Page 103 of 200 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 2987

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Ok, So... It's a prequel to the UtRH movie, right? Straight prequel to the animated adaptation, not an adaptation of the original ADitF comic. Which, in my book, it's pretty exciting, like CHOO CHOO ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN et cetera.

But it's also an alternate original story to the UtRH and Hush? Or... Whaaaat? Because, is that Jason using the Red Robin costume during the same scene he used the Red Hood costume in the original movie? Or is Tim? Is Tim timetraveling again, guys? Or Is Jason from an alternate timeline/universe? Whaaaaat?

I'm utterly confused right now.

Edit: the first one to wear that costume was Dick in an elseword. Then Jason in Countdown. Then Tim in Red Robin. Edit2: oh, right, that guy took it in between Tim and Jason.
    There is no Tim Drake, the movie is all about Jason.

Ok, So... It's a prequel to the UtRH movie, right? Straight prequel to the animated adaptation, not an adaptation of the original ADitF comic. Which, in my book, it's pretty exiting, like CHOO CHOO ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN et cetera.

But it's also an alternate original story to the UtRH and Hush? Or... Whaaaat? Because, is that Jason using the Red Robin costume during the same scene he used the Red Hood costume in the original movie? Or is Tim? Is Tim timetraveling again, guys? Or Is Jason from an alternate timeline/universe? Whaaaaat?

I'm utterly confused right now.

Edit: the first one to wear that costume was Dick in an elseword. Then Jason in Countdown. Then Tim in Red Robin.
    It's Jason. Looks like they're playing up the "you decide if Robin lives or dies!" aspect of the comic, you literally get to choose. And your choice impacts how the Under the Red Hood story plays out. Robin is saved by Batman, becomes Red Robin but still makes war with Black Mask. Batman doesn't make it in time but Jason survives the explosion, he becomes Hush. Something like that anyways, I'm guessing here. So basically you get to make your own Elseworld with this film.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    There is no Tim Drake, the movie is all about Jason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    It's Jason. Looks like they're playing up the "you decide if Robin lives or dies!" aspect of the comic, you literally get to choose. And your choice impacts how the Under the Red Hood story plays out. Robin is saved by Batman, becomes Red Robin but still makes war with Black Mask. Batman doesn't make it in time but Jason survives the explosion, he becomes Hush. Something like that anyways, I'm guessing here. So basically you get to make your own Elseworld with this film.
    Saw it later, after 2 more edits ^_^U. Damn, this pretty much means I'm not going to watch it anytime soon. If it were some traditional narrative, I could count with them releasing it here. But interactive stuff, I don't know.

Saw it later, after 2 more edits ^_^U. Damn, this pretty much means I'm not going to watch it anytime soon. If it were traditional narrative, I could count with them releasing it here. But interactive stuff, I don't know.
    It's an interactive movie - everything is on the disk, you just make your choice via remote. It's no different than some of those interactive game type bonus features on some old DVDs. I assume it works the same with digital streaming, but I have no clue (I don't really do streaming). Point is it should be as easily distributable as any other release they do.

It's an interactive movie - everything is on the disk, you just make your choice via remote. It's no different than some of those interactive game type bonus features on some old DVDs. I assume it works the same with digital streaming, but I have no clue (I don't really do streaming). Point is it should be as easily distributable as any other release they do.
    Streaming works just like the blu ray. The choices are all align like a real movie, but when you press the button to select which one do you want, they jump you to the time code that choice is recorded.

I don't think it's that complicated to get...

The movie is a prequel to UTRH and when you get the scene where the joker is trying to kill Jason, you (as viewer) are given 3 choices which will give you two alternative new stories plus UTRH.

Death: Jason become Red Hood
    Rescued by Batman: Jason become Red Robin
    Cheat death: Jason become Hush(?)
    Last edited by Rise; 07-28-2020 at 10:46 AM.
    “Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving.”
    – Dale Carnegie

My fears come from the type of medium. There's not much of a market for animated comic book movies here as far as I know; there's even less for interactive "Choose your own adventure" stuff like this one. I know about that Black Mirror movie, which was an actual hit and caught people's interest. But it was also released in Netflix, and it's a life-action drama. Its target is wider. Maybe Netflix buys this for its service here, but... I don't know. I don't have high hopes. And importing from the USA is quite expensive. I usually get my books from UK, could look how much it costs. I hope Netflix get it (but then, I have yet to see YJ S3 released there, so...).

