Page 112 of 200 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 2987

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I looked it up

Show creator Trendle grew up in Michigan and knew members of the local Potawatomi tribe, who told him Tonto meant "wild one" in their language. When he created the Lone Ranger, he gave the moniker to the Ranger's sidekick, apparently unaware of the name's negative connotations in Italian, Spanish and Portuguese.
    Oh, cool. I like "The Wild One". Sounds nice for a partner's name. It's a pity how much of a misleading meaning it has in other languages.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Stuff like this happens, I mean there was Mitsubishi "Pajero" ...
    Aasds... I think I heard about that one once. I also wonder how it is that they didn't change "Laputa" in that Miyazaki movie for something less awkward sounding. I think there was another car branded with that name that they changed into something else? I don't know if it was Mitsubishi too, or some other maker.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 08-09-2020 at 01:33 PM.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Father Todd by JJMK (There are also versions of Damian al Ghul, Savior Tim Drake and Talon Dick Grayson)

fishtre

You know, Father Todd almost sounds like he could be in a Hellsing kind of setting. Just knowing the regular Jason, and then the Father Todd version and all. I know Father Todd wasn't, but it would be an interesting Elseworlds.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Ooh. Father Todd vs The Monk and Dala. I don't think he's faced them before.
    Or, if you want a sexy team up, Father Todd and Andrew Bennett vs Cain The First Vampire

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Ooh. Father Todd vs The Monk and Dala. I don't think he's faced them before.
    Or, if you want a sexy team up, Father Todd and Andrew Bennett vs Cain The First Vampire
    What about throwing in Vertigo's Lucifer? Sexy dude, he is.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    I think there was another car branded with that name that they changed into something else? I don't know if it was Mitsubishi too, or some other maker.
    I think the changed the name of the "Pajero" in Spanish speaking countries, and continued to use it in the rest of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I think the changed the name of the "Pajero" in Spanish speaking countries, and continued to use it in the rest of the world.
    It's the Montero here, which definitely sounds better. Found the one for Laputa, it was a Mazda, that apparently wasn't sold here. But I do remember reading the news about that car.

I'm sorry about all this off topic stuff, but it's fun and interesting, so maybe I'm not so sorry .

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Paolo Pantalena (textless version)

Paolo Pantalena (mouthless version)

"Some fans don't like the "classic" new 52 mask of Jason, so here's a little edit to make everyone happy, because I listen my fans"

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

The N52 look with a featureless helmet is absolutely perfect.

Read the latest RHatO and it was Ok.

spoilers:
    Dont like the inclusion of Trigon tho. Prefer if Lobdell made OC villains to fill Jason's RGs.
    end of spoilers
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

The recent shakeups at DC are making me anxious about Jason's future.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    The recent shakeups at DC are making me anxious about Jason's future.
    Same. Went from wondering what will happen with Jason after #50, to if there will be any Jason after #50.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Same. Went from wondering what will happen with Jason after #50, to if there will be any Jason after #50.
    I think Jason is likely one of the safest characters, because the concept about the Robin who died and resurrected as antihero is pretty popular.

I wish that was not the main aspect that saves him, but it is what we have.

Now, Jason will likely loss his solo. So, I don't know where he will appear.

He is a bat character, he will be fine and won't disappear (that the benfit of being related to Batman to people who wanted Jason to be cut off from him).

Having his own book tho? It's a pretty slim chance, but not completely impossible.
    “Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving.”
    – Dale Carnegie

I'm not especially worried about Jason's future. I have a hunch, I think they'll put him in a digital ongoing. It's just this feel I have, but I strongly feel it like a likeable possibility despite having no base or proof for it. Just my intuition.