Page 10 of 200 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast
    Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    [...]

And here's a new fanart by JJMK.

There's a fanfic to this fanart called "Second Death" on Archive of Our Own, in case someone is interested in reading it. Little warning: Some wording could sound like hinted slash and character personalities and reactions are "fan-inspired" (like the fanart itself).
    The story is basically that Jason was accidentally killed by Bruce in RHatO #25 and is 10 years later revived in a pit.

There's a fanfic to this fanart called "Second Death" on Archive of Our Own, in case someone is interested in reading it. Little warning: Some wording could sound like hinted slash and character personalities and reactions are "fan-inspired" (like the fanart itself).
    The story is basically that Jason was accidentally killed by Bruce in RHatO #25 and is 10 years later revived in a pit.
    Oh, I read it. It was quite good, honestly. If anyone is going to check it, its weakest point would be that Damian is very fanfictiony (in my opinion). It's true that it appearently hints to slash, but I think it was measured.

(Geez, I barely can put together coherent thoughts into words. I hate being sick, this cold has hit hard)

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Oh, I read it. It was quite good, honestly. If anyone is going to check it, its weakest point would be that Damian is very fanfictiony (in my opinion). It's true that it appearently hints to slash, but I think it was measured.

(Geez, I barely can put together coherent thoughts into words. I hate being sick, this cold has hit hard)
    Did you maybe read "Life's a Game" too? It uses RHatO #25, TT Annual, a Dick who's no longer a Ric, the new Drake identity and stuff from Leviathan.

(HA! I'm sick too. At least I'm taking someone down with me.)

Did you maybe read "Life's a Game" too? It uses RHatO #25, TT Annual, a Dick who's no longer a Ric, the new Drake identity and stuff from Leviathan.

(HA! I'm sick too. At least I'm taking someone down with me.)
    Yep. I even recommended it back in page 6 :3. Fun as hell. And it was... very therapeutic.
    (I'm falling with my familly here. The four of us, all of us, yesssss )

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Yep. I even recommended it back in page 6 :3. Fun as hell. And it was... very therapeutic.
    (I'm falling with my familly here. The four of us, all of us, yesssss )
    Therapeutic indeed. Sometimes it helps when people just shout their feelings at each other. Even if these feelings are ugly. (I'm still waiting for a Jason chapter.)
    And sorry, I didn't notice your recommendation. The upcoming Babs and Jason thing in Three Jokers was very distracting.

(Do I hear Ed Sheeran singing in the distance? ...Oh, should my people fall then surely I'll do the same ...)

Therapeutic indeed. Sometimes it helps when people just shout their feelings at each other. Even if these feelings are ugly. (I'm still waiting for a Jason chapter.)
    And sorry, I didn't notice your recommendation. The upcoming Babs and Jason thing in Three Jokers was very distracting.

(Do I hear Ed Sheeran singing in the distance? ...Oh, should my people fall then surely I'll do the same ...)
    Beautiful song.
    (Off topic: dragons are cool. I might not like the movies, but Bilbo was awesome in the book and Martin Freeman was a perfect cast)

Here's a little review of RH:O #41 by Exploring the Time Lab.

An interesting point is the interpretation of Jason saying "your job was to keep us together" to Artemis.

[..]Jason turns it around on her asking if it wasn't her job to keep the team together. I don't think it was.

The closest to her promising to hold things together (at least that I recall) was their talk while Luthor worked on Bizarro. They were basically just saying that they only really had each other. I can only read his "your job was to keep us together" bit as him being mad that she didn't let him come with them. I didn't expect to see bitterness at being left behind but it's not really touched up on any further.[...]

An interesting point is the interpretation of Jason saying "your job was to keep us together" to Artemis.
    Well, it wouldn't be the first time he's petty about being left bebind, right? Or the second time.

It's a possibility, I guess.

Edit: also, I don't think Jason was comparing himself with the kids about egoes. He would think himself as someone who went over his head, but that's not exactly an ego issue. It's also a trait many teens share. This thing about egoes has more to do with them thinking of themselves as the next evil masterminds who would rule the world. Something Luthor fed them with.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 01-09-2020 at 01:20 PM.

Considering what happened to him after Artemis and Biz were sucked through that doorway, he probably felt pretty alone. Especially when Roy died. Yeah, he reformed the Su Sisters, but they weren't exactly family. Artemis (be it as a love interest or not) and Biz, ARE Jason's family.

Following some discussion that arose in the Controversial opinions thread, about Jason in a solo book vs Jason in a team book, I was in the team side (even if it's only two characters teaming up) and @Rise was in the solo side. I asked this:

I don't know, @Rise. I'm thinking about the kind of characters that work well for me in a solo book, and they are not much like Jason (the closer would be Moon Knight). Maybe with the right writer, but, I don't know. What would you had in mind for him in a solo run? Sell me the idea (I'm very open to change my mind)
    And even if it was addressed to @Rise, I was wondering, do you guys have any ideas for a solo book?

For me, until now, nothing has really worked. Lost Days wasn't really a story about Jason's on his own as much as how Jason grew to be the Red Hood in UtH. And this current RH:O half-run wasn't really that well worked either. If it had been about Jason solving cases in a more detectivesque work, like Batman is supposed to be, it would have been great. I still think that Jason works better when he shares his "journey" with someone else; but that kind of solo, I would've read with joy. He's a lot like Moon Knight, and I'm a fan of moony. But he also is different, different enough that I don't think he could end in one (emotional) piece that journey if he were by his own; and I think that, ultimately, by the nature of his character, he would turn into something I wouldn't like to read.

But as I said, I'm open minded. If you guys have any ideas, don't be shy and share! I might buy .
    And we could have a good time in the meanwhile.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 01-09-2020 at 04:22 PM. Reason: grammar

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Honestly, I enjoyed Jason's solo act during Outlaw a lot more than the latter half of the Dark Trinity. I've never find Bizarro or Artemis to be that compelling characters on their own, only really working as foils to Jason (unlike Kori and Roy that were interesting without Jason). The problem is that the Outlaw was very obviously derailed, with plot points being dropped left and right, retcons or being quickly and unsatisfyingly solved. That said, I'm probably biased since I found RH/A to be the best period of N52's Jason, and that one was very close in tone and approach to The Outlaw.

Solo book means that Jason is the only main character throughout the run but team-ups with other characters (guest appearances) for a mission are still allowed, right?

Solo book means that Jason is the only main character throughout the run but team-ups with other characters (guest appearances) for a mission are still allowed, right?
    If they're guest appearances for an issue, I guess they're allowed.