Page 109 of 200 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 2987
    Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Meet the Three Jokers: The Criminal, The Clownish, The Comedian - Three Jokers-Interview with Jason Fabok

It's admirable how strongly Jason Fabok promotes the book. Of course, he's the artist and he spent two years of his life on the artwork - but it's still admirable.

Nrama: The Joker has not only caused a lot of trauma for Batman, but Barbara Gordon and Jason Todd as well. How did you want to dig into these wounds with your art?

Fabok: The fun thing about this book was that I was able to draw a group of characters that I've never drawn before. I've drawn a lot of Batman stuff, but I never touched on the Joker much except for maybe a cover. I've never drawn Red Hood or Batgirl other than a few tiny panels here and there over the last few years. So, I really had a chance to get into these characters' heads.

Geoff and I discussed a lot about who these characters were and what our vision for them was in our story, and that really helped me to get into them and really just understand them. One of your jobs as an artist, essentially, you're the film director; like you're directing the shot, and you're directing the action and the emotion on the page, but you're also an actor in a way too.

So, a lot of the times you have to really read through the dialogue and you almost act it out yourself. When I was in school for animation that's what our teachers always told us: 'Try to act out the scene that you're trying to animate so that you can better understand how a person would move, talk, think, or the subtle little movements that they would do.'

I do that a lot just with myself, I'll talk myself through the scene. So, I was really able to get into these characters and try to unlock some of the emotion behind what they're saying and what they're trying to portray. We feel that we've created some really compelling artwork and stories with these characters.

I've come to really love Jason Todd and Barbara Gordon. I always liked Batgirl going all the way back to the animated series and even the old Batman '66 show. I've always been a fan of Batgirl, but Jason Todd I didn't really know much about. And I didn't really see the appeal for the character, admittedly, prior to this, but as I've worked through this book, I've really gotten into these characters, into their lives, into their story, and into the emotion that they're going through. I've really come to love them.

Jason Todd, especially to me becomes a real standout. I really feel like Geoff's written something that's going to really resonate with fans. We take them through a very unique journey. And I'm excited to see fans' reactions to all of it really.

XM Studios Red Hood 1/6 Premium Collectibles Statue is up for pre-order.
    (follow link for more pictures and information)

Product No.: GIFT_20602
    Shippingtime: Pre-Order Pre-Order
    3% Discount : 542,00 EUR - Purchase Option Full Payment
    Metal Plaque: Until 09.08.2020 11:59 p.m. (GermanTimeZone)
    Limited : MTO Edition Size (Max. 599)
    Deposit : 130,00 EUR
    Retail Price : 559,00 EUR
    Shipping: Class A
    Weight: 10 kg per piece

XM Studios is excited to present our next 1:6 DC Premium Collectibles DC Rebirth series statue, Red Hood! Former Robin Jason Todd parted ways with the Batman over their vastly different approaches to crimefighting, eventually founding his own team, the Outlaws. Immortalized in amazingly detailed 1:6 scale cold-cast porcelain, each painstakingly handcrafted statue is individually hand-painted with the famous XM quality finish.

Note:
    Pre-Order before 10.08.2020, 00:00 a.m. to receive a collectible Metal Plaque of the featured character as your early bird pre-order gift!

Size matters, but Quality even more so! The new XM DC 1:6 line is specially designed for collectors who desire more space-friendly collectibles, without compromising on the incredible details and quality of larger collectible pieces. At 1:6 scale, XM's creative direction is to showcase more abilities, powers and essence of the characters in a bold, dynamic and story telling style. The new XM 1:6 DC line will amaze you with the details you don't expect at this scale. Smaller scale, smaller boxes, more affordable shipping and pricing means you can fit more of these incredibly detailed collectibles into your collection!

Background:
    Death can be a strange thing for DC Super Heroes, especially when it doesn’t quite stick. Just ask Jason Todd. As Batman’s second Robin, Jason died at the hands of the Joker when he was just a child. But he returned to life with the help of a Lazarus Pit and the literal warping of time and reality. Read more here.

The Red Hood Premium Collectibles statue features:

Red Hood engaged in a fiery gunfight in the back alley of Gotham
    Two (2) Headsculpts - 1 masked, 1 half masked
    Crafted in cold cast porcelain.
    Each painstakingly handcrafted statue is individually hand-painted with the highest possible quality finish.
    ES: Pending

Artists:

Rafa Sandoval (Concept)
    Paul Tan (Sculpt)
    XM Studios Design and Development Team

Manufactured by:

XM Studios

Product size:

Product Size : 22 cm L X 25 cm B X 34.5 cm H (estimate)
    Est. Box Size : 48 cm L X 46 cm B X 29.5 cm H (estimate)
    Est. Product Weight : 2.1 kg (estimate)
    Est. Shipping Weight : 10 kg (estimate)

Note: Prototype shown and pending final approval, final product may differ.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Eh, I read it. As usual, I don't like how Taylor approaches drama, and felt rather indifferent about that scene; but I'm glad that I was wrong and we had that reunion scene. I hope I'm wrong about more things like that more often .
    Could you elaborate on that, please? i'm curious about your opinion.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

In generally how should his relationship be with each of the Batkids be? I mean I don't mind if it's a love hate relationship. I do think they are still bros despite everything

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Could you elaborate on that, please? i'm curious about your opinion.
    Oophh, let's see if I can put it in words. It's just an opinion, not a fact; that, I want to make it clear first.
    I find Taylor's sense of drama... gimmicky, I guess? It's mostly based in the shock it causes, no matter if it has had a proper build up to get to that point. It also tends to appeal to the reader's previous affection to the characters involved: not the affection build in the story it's telling there, but the story outside, in other comics. It also feels like it's asking me "please, cry and feel sad now," somehow forcing me to feel bad, which usually doesn't sit me right when I'm reading or watching a story. And it is toooo fast for me, I guess.

