Page 155 of 200 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 2987

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    they really should think about giving Jason some kind of disfigurement/scar along with that Rogue hairdo since other media likes to do some variation of it, not every Robin needs to be pretty.
    Attachment 101354
    Doesn't really fly with the Lazarus Pit though. As one of the things that does, is heal wounds.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Where's the 2D/cartoon pic from?
    Batman: Death in the family movie.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Didn't Tim have scars in his head at some point? Burns, if I recall, in his nape? Or maybe I'm mixing stuff, as usual.
    It is implied all the Batfamily members have many scars that aren't noticeable by the reader. These will only appear when a writer wants a story around that.

This aspect is mentioned in Three Joker, where it seems Jason still has his scars from Joker attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    Batman: Death in the family movie.
    I thought that wasn't out yet?

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    This aspect is mentioned in Three Joker, where it seems Jason still has his scars from Joker attack.
    Something that only makes sense if Jason never died in Ethiopia since as it has been pointed out already, resurrecting him through the pit would've healed those scars.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Something that only makes sense if Jason never died in Ethiopia since as it has been pointed out already, resurrecting him through the pit would've healed those scars.
    I suspect most writers don't remember or know that aspect (where it was said?)

They usually know Jason resurrected through Lazarus pit, but this erasing his scars is likely something they don't pay enough attention.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

I suspect most writers don't remember or know that aspect (where it was said?)
    You kidding right? The pits healing powers are literally the reason they're often used as Plot Devices to bring people back or cure potentially lethal/crippling injuries.

If you want a more specific example though, Nygma used a pit to cure his brain cancer during Hush, and in Legends of the Gotham Knights Bane used one to "clean his slate" so to speak, and cure his addiction to venom and all the side effects from its use.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    You kidding right? The pits healing powers are literally the reason they're often used as Plot Devices to bring people back or cure potentially lethal/crippling injuries.

If you want a more specific example though, Nygma used a pit to cure his brain cancer during Hush, and in Legends of the Gotham Knights Bane used one to "clean his slate" so to speak, and cure his addiction to venom and all the side effects from its use.
    I know the healing powers of Lazarus Pit. That doesn't mean the writers don't put the rules they want

It is pretty easy to say the Lazarus Pit resurrected Death people, but doesn't erase scars. It would be dumb, but not really impossible.

That's why I want to know if it's directly mentioned the scars of Jason were erased.

Spectacular Member

I know the healing powers of Lazarus Pit. That doesn't mean the writers don't put the rules they want

It is pretty easy to say the Lazarus Pit resurrected Death people, but doesn't erase scars. It would be dumb, but not really impossible.

That's why I want to know if it's directly mentioned the scars of Jason were erased.
    it doesn't have to mention the scars from jason being erase when bruce and ras scars were erase heck it turn back the hands of time for ras.

excusing johns way of using the pit would be wrong he's been working for dc almost 30 years he know's the way the pit work so does tomasi, morrison, and half the writers who been their since the early 00's. this is just john telling everyone i know the prime punch was stupid and here's an another idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    [..].

Edit: if we are going to do teams with the bats, I want him with Kate or Tim. Or even both. I think their dynamic could work pretty well if they're written as they should.

Edit: btw, I'm actually looking forward to what they're going to do with the new writer. Also, I don't think the Lobdell era is going to be forgotten: he brought in a lot of elements that fans like, even when they disliked some others. I know of a few new readers that got to know about Jason as his own character outside his story with Bruce as an antagonist that actually liked him here despite being indifferent to him before. And the Gotham Knights game info teased that they may use some elements from his background with the All-Caste... or something mystical, or magical. So, yeah: I don't think it's not going to fade soon. Not to mention that Artemis is now linked to him and it's not a small piece of his whole editorial history now.
    And how are Kate and Tim supposed to be written?

I feel like Kate has the same problem as Jason - she just needs a good writer and adventures that are completely independent from the batfamily. She already has enough supporting cast and her own distinct themes - military and international terrorism combined with spooky/occult stuff; and being a homosexual woman obviously plays a part too. Kate already has a great foundation for writers to build on.

Tim is a little bit more difficult. Opinions on what should be done with him are very mixed. He still has the potential to be transformed in something very unique and exciting though. At least in my eyes, Tim is - theoretically - in a better place than Dick and Damian.
    Last edited by Sergard; 10-12-2020 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    And how are Kate and Tim supposed to be written?

I feel like Kate has the same problem as Jason - she just needs a good writer and adventures that are completely independent from the batfamily. She already has enough supporting cast and her own distinct themes - military and international terrorism combined with spooky/occult stuff; and being a homosexual woman obviously plays a part too. Kate already has a great foundation for writers to build on.

Tim is a little bit more difficult. Opinions on what should be done with him are very mixed. He still has the potential to be transformed in something very unique and exciting though. At least in my eyes, Tim is - theoretically - in a better place than Dick and Damian.
    Tim, I have an idea about him already. He's an idealist to his bone, but also incredible pragmatic: which means he can play dirty, he will play dirty, and he will get dirty (as much as he can without crossing certain lines himself). He's not likely to show moral superiority about others, but he's also going to call things by their names with no qualms about it. He's smart, and he knows that he's smart; but he's also aware that there're things he doesn't know. He has a controlling streak: which means he can also manipulate others fine if he thinks it's what will bring the better outcome of a plan. And he comes across me like one of those people that can honestly forgive (comes from his need to understand stuff) but doesn't forget (and will take into account the chances. And, yeah, he can be resentful). Seems to be able to obsess to the point of driving himself to a wall, too. He seems like a nice guy (he seems to be nicer than Dick, to be honest), but he also seems to be, much like Jason, one who you would better not piss of or hurt, because he knows where to strike hard and how to do so.

This is how I saw him by reading Young Justice, Red Robin and a few Tec/Batman/Robin issues (certain stories). Old comics most of them at this point, I guess. I'm not an expert, but I see him this way.

Which is why, at this point, I think he offers the better dynamic with Jason. They seem to share traits, but also strong differences. I know less about Kate, but she seems to have some traits, different ones, that would make for an enjoyable dynamic with Jason too. For as little as I read about her, she reminds me a little of Bruce in TAS; a less stoic, more talkative and brash Bruce, but she does give certain vibe
    Last edited by Zaresh; 10-12-2020 at 03:04 PM. Reason: better prhasing

Kate actually is fairly stoic. She shares a lot of traits with Bruce like that. Though, she doesn't purposely throw family into danger/beat the tar out of them on a whim. So, she has that going for her.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

artist: karosake (follow link for versions of Dick, Tim and Damian)

artist: nockuth

"Here's a preview of my page for @JaybirdZine
    !!
    Pre-orders are now open at https://jaytheredbird.bigcartel.com"

artist: Yaz

"preview of my pages for @JaybirdZine

I joined at vol.1"

Zahui Patrick Nandor (follow the link/visit the profile for more pictures)

"Badassery overload!!!

EXCLUSIVE BREAKING NEWS!!!!!

Collector @maweixiao4 has blessed me and my page exclusively with early sneak peeks at the UPCOMING @mcfarlane_toys_official DC Multiverse Red Hood & Nightwing two-pack!

And also many more!"