Page 100 of 200 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110150 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 2987

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Wait...does he have a Robin costume inside his coat?
    I think it's just supposed to be evocative of the Robin shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Wait...does he have a Robin costume inside his coat?
    It seems like it. In one of the preview pages you can see that his belt has an ‘R’ on it. It’s the panel where he’s getting tackled.

Also, he’s wearing the Robin mask.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it's just supposed to be evocative of the Robin shirt.
    It's a tunic-like red vest, I think.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Did y'all see the new MAFEX Hush figure - straight fire

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Produ...Details/127795

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Did y'all see the new MAFEX Hush figure - straight fire

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Produ...Details/127795
    I really wish they would add the white streak to Jason’s hair in the every story. It looks cool and it’s a great way to tell him apart from Grayson and Tim.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Yes, he is wearing an adult-sized Robin costume just in red. And that is why I hate that costume. Remember how Earth-2 Grayson is considered lesser than E1/E0 Dick because he could never outgrow the Robin identity and become his own man? Same concept.

Visually I don't automatically link it to the Robin look but think it's a nice enough shout-out without being too in your face about it and being a cool look.

But that's just me.

Spectacular Member

the R literally is his symbol for red hood said it on twitter 2 years ago when some one asked him about it he thought it would be fun for him to have his own symbol

The costume is nearly identical to Tim's costume back in the 90's

And that R logo is identical to the one in the classic Robin costume, how can that stand Red Hood when it doesn't have any difference? At least they added another RR to Tim's costume when he was supposed to go by Red Robin at the start of Tynion's Detective run.

Jason already has his own symbol as Red Hood now, anyways

Last edited by Dark_Tzitzimine; 07-24-2020 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Yes, he is wearing an adult-sized Robin costume just in red. And that is why I hate that costume. Remember how Earth-2 Grayson is considered lesser than E1/E0 Dick because he could never outgrow the Robin identity and become his own man? Same concept.

It isn't in itself a bad costume.

But if the choice is between it and the current one, I'll always favor the current one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    The costume is nearly identical to Tim's costume back in the 90's

And that R logo is identical to the one in the classic Robin costume, how can that stand Red Hood when it doesn't have any difference? At least they added another RR to Tim's costume when he was supposed to go by Red Robin at the start of Tynion's Detective run.

Jason already has his own symbol as Red Hood now, anyways

I actually dislike the red Bat symbol. Nightwing has his own symbol but Jason just gets a red version of Bruce’s symbol? If he had “Bat” in his name it would work but he doesn’t. I like the one he currently has. The one that looks like a red mask. It still has a similarity to Batman’s symbol, has a call back to his time as Robin, but goes along with the name Red Hood.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I really wish they would add the white streak to Jason’s hair in the every story. It looks cool and it’s a great way to tell him apart from Grayson and Tim.
    I totally agree, and you can explain it by saying it came from the Lazarus Pit.

But, I wonder if the execs think it will make him look aged up

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I actually dislike the red Bat symbol. Nightwing has his own symbol but Jason just gets a red version of Bruce’s symbol? If he had “Bat” in his name it would work but he doesn’t. I like the one he currently has. The one that looks like a red mask. It still has a similarity to Batman’s symbol, has a call back to his time as Robin, but goes along with the name Red Hood.
    The current one is just dumb and it makes no sense, it looks like an angry face. And Jason having a red bat it makes sense, he's the one who got most influenced and attached to Bruce.

Kind of a moot point to discuss anyway, since every single piece of merch and apparition outside comics has Jason sporting the red bat.

And personally, I hate the white streak. I see it as a lazy shorthand to try and make a character look cool, and it narratively doesn't make sense either, we've seen many, many, many people use the Lazarus pits over the years and no one has ever come out from them with white streaks of hair, why Jason would be any different? And let's not forget that the white streak was never a thing on the original Under the Red Hood, the origin in the Batman Annual 25, Lost Days or Winnick's original concept for Jason.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

They should just go with a red colored H for his logo. Red H. Red Hood. Simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    They should just go with a red colored H for his logo. Red H. Red Hood. Simple.
    That's Hush logo.