Page 118 of 200 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128168 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 2987
    Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

ashlee

"happy birthday jason todd"

noctemq

mtam02

Louna Ashasou

yopi

whippy

"Happy birthday, Jay!"

I have heard the next writer wants the Batfam to be close. What do you guys think about that? Should Jason be closer to Bruce and the others? I don't mind but Dick and Jason aren't that close. So the two kinda of would have to hang out more.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I have heard the next writer wants the Batfam to be close. What do you guys think about that? Should Jason be closer to Bruce and the others? I don't mind but Dick and Jason aren't that close. So the two kinda of would have to hang out more.
    Honestly, I would need for Bruce to make some big apologies to Jason and the others before even considering of having the Bats be close. And outside of Bruce, I wouldn't say there's bad blood, aside from Damian, but there is a level of hostility between Jason and most of the others (barring Kate, Cass, Steph, and Duke).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Honestly, I would need for Bruce to make some big apologies to Jason and the others before even considering of having the Bats be close. And outside of Bruce, I wouldn't say there's bad blood, aside from Damian, but there is a level of hostility between Jason and most of the others (barring Kate, Cass, Steph, and Duke).
    I don't think apologies to Jason will be happening. Many writers don't even know (or care) what happens in Red Hood comic.

Also, most writers seem to just want to ignore or retcon what Lobdell has written.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I don't think apologies to Jason will be happening. Many writers don't even know (or care) what happens in Red Hood comic.

Also, most writers seem to just want to ignore or retcon what Lobdell has written.
    Martinbrough is continuing where Lobdell left off, so he cares, and he's the one who matters. Besides, DC's continuity is such a mess right now that is pointless trying to reconcile all the books in a coherent whole.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I have heard the next writer wants the Batfam to be close. What do you guys think about that? Should Jason be closer to Bruce and the others? I don't mind but Dick and Jason aren't that close. So the two kinds of would have to hang out more.
    I want it because I've had enough Batfam conflict for a lifetime. Like I don't even care if anyone apologizes or not, because I consider most of the conflict to have a ridiculous start anyway.
    Batman beating Red Hood that much and not listening to him is ridiculous
    Damian making a prison to torture criminals is ridiculous
    Bruce not inviting Jason and Julia to Alfred's funeral is ridiculous
    Bruce and Dick not telling others to go undercover is ridiculous
    Stephanie breaking the Bat-Signal because she thinks Batfam causing more damage than criminals is ridiculous
    Bruce being too busy with his own grief instead of making sure Damian understands that Alfred's death is not his fault is ridiculous.
    Dick lost his minds 3 times in a row and fighting the Batfam is ridiculous
    I can go back further

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Martinbrough is continuing where Lobdell left off, so he cares, and he's the one who matters. Besides, DC's continuity is such a mess right now that is pointless trying to reconcile all the books in a coherent whole.
    If I'm not mistaken, Martinbrough is just writing a two-issues arc. We also don't know how much he cares about Lobdell story (new writers could totally ignore what previous writers wrote).

Also, the point to discuss was about the Bat-family becoming close. That will likely happen in Batman book.
    Last edited by Konja7; 08-16-2020 at 10:45 PM.

Going by the solicit, I think we're safe that he will follow on Lobdell's story, or at least, he is going to take it all into consideration.

It would be an awful misstep in this particular fandom if the next writers disregard everything Lobdell has done for the last 10 years, imho. A very not-well advised move, I think. I think they can retcon stuff, sure; but not everything or the big stuff.