Page 172 of 200 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172173174175176182 ... LastLast
Results 2,566 to 2,580 of 2987

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    I feel like you're contradicting yourself here.
    Entirely possible, I'm not a very coherent person lol. But I mean, someone can move on from a traumatic event and a dark time in their life while still retaining elements from their old mentality.

I actually think we agree on way more than we disagree. I do like Lobdell and that he moved Jason forward into realising that killing someone isn't always the solution, which is a direction I like. I don't think Jason's primary motivator is anger either, only that his death and the pain that it had informs a lot of the big decisions he makes.

I do disagree on Jason working with Bruce. In my opinion if Jason is killing people and not trying to stop, then Bruce would have no tolerance for it, although I understand that is not the direction editorial wants to go with him and it's just my personal view. We also disagree on the white streak but uh << I'll just leave it for now

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

[...]
    Nope, first time I hear of it. Hopefully, it will be a regular release this time.

source: Twitter

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post

source: Twitter
    So if I'm getting it right, is an exclusive of Funko's web shop?

So if I'm getting it right, is an exclusive of Funko's web shop?
    I think so.

Quote Originally Posted by km_sus View Post
    Entirely possible, I'm not a very coherent person lol. But I mean, someone can move on from a traumatic event and a dark time in their life while still retaining elements from their old mentality.

I actually think we agree on way more than we disagree. I do like Lobdell and that he moved Jason forward into realising that killing someone isn't always the solution, which is a direction I like. I don't think Jason's primary motivator is anger either, only that his death and the pain that it had informs a lot of the big decisions he makes.

I do disagree on Jason working with Bruce
    . In my opinion if Jason is killing people and not trying to stop, then Bruce would have no tolerance for it, although I understand that is not the direction editorial wants to go with him and it's just my personal view. We also disagree on the white streak but uh << I'll just leave it for now
    To be fair, I don't want Jason to work with anyone in the batfamily. DC has completely butchered the concept of "heroes who don't kill". DC has butchered the concept of heroes in general, to be honest.

Having a no-kill-rule is not morally superior to not having a no-kill-rule and it's mind-boggling how straight out obsessed DC writers are to prove otherwise.

I keep waiting for Jason to get the spotlight in the Gotham Knights twitter but now is obvious they're leaving him for the last.

Read the last of Outlaws.

I enjoyed it but I do wish we coulda had a moment with King of H*ll Bizarro. I'm not sure I'm gonna continue to read though.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I need confirmation if there's any, on whose idea it was to make Jason work in the Bat-Family. My prime suspect is Didio because one of his earliest ideas, when he came to DC, was to make Jason Nightwing, and then he said he likes 52. That's when Jason became a good guy for an extended time. Then of course, when New 52 came, Red Hood and The Outlaws were created where the main idea is redemption, and the book itself is pretty much the Titans title when there was no official Titans book, and despite being low-selling, it's not getting canceled when at that time low selling titles are getting axed left and right.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    To be fair, I don't want Jason to work with anyone in the batfamily. DC has completely butchered the concept of "heroes who don't kill".
    For some reason it seems less of a problem when they make team ups with Batfamily members and characters other than Jason.
    Stuff like Dick teaming up with Tiger, Midnighter or raptor worked fine.
    In the Outsiders we had Katana an Shiva.
    In Batman we have currently Harley and Clown Hunter.

When it comes to Jason in Batfamily stories ...

Btw. he doesn't necessarily have to kill, he could be just more Brutal (like in the Grave Yard fight in Three Jokers) or use otherwise tactics the other Batfamily members wouldn't use.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I need confirmation if there's any, on whose idea it was to make Jason work in the Bat-Family. My prime suspect is Didio because one of his earliest ideas, when he came to DC, was to make Jason Nightwing, and then he said he likes 52. That's when Jason became a good guy for an extended time. Then of course, when New 52 came, Red Hood and The Outlaws were created where the main idea is redemption, and the book itself is pretty much the Titans title when there was no official Titans book, and despite being low-selling, it's not getting canceled when at that time low selling titles are getting axed left and right.
    Didio is gone and Jason is still part of the batfamily.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    For some reason it seems less of a problem when they make team ups with Batfamily members and characters other than Jason.
    Stuff like Dick teaming up with Tiger, Midnighter or raptor worked fine.
    In the Outsiders we had Katana an Shiva.
    In Batman we have currently Harley and Clown Hunter.

When it comes to Jason in Batfamily stories ...

Btw. he doesn't necessarily have to kill, he could be just more Brutal (like in the Grave Yard fight in Three Jokers) or use otherwise tactics the other Batfamily members wouldn't use.
    Befriending enemies - like we got with Bizarro, Crux, Suzie, Vessel and Duela - is a tactic the other batfamily members don't use.
    Last edited by Sergard; 11-05-2020 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    The redemption angle was 100% Lobdell. It was one of the conditions he asked to write RHATO in the first place.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I do think Jason’s redemption was an inevitably regardless. Even if it was just during some event shortly before he died again.

Extraordinary Member

They allready went in that direction in Countdown, they just changed direction half way through.

Yeah but after Countdown the editorial mandate was "turn Jason into Dick's Joker"

Nah, it's kind of old, and not really news, honestly. It was some reaction to John Boyega commenting in Twitter that he likes Red Hood a lot. Twitter went nuts, and we got a bunch of good fanarts from it