Page 171 of 200 FirstFirst ... 71121161167168169170171172173174175181 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,565 of 2987

oopop.jpg

Dexter's Jason with the white streak is *chef's kiss*

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Dark Multiverse: Hush is a weird story since it barely has anything to do with the original like it was the case with the previous specials. Due to that, they crammed a ridiculous amount of plot in such a limited space that ends up being incredibly underwhelming and Dexter's art is the only memorable thing to come from it. I said it before and I said it again, Jason looks dumb with that "streak" since it looks like he got plastered in the head with a bucket of white paint.

Not much to say about DCeased other than this proves without a shadow of a doubt that Taylor has zero interest in Jason as a character.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    I said it before and I said it again, Jason looks dumb with that "streak" since it looks like he got plastered in the head with a bucket of white paint.
    I've always liked the white streak. Not only does it make Jason visually distinct from the other Robins, but it also serves as a constant physical reminder of Jason's trauma regarding his death.
    Last edited by km_sus; 11-03-2020 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by km_sus View Post
    I've always liked the white streak. Not only does it make Jason visually distinct from the other Robins, but it also serves as a constant physical reminder of Jason's trauma regarding his death.
    You only need artists to not be lazy to get the robins to be visually distinct since Jason is the biggest and most muscular out of them. And the Red Hood persona already serves as a physical reminder of his trauma.

You only need artists to not be lazy to get the robins to be visually distinct since Jason is the biggest and most muscular out of them.
    Definitely. I yearn for pages where Jason is drawn as absolutely freaking McHuge as he's supposed to be.

And the Red Hood persona already serves as a physical reminder of his trauma.
    Yeah but Jason isn't Red Hood all the time. I'm talking about in Jason's downtime, like when he looks in the bathroom mirror. Even though the lazarus pit can heal all scars and injuries, the idea of being constantly reminded of your unjust death even in your most private moments is something that I feel is core to Jason's anger, and I think the white streak represents it as a permanent reminder. Jason's body may be physically perfect, but the white streak is an imperfection in Jason's revival.

That being said I also appreciate the opposite side of that, where Jason has no physical scars or reminders, but they're all psychological/mental instead.

Astonishing Member

You only need artists to not be lazy to get the robins to be visually distinct since Jason is the biggest and most muscular out of them. And the Red Hood persona already serves as a physical reminder of his trauma.
    This isn't only artists being lazy.

DC really likes its Batfamily stairs between Batman and (ex) Robins. So, they want Jason to be shorter than Dick and Bruce.

I know there was data in the past that Jason should pretty tall and muscular, but I really doubt DC (or writers) care about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post

DC really likes its Batfamily stairs between Batman and (ex) Robins. So, they want Jason to be shorter than Dick and Bruce.

I know there was data in the past that Jason should pretty tall and muscular, but I really doubt DC (or writers) care about this.
    And yet, fanfic writers make sure to point out that Jason is the biggest, Dick is the acrobat, Tim is Tim, and Damian is the youngest. And, usually, all it needs is just a line or two. In comics, not even that.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post

They've been consistent nowadays about keeping the height accurate, and Gleason even issued an apology when he drew Dick taller than Jason during the N52.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I prefer purely psychological reminders since him being Res Hood at all is a good enough physical reminder as is.

Yeah but Jason isn't Red Hood all the time. I'm talking about in Jason's downtime, like when he looks in the bathroom mirror. Even though the lazarus pit can heal all scars and injuries, the idea of being constantly reminded of your unjust death even in your most private moments is something that I feel is core to Jason's anger, and I think the white streak represents it as a permanent reminder. Jason's body may be physically perfect, but the white streak is an imperfection in Jason's revival.
    You're asking for a Jason that is unable to move on and is firmly stuck in the past, and that is the worst thing you can do for a character's longevity. Again, the biggest achievement of Lobdell's run is making Jason able to move on and work into improving himself rather than keep dwelling on the past.

Extraordinary Member

At least the Gotham Knights Game seems to get it right, that Jason completely dwarfs the other characters.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

After reading Tales from the Dark Multiverse - Batman: Hush I have to say that I definitely consider main continuity "darker" than this universe.

You're asking for a Jason that is unable to move on and is firmly stuck in the past, and that is the worst thing you can do for a character's longevity. Again, the biggest achievement of Lobdell's run is making Jason able to move on and work into improving himself rather than keep dwelling on the past.
    No, I actually really like Lobdell's version of Jason and what he did in RHatO. I'm all for Jason moving forward actually. I'm all for him and Bruce forgiving each other, Jason having a better relationship with the other members of the family and for a sustained romantic interest with someone like Artemis.

That being said, you cannot deny that Jason's death and rebirth was not THE most formative event of his life and that it will continue to cause him pain for as long as he lives. This is all personal opinion, but I would prefer that Jason continue to kill criminals. Maybe not low level henchman who are just trying to provide for their family, like Jason's father was, but big villains like Bane and Ra's al Ghul who Jason would despise. Ultimately, his hatred for villains and criminals and his desire to lethally punish them stems from his death at the hands of the Joker and the trauma that surrounds that. Jason can move on from his death and no longer be stuck in the past, but we have to acknowledge that his death changed his worldview permanently. He can never go back to abiding by Batman's ethics and code, because he does not view them as effective. That is why the white streak could be visually important for Jason. Despite moving on from past events, the white streak remains - a permanent reminder of what has happened and why he believes his methods are important.
    Last edited by km_sus; 11-03-2020 at 12:00 PM.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

@Dark: Do you know more about this?

No, I actually really like Lobdell's version of Jason and what he did in RHatO. I'm all for Jason moving forward actually. I'm all for him and Bruce forgiving each other, Jason having a better relationship with the other members of the family and for a sustained romantic interest with someone like Artemis.

That being said, you cannot deny that Jason's death and rebirth was not THE most formative event of his life and that it will continue to cause him pain for as long as he lives. This is all personal opinion, but I would prefer that Jason continue to kill criminals. Maybe not low level henchman who are just trying to provide for their family, like Jason's father was, but big villains like Bane and Ra's al Ghul who Jason would despise. Ultimately, his hatred for villains and criminals and his desire to lethally punish them stems from his death at the hands of the Joker and the trauma that surrounds that. Jason can move on from his death and no longer be stuck in the past, but we have to acknowledge that his death changed his worldview permanently. He can never go back to abiding by Batman's ethics and code, because he does not view them as effective. That is why the white streak could be visually important for Jason. Despite moving on from past events, the white streak remains - a permanent reminder of what has happened and why he believes his methods are important.
    I feel like you're contradicting yourself here. Jason moving forward and growing as a person means he's able to understand that killing is not the only option to deal with crime and that he can play by Bruce's rules if the situation calls for it. The description you're giving for Jason also sounds a lot like for you, Jason is defined by his hatred and that is something he was able to move from it during Lobdell's run, so that would be a regression for his character. Hell, just look at Jason's closing thoughts in issue 50 where he says he never took the time to be grateful for the fact he was given a second shot at life.

With that said, Jason will never forget the events that lead to his death and keep being the biggest motivation behind his actions, making the white streak becomes redundant as a reminder for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    @Dark: Do you know more about this?
    Nope, first time I hear of it. Hopefully, it will be a regular release this time.