Page 128 of 200 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138178 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 2987

About the 3 jokers.

spoilers:
    I didn't read yet the 3 Jokers issue but, I knew it. Heh, I knew that Jason's role in the story was going to have a lot of detectiving on it: those leaks were pointing at it. Shame on you, Babs (Bruce at this point doesn't do much detecting, eh? And the sadest part is, that no matter the writer, it's what's nowadays his MO). I want that Batman movie to come already so much :/). Thanks for confirming, @Redbird.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Zaresh; 08-25-2020 at 10:32 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    Three Jokers is very exciting!

spoilers:
    I think Jason is very quickly going to realize that killing Joker doesn't solve his issues and make him feel better. A Vengeance Feels Empty situation.
    end of spoilers
    I this Jason spoilers:
    killed the wrong Joker obviously; he killed the Clown when he should have killed the Comedian.
    end of spoilers

How sad. I liked the idea of the Criminal and the Clown. After all, every deck has 2 Jokers.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

The leaks were accurate and yes, the story is a mess.

Jason does show a regression since is once again rash, impulsive and punch first, ask questions later. Him getting to kill one Joker feels like Johns stroking his own ego but at the same time it loses meaning when turns out that was just one of dozens of Jokers that have been running around over the years with no one realizing it was a different guy every time. Not a good look for a superhero that is billed like one of the best detectives in fiction. And even if it turns out a fakeout, the idea of Jason asking for mercy and saying he will do anything up to join the Joker during DOITF is disgusting and shows that Johns doesn't get Jason on more than a superficial level.

Chill it with the spoilers and calm down. The issue just come out today and many haven't read it yet.
    “Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving.”
    – Dale Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    I this Jason spoilers:
    killed the wrong Joker obviously; he killed the Clown when he should have killed the Comedian.
    end of spoilers

How sad. I liked the idea of the Criminal and the Clown. After all, every deck has 2 Jokers.
    spoilers:
    Clown was Death in the Family, Comedian was Killing Joke, I believe.
    end of spoilers

Ah, right.

Sorry for my little bit of spoilers. It's not the most spoiling post, but, eh, sorry about it anyways. I'll put the tags now.
    Still haven't read it, btw.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    spoilers:
    Clown was Death in the Family, Comedian was Killing Joke, I believe.
    end of spoilers
    I thought Comedian was both; I thought Clown was the Silver Age Joker.

Guess I'm confused.

Even if we assume the idea of multiple Jokers running around as true, DITF and TKJ were published in the same year, just with months of difference so it should be the same guy in both stories. the only reason the're treated as different individuals is the forced symbolism of giving one Joker to each hero.

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    I thought Comedian was both; I thought Clown was the Silver Age Joker.

Guess I'm confused.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Even if we assume the idea of multiple Jokers running around as true, DITF and TKJ were published in the same year, just with months of difference so it should be the same guy in both stories. the only reason the're treated as different individuals is the forced symbolism of giving one Joker to each hero.
    This was the story where the Joker became Iran's ambassador to the UN, proximity to The Killing Joke not withstanding, that was pretty Silver Agey.

That's irrelevant, it should be the same guy either way.

All-New Member

Well, I loved it. Without spoiling anything, I think johns really got Jason's voice and brought back some of the things people loved about winnick's characterization without regressing him to villain status. It's probably the best Jason we've had in the last few years (in my opinion of course) and I do think that most Jason fans will like it.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

I enjoyed Three Jokers #1. There are some hidden depths to it. But it will depend on #2 and #3 if I like the story or not - and personally, I'm glad it's only three issues long. The story has a very intense atmosphere - and normally, for this kind of stories, I tend to lose interest very fast when I have to constantly wait a month for the next chapter.

-----

Can we take a moment to appreciate these designs?

(source)

(source)

^^^^
    That controller looks awesome.

But just read 3 Jokers myself, and I stand by what I said before; if anyone deserved to end (a certain) Joker, it was Jason. And Babs "missing", well, considering she suffered directly because of the clown too, in her own separate but just as awful way, yeah. Can't fault either of them for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    ^^^^
    That controller looks awesome.

But just read 3 Jokers myself, and I stand by what I said before; if anyone deserved to end (a certain) Joker, it was Jason. And Babs "missing", well, considering she suffered directly because of the clown too, in her own separate but just as awful way, yeah. Can't fault either of them for that.
    Plus that was his whole purpose for coming back I like that he finally did it and plus that line with Babs was cool. I just hope its the right one
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Plus that was his whole purpose for coming back I like that he finally did it and plus that line with Babs was cool. I just hope its the right one
    No, Jason's reason to come back was because he wanted to know if he mattered so little to Bruce that he never bothered to avenge him, getting back at Joker was an extra.