Page 144 of 200 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148154194 ... LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 2987
    Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

And here's the video.

The reasoning for Bucky winning is kind of lame and they did minimize some of Jason's feats while also ignoring pretty much everything he has achieved during the Dark Trinity era. I will say this though, I was pleasantly surprised that they did count his All Caste Training and respected the way th eAll Blades work (although this might be just to justify Bucky's win). Strangely, despite a good research, they decided that Jason using venom was something he does regularly when he only used it twice.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

source: P.W on Instagram

The design with the mesh for the lower face looks interesting. This could have been a better alternative for the New52 mouth helmet.

And this here is just a cute Dark Trinity fanart I found and wanted to share.

source: yuKi

I know, we still have two issues left with Jason, Bizarro and Artemis - but I already miss them.
    Last edited by Sergard; 09-22-2020 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    source: P.W on Instagram

The design with the mesh for the lower face looks interesting. This could have been a better alternative for the New52 mouth helmet.
    I'm not a fan of the Handsome Squidward helmet but at least was distinctive on his own, this just looks like a bad Star Wars design.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post

And here's the video.

The reasoning for Bucky winning is kind of lame and they did minimize some of Jason's feats while also ignoring pretty much everything he has achieved during the Dark Trinity era. I will say this though, I was pleasantly surprised that they did count his All Caste Training and respected the way th eAll Blades work (although this might be just to justify Bucky's win). Strangely, despite a good research, they decided that Jason using venom was something he does regularly when he only used it twice.
    yeah death battle's notoriously sloppy with there analysis, the fight scenes are usually dope tho, so I try to not sweat the results since their reasoning is always super hit or miss. I would say I don't know why they don't just go with votes, but I imagine the divisiveness fuels more views from outrage/guilt pleasure watches. They did Jason pretty good justice in the breakdown and I think their Jason pulls it off really well.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Surprising Spoilers for 3 JOKERS #2 from Reddit

https://i.redd.it/8hr7l2csm7p51.png

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post

oh god, can people just not help themselves? does Barbara need to passed around to every other male Bat-character? Dick, Bruce, Luke, and now Jason? Steph needs to keep Tim on short lease, he might be next!
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    oh god, can people just not help themselves? does Barbara need to passed around to every other male Bat-character? Dick, Bruce, Luke, and now Jason? Steph needs to keep Tim on short lease, he might be next!
    Lol, that might not be a bad idea. Damian should look out as well when he comes of age

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I'm covering one part of that image and just keep towel Jason. That is the hottest Jason I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    They had Barbara marry Tim in the Arkham game universe, right? I bet it is only a matter of time until it is Damian's turn with how they keep aging Damian up and aging Barbara down, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    They had Barbara marry Tim in the Arkham game universe, right? I bet it is only a matter of time until it is Damian's turn with how they keep aging Damian up and aging Barbara down, lol.
    she got Tim to!? Duke is about 18, that's legal, he might be next before she starts in on Damian she's just bidding her time, collecting Batboys like infinity stones at this point lol

currently following:

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post

Is really that surprising? Rich called it months ago.

Edit:

Spoilers for issue 2 are also out in 4chan and since they were right last month, I'm inclined to believe them. Doesn't seem like a particularly exciting or interesting issue.
    Last edited by Dark_Tzitzimine; 09-25-2020 at 12:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Is really that surprising? Rich called it months ago.

Edit:

Spoilers for issue 2 are also out in 4chan and since they were right last month, I'm inclined to believe them. Doesn't seem like a particularly exciting or interesting issue.
    Must have missed Rich breaking it so was pretty surprised and curious.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

I've already said it in the Three Jokers thread: This is not a romantic kiss that will result in a relationship but a comforting one that was born out of the moment. Judging by this panel, neither Barbara nor Jason are reduced as a character so that the other can benefit. That's not something I can say about certain other character constellations in DC comics.

And why exactly is Barbara "passed around"? In the meanwhile Dick Grayson had relationships with Barbara and Helena - who are both Birds of Prey members - and no one is complaining about that. I've even seen people calling Birds of Prey Dick's "harem" while celebrating Dick as a "Sexgod". Why are female characters shamed and male characters praised for the same thing?

And no, I don't ship Barbara and Jason. Neither do I ship Barbara with any member of the batfamily. Bruce, Dick, Jason, Tim - all of them aren't good choices.

Extraordinary Member

In the meanwhile Dick Grayson had relationships with Barbara and Helena - who are both Birds of Prey members - and no one is complaining about that. I've even seen people calling Birds of Prey Dick's "harem" while celebrating Dick as a "Sexgod". Why are female characters shamed and male characters praised for the same thing?
    Dick and Helena had only a one night stand, and Helena wasn't a member of the Birds of Prey when it happened.

I've already said it in the Three Jokers thread: This is not a romantic kiss that will result in a relationship but a comforting one that was born out of the moment. Judging by this panel, neither Barbara nor Jason are reduced as a character so that the other can benefit. That's not something I can say about certain other character constellations in DC comics.

And why exactly is Barbara "passed around"? In the meanwhile Dick Grayson had relationships with Barbara and Helena - who are both Birds of Prey members - and no one is complaining about that. I've even seen people calling Birds of Prey Dick's "harem" while celebrating Dick as a "Sexgod". Why are female characters shamed and male characters praised for the same thing?

And no, I don't ship Barbara and Jason. Neither do I ship Barbara with any member of the batfamily. Bruce, Dick, Jason, Tim - all of them aren't good choices.
    Seeley in that Batman Eternal issue already set up the two being romantically attracted to each other with Babs basically making a pass at him and Jason hesitantly turning her down. Now Johns here has the two make out when Jason is just wearing a towel. Sure, it was probably in the moment kind of thing, but it is now firmly established the two are very attracted to one another. This will continued to be explored in the future for sure even if this story isn't canon, but given its massive success I'd be surprised if it isn't in canon in some form.

Like Aahz said, Dick and Helena hooked up before she was part of the BoP. That happened before the BoP book even came out. So that isn't a great example. Also I've never heard of anyone describing Birds of Prey as Dick's harem before. I mean Roy's hooked up with more members of the BoP than Dick has I believe. The problem with Barbara is how they just use her as the default love interest for the Batman family or extended family. It just comes across as kind of gross when you have her be with across different media Bruce, Dick, Jason, Tim, and Luke. Give her some romantic partners that are beyond this already. It would be like if Dick's only love interests were Barbara, Helena, Selina, Harley, Stephanie, and so on. It would be awful.

But I'm not a fan of mixing up the love interests between characters that operate more like family. I'd never want to date my brother's ex-girlfriend or ex-wife. It just creates needless drama in my opinion, but I understand some people love that kind of drama in media/fiction. I mean I don't think Jason fans would like it if a writer thought having Artemis and Dick start a romance was a good idea. There are plenty of characters in DC where you don't need family members stepping on each others toes, imo.