I also doesn't like melodrama a lot. I mean, I've liked some soap dramas, but it's not the kind of story I usually like. Unbelieabable, for someone who read X-Men and TItans and stuff, I know .

As I said, it's a me thing. People usually like his drama, but I usualy don't like it. I like how fun and over the top he can be at timss though.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 08-05-2020 at 11:06 PM.

The cover of Batman: The Adventures Continue (2020-) chapter 10 has been revealed.

Also, Leslie Thompkins will have an appearance in the comic.

Ty Templeton

"One of my favourite characters, created by the great Denny O'Neil....Batman's put-upon surrogate mom. Whenever costumed teenagers are brutalized, she appears. I love my job. "

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

"In this version of the classic tale, writer Phillip Kennedy Johnson and artist Dexter Soy pose the question: What if Tommy had ruined Bruce Wayne's life when they were children?" reads DC's official description of Tales From the Dark Multiverse: Hush.

"Tommy Elliot grew up to be the Dark Prince of Gotham City with help of Talia al Ghul, Oswald Cobblepot, Harvey Dent, and Jason Todd! But vengeance is coming in the form of Batman the Silenced...who will tear Tommy's life apart!"

Tales From the Dark Multiverse – Batman: Hush #1 is due out November 3.
    Oh boy, that is not how I expected to see Dexter going back to Jason.

https://www.gamesradar.com/hush-and-...rse-treatment/

Wait...is anyone else getting Stephanie Brown flashbacks here in Adventures Continue? We have a character who at one point dressed up as Robin and is thought by Batman to be dead (Jason, obviously) and now Leslie Thompkins is talking to Batman. I'm feeling a fake his death to retire instead of lazarus pits resurrection here.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Wait...is anyone else getting Stephanie Brown flashbacks here in Adventures Continue? We have a character who at one point dressed up as Robin and is thought by Batman to be dead (Jason, obviously) and now Leslie Thompkins is talking to Batman. I'm feeling a fake his death to retire instead of lazarus pits resurrection here.
    We don't really know much about Leslie's role in the story yet, do we? And it's not like Jason and Leslie didn't have a precedent link between both before that. It's not a big role in his story, as much as she had in Steph's; but Leslie appears in some old story of Jason (pre-COIE, iirc, or maybe in between pre and post COIE); and she appears then again as being in Jason's "neighbourhood" in the New 52 origin story. And then there's the thing about her operating in that part of the city, that would make them meeting each other likeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    As I said in the Damian thread; it was 2 steps forward, 2 steps back. Jason and Cass reuniting with Damian was nice. But what happened to Shadowpact... Don't like it. Such is my love/hate relationship with Tom Taylor's works.
    Maybe the textless preview of DCeased: Dead Planet #3 makes you feel a little better?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Oh boy, that is not how I expected to see Dexter going back to Jason.

https://www.gamesradar.com/hush-and-...rse-treatment/
    I'm actually curious about that story. And it's Dexter Soy drawing Jason. That's already pretty irresistible.
    Although, to be honest, I had already completely forgotten about the "Tales From the Dark Multiverse" line. But it's not that surprising either. DC is giving us currently a lot of big stuff: more DCeased, more Metal, more Injustice, Batman: The Adventures Continue, generally a lot of Batman, Harley Quinn and Joker, etc. - all the stuff that's guaranteed to sell decently. We are still in the middle of the corona crisis, so I guess DC wants to play it safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    Maybe the textless preview of DCeased: Dead Planet #3 makes you feel a little better?
    A little, but still gonna pass on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    A little, but still gonna pass on it.
    No way John's going to disappear from the book, mate. He can survive a nuclear wasteland if he has to as if nothing. Or at least old John was like that. I think he carried that trait into the New 52.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    I’m glad to see that some of the team made it, but I’m honestly surprised that dc would show this off. Kind of takes the wind out of the sails if you ask me. Still interested to see what happens next though.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    No way John's going to disappear from the book, mate. He can survive a nuclear wasteland if he has to as if nothing. Or at least old John was like that. I think he carried that trait into the New 52.
    In all honesty, I checked out of most of Injustice and Injustice 2 for similar reasons. I only popped into Injustice 2 for the Lobo part where he became a Green Lantern.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

What kind of relationship Jason had with Superman? We know that Dick is really close with Superman, Superman interacted with Tim through Kon, and interacted with Damian through Jon. But Bizarro is not close with Superman, even he only has his doll. So did they ever interacted with each other, and what kind of relationship they have? I am a new DC fans, and I don't recall any interaction between Superman and Jason on Rebirth. Perhaps on New52 or Silver Age era? The reason I asked this because of this page :

I don't like how this page implied Superman doesn't know that Bruce also raised Jason as his adopted son, although Jason is Batman's first adopted son. And even though I prefer Jason stay away from Batman family mess, Jason is also one of Batman's legacy. So, are they really not close so Superman made that mistake? or is it one of Taylor's weird writing? We know that he doesn't care much about Robins except Damian (and sometimes it's not a good thing for Damian fans, he's still the one who created the infamous Dick-killer Injustice Damian).
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 08-06-2020 at 10:47 PM.