Page 176 of 200 FirstFirst ... 76126166172173174175176177178179180186 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,640 of 2987
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    Enjoy.
    There isn't a lot of new stuff coming out and a lot of it is event-heavy. Furthermore, there are only two "normal" months left before two months of filler with Future State hit. So it's a good time for going back and reading some runs.

Maybe this time I finally manage to read Sandman.

--------------

Finalized Red Hood #51 cover

Croc showing up, I hope they make him back into the criminal kingpin, and former enforcer he used to be.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

DC)
    "Dark Detective" written by MARIKO TAMAKI
    "Dark Detective" art by DAN MORA
    "Red Hood" written by JOSHUA WILLIAMSON
    "Red Hood" art by GIANNIS MILONOGIANNIS
    cover by DAN MORA
    card stock variant cover by BRIAN BOLLAND
    ON SALE 2/23/21
    $5.99 US | 48 PAGES | 4 OF 4 | FC | DC
    CARD STOCK VARIANT COVER $6.99 US

Bruce Wayne may be a dead man in the eyes of the villainous Magistrate, but this dark detective isn't through yet! In this pulse-pounding finale, Bruce makes his final move and comes face to face with the man at the top of Gotham's oppressive regime, Peacekeeper One! With bombs planted and the trap waiting to be sprung, this final battle will decide the fate of Gotham City once and for all...

And after the events of the last "Red Hood" chapter, Jason Todd is a wanted man. He got too close to the mystery of the new Red Hood Gang, and that forced the Magistrate to take extreme measures—because no one can know the truth. Hurt and alone, Jason must turn to some unlikely allies if he's going to survive!

I have to say, I don't know what's happening anymore. So the next two issues are either a big flashforward, or these future shock issues aren't in the future anymore.

Or they screwed the solicits.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    I have to say, I don't know what's happening anymore. So the next two issues are either a big flashforward, or these future shock issues aren't in the future anymore.

Or they screwed the solicits.
    Is a possible future, they've emphasized that since the reveal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Is a possible future, they've emphasized that since the reveal.
    Yeah, but the second half of this solicit talks about "after the events of the last "Red Hood" chapter, Jason Todd is a wanted man." And then, as if it were a direct, straight, close in time consequence of that, "He got too close to the mystery of the new Red Hood Gang, and that forced the Magistrate to take extreme measures—because no one can know the truth". What I understand by this is that after Red Hood 52, Jason ends being wanted by the authorities, these authorities being the magistrate, that is directly managing whatever happens with a new Red Hood gang. All this, since RH52 to the last part of the solicit, happening in the same present time, whenever that time is (now or in the future). Also, it drops Jason working for the magistrate, unless he works for them in Red Hood 51 and 52.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Yeah, but the second half of this solicit talks about "after the events of the last "Red Hood" chapter, Jason Todd is a wanted man." And then, as if it were a direct, straight, close in time consequence of that, "He got too close to the mystery of the new Red Hood Gang, and that forced the Magistrate to take extreme measures—because no one can know the truth". What I understand by this is that after Red Hood 52, Jason ends being wanted by the authorities, these authorities being the magistrate, that is directly managing whatever happens with a new Red Hood gang. All this, since RH52 to the last part of the solicit, happening in the same present time, whenever that time is (now or in the future). Also, it drops Jason working for the magistrate, unless he works for them in Red Hood 51 and 52.
    They meant the previous chapter of Red Hood in Dark Detective #2
    "Also in this issue, Jason Todd is a haunted man. He’s working a job he hates on the violent streets of Gotham City as a mask hunter for the Magistrate! He takes contracts to catch villains—or heroes—and brings them in alive—mostly. But when the Red Hood gang reemerges, Jason must solve a mystery that could doom the city."

Ohhhh, wait. So these are new, not the previous ones re-written.

I feel really dumb now. Yeah, now it makes absolute sense :_D.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Croc showing up, I hope they make him back into the criminal kingpin, and former enforcer he used to be.
    Doesn’t Red Hood actually have a friendship of sorts with Killer Croc because of Roy?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    That's some out of the box artstyle - I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    DC)
    "Dark Detective" written by MARIKO TAMAKI
    "Dark Detective" art by DAN MORA
    "Red Hood" written by JOSHUA WILLIAMSON
    "Red Hood" art by GIANNIS MILONOGIANNIS
    cover by DAN MORA
    card stock variant cover by BRIAN BOLLAND
    ON SALE 2/23/21
    $5.99 US | 48 PAGES | 4 OF 4 | FC | DC
    CARD STOCK VARIANT COVER $6.99 US

Bruce Wayne may be a dead man in the eyes of the villainous Magistrate, but this dark detective isn't through yet! In this pulse-pounding finale, Bruce makes his final move and comes face to face with the man at the top of Gotham's oppressive regime, Peacekeeper One! With bombs planted and the trap waiting to be sprung, this final battle will decide the fate of Gotham City once and for all...

And after the events of the last "Red Hood" chapter, Jason Todd is a wanted man. He got too close to the mystery of the new Red Hood Gang, and that forced the Magistrate to take extreme measures—because no one can know the truth. Hurt and alone, Jason must turn to some unlikely allies if he's going to survive!
    Jason's default setting since 1988

At least "unlikely allies" suggests that it's nobody from the batfamily. I consider this a plus.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Doesn’t Red Hood actually have a friendship of sorts with Killer Croc because of Roy?
    Friendship is probably a too strong word. But they are on friendly terms in RHatO #17.
    I really liked that moment.

source: Cosplus

source: Twitter

BATMAN: A DEATH IN THE FAMILY: THE DELUXE EDITION HC
    written by JIM STARLIN and MARV WOLFMAN
    art by JIM APARO, GEORGE PÉREZ, and others
    cover by JIM APARO
    ON SALE 4/13/21
    $49.99 US | 280 PAGES | FC | DC
    HARDCOVER | 7.0625" x 10.875"
    ISBN: 978-1-77951-917-8
    The game-changing Batman epic returns in a new deluxe edition hardcover! As the second person to assume the role of Batman's sidekick, Jason Todd had a completely different personality than the original Robin. Rash and prone to ignore Batman's instructions, Jason was always quick to act without regard to consequences. This story put Jason's fate in the readers' hands—who voted whether or not Robin should live or die at the hands of The Joker. This tale of loss, guilt, and brutality stands as one of the most defining pieces of the Dark Knight's mythology. Collects Batman #426-429 and #440-442, The New Teen Titans #60-61, plus several never-before-published pages that show what would have happened if Jason Todd had lived!
    Now this is interesting.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Didn’t DC already print the “what if Jason survived?!?!” Version of DITF in one of the trades? I’m pretty sure that was a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Now this is interesting.
    Not really. We have already seen one and a half page of the "Jason lives" route - and the character would still have been thrown away by DC.
    Furthermore, half of the book is about Tim's introduction.

Jason is the only DC character who can't even call his death story his own because everyone else in the batfamily uses it as a prop to make themselves look superior.
    Last edited by Sergard; 11-13-2020 at 04:41 PM.

I don't care how similar the Pops look, they both look great... better together, and I will have both