Page 32 of 200 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282132 ... LastLast

Cool. In the TT style. I like it a lot, it's nicely done.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    My thoughts exactly. I was looking at the whole set of solicits, and I felt like we fortunately dodged the bullet this time.
    Jason dodged a second bullet with Punchline.

The fanfic author Comicfan has posted a new story: The Masks We Wear. It's a one-shot about Jason and Artemis and takes place after RH:O 42 and before Batman: Pennyworth R.I.P. Artemis isn't very thrilled that Jason returns to Gotham and that he'll meet up with the batfamily.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    Jason dodged a second bullet with Punchline.

The fanfic author Comicfan has posted a new story: The Masks We Wear. It's a one-shot about Jason and Artemis and takes place after RH:O 42 and before Batman: Pennyworth R.I.P. Artemis isn't very thrilled that Jason returns to Gotham and that he'll meet up with the batfamily.
    How much bad it was?

How much bad it was?
    Punchline will appear in NIGHTWING #72 - so basically another Joker War tie-in.
    Good thing that Joker doesn't have more associates.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    Punchline will appear in NIGHTWING #72 - so basically another Joker War tie-in.
    Good thing that Joker doesn't have more associates.
    Oh, I though she had already debuted in Batman, or somewhere else.

Oh, yeah, I saw the tie-in bit. Sucks, to be honest. Dick doesn't need an event that doesn't have anything to do with his book to be drawn into his recovering / coming back to his ID plot. It's a bad move, imho. I get that they probably want to gain readers from the tie-in, but I don't think that it's going to help the story a lot, if anything at all. I don't know.

I was making some mask templates for Carnival, for the kids I teach, and I thought: I think, for a Jason pre-Crisis that goes antagonistic, it could be an interesting idea, making him a Carnival (as in the Carnival festivity. I think it's called Mardi Gras over there?) themed vigilante identity. It has a circus feel to it, it's implying some satirical meaning, subversion, life and death themes... I don't know, but it could be cool, developing that idea into an actual story. I think I may keep it for my non-fan writings. But, hum...

I've found a Jedi Jason fanart on Twitter by nockuth.

And since there's still no Three Jokers announcement, here a Three Red Hoods fanart by CAPesch.Arts

That reminds me, @Sergard, there seems to be a new small trend in the Batfam fanfics in AO3 about making crossovers with the Star Wars verse. I found one of them like a month ago, it's old, but it seems to have been ressurected recently, but I think it was promising. It was Jason-centric, and it's settled before the prequels, I think. Reminded me of Knights of the Old Republic a bit, too. I liked what I read. In case you or any other wants to check it: Rise (And Try Not to Fall). It's teen aimed, and gen.

That reminds me, @Sergard, there seems to be a new small trend in the Batfam fanfics in AO3 about making crossovers with the Star Wars verse. I found one of them like a month ago, it's old, but it seems to have been ressurected recently, but I think it was promising. It was Jason-centric, and it's settled before the prequels, I think. Reminded me of Knights of the Old Republic a bit, too. I liked what I read. In case you or any other wants to check it: Rise (And Try Not to Fall). It's teen aimed, and gen.
    Haven't really seen that myself. Its been more the BatFam and Miraculous Lady Bug and Cat Noir, from what I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Haven't really seen that myself. Its been more the BatFam and Miraculous Lady Bug and Cat Noir, from what I've seen.
    Yeah, those are a BIG trend. I can't see the appeal; Ladybug is too much like a kid show to me, to be honest (but I have to know about it because the kids love it and love to chat about it. I wish they liked The Dragon Prince better, geeez: I do watch that show!). But I've seen a few new crossover fics with SW since Christmas and I think it may be some smaller trend; and those are more right up my alley. Would love some Persona 5 / Batfam fics too, but I guess that game's time has already passed and none will come from there :/.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 02-15-2020 at 08:15 PM.

Yeah, those are a BIG trend. I can't see the appeal; Ladybug is too much like a kid show to me, to be honest (but I have to know about it because the kids love it and love to chat about it. I wish they liked The Dragon Prince better, geeez: I do watch that show!). But I've seen a few new crossover fics with SW since Christmas and I think it may be some smaller trend; and those are more right up my alley. Would love some Persona 5 / Batfam fics too, but I guess that game's time has already passed and none will come from there :/.
    Ladybug isn't bad, I give it that. But the way all those stories go, are basically the opposite in tone of the series.

A different crossover though, that actually kind of works, is Hunters of Justice. A crossover between RWBY (the series in general) and the DC universe (Titans, Justice League, Amazons, even the Bat Family). Its posted both on fanfiction and AO3. What's more, it actually does a good job with the characterizations and interactions. And every few chapters, there's an intermission chapter called "RWBY Chibi" which is simply played up for laughs as the two series learn more about each other.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1305839...ers-of-Justice

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Ladybug isn't bad, I give it that. But the way all those stories go, are basically the opposite in tone of the series.

A different crossover though, that actually kind of works, is Hunters of Justice. A crossover between RWBY (the series in general) and the DC universe (Titans, Justice League, Amazons, even the Bat Family). Its posted both on fanfiction and AO3. What's more, it actually does a good job with the characterizations and interactions. And every few chapters, there's an intermission chapter called "RWBY Chibi" which is simply played up for laughs as the two series learn more about each other.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1305839...ers-of-Justice
    Oh, I saw it long ago, and it looks like a nice read. But I know nothing about RWBY, and that's the main reason why I haven't launched a reading attack over it yet.

Oh, I saw it long ago, and it looks like a nice read. But I know nothing about RWBY, and that's the main reason why I haven't launched a reading attack over it yet.
    Well, for where the story picks, you would only have to get as far as season 3 (if that). And a good number of those early episodes are less then 20 minutes a piece.

I'm sensing a theme here.

Batman: Pennyworth R.I.P.

Batman & the Outsiders #1/Red Hood and the Outlaws #20

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Sale numbers are out

127. RED HOOD OUTLAW #41 (DC) - 15,835 [131]
    129. RED HOOD OUTLAW #42 (DC) - 15,419 [135]

https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...0/2020-01.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Sale numbers are out

127. RED HOOD OUTLAW #41 (DC) - 15,835 [131]
    129. RED HOOD OUTLAW #42 (DC) - 15,419 [135]

https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...0/2020-01.html
    Auch. Why did it so low? It dropped like lead.