Page 11 of 200 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Eh, team book. Jason works best when he has a constant to bounce off of. Like with Artemis and Biz, each in their own way.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

If Jason goes solo, I fully expect him to go down the solo Batman route, as in, he will have so much angst and depression he will endanger himself.

At the very least, he needs an Alfred.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Jason going solo doesn't have to mean that his family completely disappears. Jason could go on a mission alone while everyone else stays at home - but Jason could still call regularly to ask if everything and everyone is fine. And there could at least be some tiny side stories about the rest of the Outlaw family from time to time. The main part of every issue is Jason's story but sometimes the last five pages or so give an update on Artemis, Bizarro and the kids.
    Last edited by Sergard; 01-10-2020 at 09:51 AM.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Jason being solo only means he doesn't have a team, not that he doesn't have a supporting cast.
    Last edited by Dark_Tzitzimine; 01-10-2020 at 11:35 AM.

I'd feel better about Jason going/getting a Solo if I knew Artemis and Biz would appear in other books that would help develop them.

But if this was to go that route, I'd like Jason to be on the Supernatural side of things, maybr even a Vertigo book like GA: Longbow Hunters.

PS: How crazy is it that we are just 1 year away from a ten year anniversary for Red Hood being an actual book!?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    Love these. The last one is freaking awesome, great work with those markers. The first one, I will always like any pre-Crisis fanart and this one is pretty good. Middle one is pretty good too.

Mmmm... I think that few writers know how to deal with a supporting cast nowadays. If he goes solo, I'm sure that we would find regular cast in those pages very rarely, if at all.

An occult detective/adventurer of the supernatural with street-level enemies here and there for Jason would be my dreamt book. But I seriously doubt DC would give it the green. I mean, it's not like they don't have characters like that already, and they're not using them. Even Constantine is struggling with it. And he's an A lister; but they're struggling to find a good writer for him, and one that knows what's the appeal of the character. I don't think they would try that kind of story for a character like Red Hood.

Jason without the constant support of others characters, I still think he's going to spiral down into self-destruction. Appearing here and there isn't going to be enough in my opinion. If they do appear every issue, then, Ok; I can read that without expecting the character to embrace full gloom and angst in the end.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 01-10-2020 at 12:52 PM.

@Zaresh: Thanks, now I want a story with Jason and John and we both know this will never happen.

dontots

@Zaresh: Thanks, now I want a story with Jason and John and we both know this will never happen.

dontots

I fell terribly sorry, not only because I made you sad, but also because now I want that story too :/.

dontots

I know of a fanfic series that has Jason, Constantine, Raven, and a few others as the central characters. Its kind of spotty in terms of characterization and what not though. And both Jason and Raven come off as Mary Sue/Gary Stu at times. Though it does include more minor characters like Mar'i Grayson, Jon Kent (a rarity in fanfics), etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I know of a fanfic series that has Jason, Constantine, Raven, and a few others as the central characters. Its kind of spotty in terms of characterization and what not though. And both Jason and Raven come off as Mary Sue/Gary Stu at times. Though it does include more minor characters like Mar'i Grayson, Jon Kent (a rarity in fanfics), etc.
    Can you remember the title? I'm curious.

Can you remember the title? I'm curious.
    I think it's the one that's loosely based in Bombshells. If it is, the name is Hear the Bells.

Edit: or maybe not. The one based in Teen Titans, ""Hopes for a Bastard" also had JayRachel as a ship, iirc. But I don't think it had John on it.

(Posting links with a tablet is hardmode. Huph... >_<)
    Last edited by Zaresh; 01-10-2020 at 05:59 PM.

I just thought.

What if the controversial thing between Jason and Barbara in the 3 Jokers story is... that Barbara kills Joker because Jason, to give him peace, more than for herself, given that she probably doesn't need it?

Now that, that there, I think could create a titanic maelstorm that could make the fanbase drown.