Page 115 of 200 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125165 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 2987

Red Hood 51. Willing to give the new direction a chance. Anyone know anything about the creative team?

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Honestly, I’m just glad Red Hood gets to continue. Hopefully the book will do well enough that DC will keep it going.

Even if they aren’t main characters of the book anymore, I do hope the Outlaws will pop in every now & then in some capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Honestly, I’m just glad Red Hood gets to continue. Hopefully the book will do well enough that DC will keep it going.

Even if they aren’t main characters of the book anymore, I do hope the Outlaws will pop in every now & then in some capacity.
    Same here.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    Red Hood 51. Willing to give the new direction a chance. Anyone know anything about the creative team?
    I believe this is Shawn Martinbrough's comics writing debut, only prior comics work of his I'm familiar with is the Detective issues he drew when Rucka was writing the book.

Tony Akins rotated in for Cliff Chiang when he needed a break on him and Azzarello's New 52 WW book and also worked on Jack of Fables.

Anyways looks like these guys are only for an arc:

"The Hill" is from Batman: The Hill:

Following an incident on the Hill, a predominantly black area of Gotham, James Gordon is heavily criticised by the press for his inability to maintain law and order there. Batman also finds it difficult to have any effect there, as the people (particularly Korlee, the prime mover and shaker in the Hill's criminal world) do not believe that he exists in any meaningful way. Working separately, they are able to bring Korlee down, but cannot help but feel as though they have failed the Hill.

An arc is at least 5 or 7 issues. Which makes me wonder, if he isn't following with the book, and the book is going to be ongoing further... Will Priest be writing anything in DC by then?

But honestly, I think that this new arc is just the first one of a series for the new team. Or a long arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    An arc is at least 5 or 7 issues. Which makes me wonder, if he isn't following with the book, and the book is going to be ongoing further... Will Priest be writing anything in DC by then?

But honestly, I think that this new arc is just the first one of a series for the new team. Or a long arc.
    Honestly, it wouldn't surprised me if this is the last arc of the serires.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Honestly, it wouldn't surprised me if this is the last arc of the serires.
    It doesn't make sense, changing the name of the book for a handful of issues. Or changing the mood and genre of the book. I don't think that it's going to be cancelled before at least 12 more issues after seeing this solicit.

Edit: what if, what if, what if that one-shot story in Gotham Nights was actually a tease of this new direction? It does share some themes/elements with this arc.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 08-14-2020 at 03:03 PM.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Someone on Reddit has commented the following on the DC cancels Teen Titans, Young Justice, Suicide Squad, Hawkman, and more thread:

Scott Snyder said last month on the Word Balloon podcast that we would be seeing a line wide relaunch in January so i'm assuming that's why a bunch of things will be ending in November, so unless a creator comes out and says it has anything to do with the layoffs i don't see any cause for alarm.
    So I guess that this will be a very short arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    Someone on Reddit has commented the following on the DC cancels Teen Titans, Young Justice, Suicide Squad, Hawkman, and more thread:

o I guess that this will be a very short arc.
    Mmmm... Still doesn't make sense to me that they are going to change the name for Red Hood alone just for a short story arc. Maybe we don't get an actual relaunch, but a soft-relaunch, stealth relaunch... earlier than the actual relaunch?

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Interesting he's just in for one arc, that might explain the lack of news about it.

I also doubt this will be the final arc, another possibility is that this was/is just mean to be padding for a line wide relaunch (the fabled 5G).

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    It doesn't make sense, changing the name of the book for a handful of issues. Or changing the mood and genre of the book. I don't think that it's going to be cancelled before at least 12 more issues after seeing this solicit.

Edit: what if, what if, what if that one-shot story in Gotham Nights was actually a tease of this new direction? It does share some themes/elements with this arc.
    Well who knows, maybe this last arc would last 12 issues

Edit:Oh so it doesn't, oh well.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Could be a bridge of sort that’ll set up the relaunch (if there is one/Jason is a part of it) after the end of Lobdell’s run.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Could be a bridge of sort that’ll set up the relaunch (if there is one/Jason is a part of it) after the end of Lobdell’s run.
    If a new Red Hood comic is part of the next relaunch then it won't be affected by the recent layoffs.

This is from an interview with Jim Lee:

Do the layoffs or reorganization mean that planned comics are still happening? Are the comics that would have been announced at FanDome still happening?

There is no pencils down notice. Everyone has been notified to keep working on all the projects that we’ve already greenlit and started. To that extent, there is no change.

source: Hollywoodreporter

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Thinking more, I beleive that if this relaunch is happening, Jason will still be leading a book. Because otherwise, why bother making a small arc to bridge things between Lobdell and whatever comes later? They could've simply cancel the book as they did with all the others.

We also still don't know what's going on with Vincenzo Viska Federici's "test pages".

Does this mean something?

Vincenzo Viska Federici

Doing test pages between issues! ESSENCE! @DCComics #dccomics #essence #redhood #outlaws #comics #drawing #inks

[...]

On a different topic: Another "test page" by Vincenzo Viska Federici:

ARTEMIS!
    Continuing test pages.
    #drawing #comics #inks @DCComics
    #redhood