Page 116 of 200 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126166 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 2987

Red Hood: when the mystery and the detective work is now done beyond the fourth wall.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

So it's like Nightwing #30 to Grayson #1, except that one's just one issue and this one's two if the relaunch is in January.

I think they don't really care about Red Hood changing the name because they've been doing that for a while now, from Red Hood and The Outlaws to Red Hood Outlaw and now just Red Hood, but officially, publication-wise this is still counted under Red Hood and The Outlaws Rebirth series

The only number and titling that's gonna change is the Trade
    There's the Rebirth Outlaws trades, Rebirth Outlaw trades, and if this arc is only two issues, it will either be included in the last Rebirth Outlaw trade or the future Red Hood solo trade volume 1.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Could also end up in some “Joker War: Aftermath” trade if it really is only 2-3 issues long too.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Glad the book is continuing, but just not thrilled with Tony Akins.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    So it's like Nightwing #30 to Grayson #1, except that one's just one issue and this one's two if the relaunch is in January.

I think they don't really care about Red Hood changing the name because they've been doing that for a while now, from Red Hood and The Outlaws to Red Hood Outlaw and now just Red Hood, but officially, publication-wise this is still counted under Red Hood and The Outlaws Rebirth series

There's the Rebirth Outlaws trades, Rebirth Outlaw trades, and if this arc is only two issues, it will either be included in the last Rebirth Outlaw trade or the future Red Hood solo trade volume 1.
    The fact that it's tittled Red Hood and only lasts a few issues is why I think this is already our early relaunch. I seriously, seriously doubt that they would change the name in the solicits for much less than a trade long arc. It just is a bad idea business wise, imho.

So Jason is back to being a solo hero? The reunion went by pretty quick then
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Shawn arc is just two issues long.

Shawn is currently writing a two part “Red Hood” story for DC Comics. The story revisits the Harlem inspired neighborhood of “The Hill”, co-created by writer Christopher Priest and Shawn, and introduces new characters to the Batman/Gotham Universe.
    https://shawnmartinbrough.com/bio/

Really surprised it took them this long to just go with the Red Hood title for his book. It should have been changed to that a long time ago I think.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Shawn arc is just two issues long.

https://shawnmartinbrough.com/bio/
    So will be everything that got CUT from that originally a 5 part series-The Hill cut down to a 1 shot be included?

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Red Hood: when the mystery and the detective work is now done beyond the fourth wall.
    It's mind-boggling that there's such a big lack of information regarding the next relaunch that is apparently supposed to happen at the beginning of next year. We have zero information about the titles that will be part of the relaunch and we don't know a single writer or artist. In the meanwhile, 5G was rumored way before it was ever a thing and in the end didn't even happen. It's suspiciously quiet. Why is nobody talking?

This title is getting shorter and shorter - just like the sleeves of Jason's jacket.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    So will be everything that got CUT from that originally a 5 part series-The Hill cut down to a 1 shot be included?
    Do we know what was cut? Just looking at the cover of #51, I could imagine that the new female character has some kind of connection to the Batman: The Hill story. But Killer Croc(?) and the masked character? Doubtful.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    It's mind-boggling that there's such a big lack of information regarding the next relaunch that is apparently supposed to happen at the beginning of next year. We have zero information about the titles that will be part of the relaunch and we don't know a single writer or artist. In the meanwhile, 5G was rumored way before it was ever a thing and in the end didn't even happen. It's suspiciously quiet. Why is nobody talking?

This title is getting shorter and shorter - just like the sleeves of Jason's jacket.

Do we know what was cut? Just looking at the cover of #51, I could imagine that the new female character has some kind of connection to the Batman: The Hill story. But Killer Croc(?) and the masked character? Doubtful.
    and I always support any decision that's giving Jason less and less clothing ;P

Killer Croc's black. I don't remember where he's from but I'm not surprised if they want to tie him with neglected black neighborhood since he's already an anti-villain protector of the neglected.

Extraordinary Member

Killer Croc's black. I don't remember where he's from but I'm not surprised if they want to tie him with neglected black neighborhood since he's already an anti-villain protector of the neglected.
    According from DC wikia he is from Tampa, Florida, but I don't think that he cares much about skin color, I mean a lot of the propel that mistreated him as a child (including his family) were probably black.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Is that...
    Oh
    Oh
    That's Jason. The costume is closer to Dick's BTAS costume, which is based on Tim's comic costume.
    I have to think first because I don't remember if Tim went straight to his black and red costume or not ^^
    I think it's Jason too because of the red batarangs. His BTAS action figure has one of those too (and the current story arc revolves around his Robin time).
    It's just that Robin's pose on the BTAC #6 cover (crouched body, one hand in the foreground touching the surface underneath, the other hand stretching back, cape blowing in the wind and a smirk on the face) reminds me of something similar that I've seen in the past (not necessarily connected to Jason). I've probably reached a point where I've already seen too much Batman (+ family) stuff that everything looks similar to something else.

I'm still not 100% certain but I suspect that my brain somehow connected the cover with the following three artworks (please don't ask me how my brain works. I don't know it either.).

From Red Hood and the Outlaws #0 (New52 run):

Batman Incorporated #4:

And maybe Batman's pose subconsciously reminded me of Nightwing's pose on the Batman #416 cover.

Last edited by Sergard; 08-15-2020 at 06:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    According from DC wikia he is from Tampa, Florida, but I don't think that he cares much about skin color, I mean a lot of the propel that mistreated him as a child (including his family) were probably black.
    Wouldn't be the first time they readjust a character backstory to fit a story concept

Incredible Member