My fears come from the type of medium. There's not much of a market for animated comic book movies here as far as I know; there's even less for interactive "Choose your own adventure" stuff like this one. I know about that Black Mirror movie, which was an actual hit and caught people's interest. But it was also released in Netflix, and it's a life-action drama. Its target is wider. Maybe Netflix buys this for its service here, but... I don't know. I don't have high hopes. And importing from the USA is quite expensive. I usually get my books from UK, could look how much it costs. I hope Netflix get it (but then, I have yet to see YJ S3 released there, so...).
    I can't tell you. I would assume it's as likely to show up in your country as any other DC animated movie, but I'm obviously not in a position to know that. Hope you get it over there.

I can't tell you. I would assume it's as likely to show up in your country as any other DC animated movie, but I'm obviously not in a position to know that. Hope you get it over there.
    Thank you . Your support in this dramatic time (man, I'm going to die waiting to be able to watch it... Like, seriously, I'm dying of hype right now. Not even the funko got me this hyped) is dearly appreciated and welcome.

Thank you . Your support in this dramatic time (man, I'm going to die waiting to be able to watch it... Like, seriously, I'm dying of hype right now. Not even the funko got me this hyped) is dearly appreciated and welcome.
    I totally get dying of hype for this. I mean the closest I've felt to this for a movie in recent years was the Batman/TMNT crossover, and even that didn't quite reach this level of hype for me. Under the Red Hood is one if my favorite movies, so getting both the prequel to it and different versions of it all in one go? Freaking Christmas!

I totally get dying of hype for this. I mean the closest I've felt to this for a movie in recent years was the Batman/TMNT crossover, and even that didn't quite reach this level of hype for me. Under the Red Hood is one if my favorite movies, so getting both the prequel to it and different versions of it all in one go? Freaking Christmas!
    Freaking Cristmas indeed!

Only downside; no Jensen Ackles voicing Jason. Otherwise, hell yeah!

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Only downside; no Jensen Ackles voicing Jason. Otherwise, hell yeah!
    I'm surprised that they didn't ask Jensen Ackles. I don't believe he would have declined the offer.

I hope this movie will be awesome - not just because we are celebrating the 10-year-anniversary of Batman - Unter the Red Hood but also because I like the interactive concept. Maybe we'll get more interactive movies afterwards. The description on YouTube mentions "multiple choices" and "several endings". So it seems like "Robin cheats death/Robin dies/Batman saves Robin" will only be the first step. (I wonder what happens if you don't choose anything.)

And can we just take a moment and appreciate how awesome the line "I alone will become more than the dreams and nightmares they imagined for me." is?

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    I'm surprised that they didn't ask Jensen Ackles. I don't believe he would have declined the offer.

I hope this movie will be awesome - not just because we are celebrating the 10-year-anniversary of Batman - Unter the Red Hood but also because I like the interactive concept. Maybe we'll get more interactive movies afterwards. The description on YouTube mentions "multiple choices" and "several endings". So it seems like "Robin cheats death/Robin dies/Batman saves Robin" will only be the first step. (I wonder what happens if you don't choose anything.)

And can we just take a moment and appreciate how awesome the line "I alone will become more than the dreams and nightmares they imagined for me." is?
    I guess that, either they wanted someone sounding like a young adult (Jensen may sound too mature now for a character around their 18-20, I guess), or he wasn't available. I kind of see the second one being the case here.

It's a pretty badass line. I wonder who's writing the new script for those routes.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Harley Quinn Black + White + Red (2020-) #6
    Digital release date: 31 July 2020

“Black, White Knight, and Red”
    From the pages of Sean Murphy’s BATMAN: WHITE KNIGHT, a sneak peek at the upcoming spinoff series BATMAN: WHITE KNIGHT PRESENTS HARLEY QUINN! Harley looks back on the night of her first arrest by Batman. In the heat of one of her earliest escapades with the Joker, Harley’s high spirits are tanked and she gets a cold glimpse of the chaos to come when violence escalates and their heist is crashed by Batman and Robin. Forced to save face or take the high road, Harley makes a choice that will cement her unspoken bond with Batman for years to come.
    Robin refers to Jason, right?

Batman: The Adventures Continue (2020-) Chapter #9 will be digitally released tomorrow.

If someone wants a little reminder/review of the last chapter, then I can - like always - recommend Watchtower Database:

]