Page 139 of 200 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149189 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 2987

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I think the "Batman: Second Chances" TDB covers the most important parts before Jason went dark.

To cover everything from the original run you also need (I think) "Batman: The Caped Crusader Vol.1" , "Batman:The Dark Knight Detective Vol.1", "Batman: The Cult" and "Death in the Family".
    Good selections, but there's still a chunk of his pre crisis days that's still missing unfortunately.
    Last edited by RedBird; 09-21-2020 at 12:34 PM.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

There isn't any new information given in the Three Jokers Panel. The panel shows pages from Three Jokers #1 - so spoilers ahead. If people, who haven't read the issue yet, still want to hear the interview, they can still listen to it without looking on the screen because the interview itself with Geoff and Fabok doesn't contain spoilers. John Geoff clarifies again though who of the characters has healed right and who has healed wrong. spoilers:
    Barbara has healed right, Jason has healed wrong. No surprises here.
    end of spoilers

All-New Member

Apparently, there wont be a relaunch in january according to Jim Lee. Read in a comic news site that he said no relaunch and no 5G. Supposedly, their aim for 2021 is to write character driven stories without the need for everything to be part of some big crossover story

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trt-R5 View Post
    Apparently, there wont be a relaunch in january according to Jim Lee. Read in a comic news site that he said no relaunch and no 5G. Supposedly, their aim for 2021 is to write character driven stories without the need for everything to be part of some big crossover story
    Didio and Harras are the shared universe guy and they're gone, Snyder makes events but he usually gives options if the others wanna join or not, it's usually editorial that enforce it, and if Team Snyder consisting of Snyder, Williamson, Tynion, Seeley, Orlando, Tomasi and King make a crossover together it's because they want to do it together. I don't know about Bendis and Johns plus Morrison are in their own universe, so I guess it's possible...

That's great news. Hopefully they'll stick to this plan. No more crossovers and tie-ins please.

The DC Showcase Collection - Batman: Death in the Family - Panel is pretty fun. They show a clip from the Hush Jason route and one from the Red Robin Jason route where Jason fights Two-Face. They also show a screenshot of Talia Al Ghul.

Learn the fascinating details behind Warner Bros. Home Entertainment’s first-ever interactive film presentation during the DC Showcase – Batman: Death in the Family panel. As the anchor of an anthology of 2019–2020 animated shorts, Batman: A Death in the Family is based on the 1988 landmark DC event where fans voted by telephone to determine the story’s ending, and is organically grown out of the 2010 DC Universe Movie Batman: Under the Red Hood. In this new version, the animated short is an interactive storytelling presentation with numerous “branches,” allowing the viewer multiple options from which to choose and alter the path of the core characters (Batman, Robin, Joker, Red Hood and more). Join Brandon Vietti (Batman: Under the Red Hood) with actors Vincent Martella (Phineas and Ferb) and John DiMaggio (Adventure Time) for an in-depth panel discussion moderated by DC Daily’s Hector Navarro about this innovative film. Produced by Warner Bros. Animation and DC, DC Showcase – Batman: Death in the Family arrives from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment on Blu-rayTM Combo Pack and Digital in fall 2020. 30 min
    Last edited by Sergard; 09-13-2020 at 06:08 AM.

Finally! Someone stuck some common sense into their heads. Miracle of miracles.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    That's great news. Hopefully they'll stick to this plan. No more crossovers and tie-ins please.

The DC Showcase Collection - Batman: Death in the Family - Panel is pretty fun. They show a clip from the Hush Jason route and one from the Red Robin Jason route where Jason fights Two-Face. They also show a screenshot of Talia Al Ghul.
    The little bits of the new storylines that they show, they look really, realñy goos for a "small" product like this. I was expecting it to look worse, to be honest. And the old stuff still looks great.

Geez, DiMaggio seems like such a huggable, great guy. Love him. I don't think I can see Bender the same way anymore now. Also, I think I liked the point of view of Vietti about the horror feel it all could have, and about letting Jason survive the experience not being the compassionate option, not realistically. Of course, comics being comics, he wouldn't go through the post-experience as he would, and he could be perfectly fine, no trauma withstanding within a year. Just like Bruce, Dick, Tim or any other (but Barbara, because because). Compassionate would have been not putting him in that situation at all.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 09-13-2020 at 07:07 AM.

Ultimate Member

That's great news. Hopefully they'll stick to this plan. No more crossovers and tie-ins please..
    Part of the reason you saw all that was because stores had ZERO issues ordering those books no matter who the title was.

In some cases those crossover and tie in was the only some books even sniff a store shelf.

They say that but let sales stink and hello hostage events and tie ins.

Shawn Martinbrough

Shawn Martinbrough Twitter Red Hood 51 52.jpg

Currently, I guess that the new characters on the cover of Red Hood #51 are part of the "violent gang aided by Killer Croc", the unmasked woman on the Red Hood #52 cover is Jason's childhood friend and the other two are the vigilantes "Red Hood must forge an uneasy alliance with".

Side note: DC has added Batman: The Hill on readDC.com.

Theoretically, the childhood friend could still be Gabby Christensen from Red Hood/Arsenal. It would be nice to see her again. But I wouldn't hold my breath.

First Look - Red Hood - Rebirth by XM - Prototype Sample

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Looks really nice. Kind of a missed chance that doesn't include a helmetless head tho.

A while ago we had a discussion about Jason and bikes. I think this fanart is a cool addition.

Yen

"Jason and an akira inspired bike"

This John Boyega as Jason Todd combined with Lost Days fanart is also nice.

Symeona

And of course, the hype for the Gotham Knights game is still strong.

Mashal

Red Hood #51 variant cover by Kael Ngu

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Red Hood #51 variant cover by Kael Ngu

Cool
    Is that canvas pants

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

I was hoping this new era for Jason meant ditching the MK cosplay. I hate it.