on if it's the same line of toys, I guess. Same line and same batch / year, even. Sometimes, toymakers change their designs from year to year.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Depends on if it's the same line of toys, I guess. Same line and same batch / year, even. Sometimes, toymakers change their designs from year to year.
    Its the same line. The comic is even meant as an advertisement for the toys.

Grrrr, so we're stuck with old grumpy browless Jason. Ehh, not sure I like that, but, well, whatever. I can deal with it.

OH NO! He looks so bad.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Red Hood: Outlaw #43 - finalized cover

If Bizarro and Artemis are back, why hasn't the book gone back to it's original title?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman