Page 177 of 200 FirstFirst ... 77127167173174175176177178179180181187 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,655 of 2987

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    Not really. We have already seen one and a half page of the "Jason lives" route - and the character would still have been thrown away by DC.
    Furthermore, half of the book is about Tim's introduction.

Jason is the only DC character who can't even call his death story his own because everyone else in the batfamily uses it as a prop to make themselves look superior.
    Yep. Jason goes down a hero, even trying to shield his b**** of a bio-mom with his own battered body, and then gets crapped on for the next 20 years.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Yep. Jason goes down a hero, even trying to shield his b**** of a bio-mom with his own battered body, and then gets crapped on for the next 20 years.
    To be fair, he has the best series out of the four robins right now.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    To be fair, he has the best series out of the four robins right now.
    True. Dick suffered through 2 years of "Ric", thanks to Dan DiDio. Tim is still forever 16 with no real forward progress thus far. And Damian was character assassinated in Teen Titans.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Not really. We have already seen one and a half page of the "Jason lives" route - and the character would still have been thrown away by DC.
    Furthermore, half of the book is about Tim's introduction.

Jason is the only DC character who can't even call his death story his own because everyone else in the batfamily uses it as a prop to make themselves look superior.
    To be fair, DITF is a pretty terrible story in general so I’m not all that surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Now this is interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Didn’t DC already print the “what if Jason survived?!?!” Version of DITF in one of the trades? I’m pretty sure that was a thing.
    Yeah that particular page where Batman is holding Jason and happily says 'He's Alive!' has been printed and reprinted a few times in various trades, and what not. Even used in the DITF interactive film which I thought was a neat easter egg.

There was also an article featuring the page along with Jason in the hospital recovering shown here. https://www.cbr.com/dc-alternate-dea...he-family-art/

But I think what this statement of 'several never-before-published pages' is referring to is perhaps what was seen in this article featuring a screenshot from a segment which was looking at never before seen artwork from DC.

https://www.comicsbeat.com/batman-a-...t-jason-lives/

The pages in question feature Dick showing up at the hospital asking if Bruce needs help taking down the Joker. The page itself seems unfinished (unless it's purposefully empty) and according to the article had editorial notes asking to swap Dick out and replace him with Alfred instead for the scene. I'm assuming these are the panels that will be printed in the upcoming release. In the screenshot we can see three different pages (all with various levels of completion) making up that scene of Bruce finding Jason and being in the hospital by Jasons side with Dick visiting, but that said, there is a fourth page below the others that we aren't able to see in the screenshot, so maybe the new DITF release will feature an additional page along with the ones already shown here.
    Last edited by RedBird; 11-15-2020 at 03:06 AM.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Shawn Martinbrough

"One of my favorite scenes from #REDHOOD #51. #JasonTodd having a beer, in The Hill on a lovely night in Gotham. Art by @Tony8Akins & Stefano Gaudiano. Color by @paulmounts. Covers by @Danmora_c & @KaelNgu. Written by me & published by @DCComics. In stores this month."

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Doesn’t Red Hood actually have a friendship of sorts with Killer Croc because of Roy?
    I don’t know. I’ve literally just read the first 2 books of the Rebirth era.

Shawn Martinbrough

"One of my favorite scenes from #REDHOOD #51. #JasonTodd having a beer, in The Hill on a lovely night in Gotham. Art by @Tony8Akins & Stefano Gaudiano. Color by @paulmounts. Covers by @Danmora_c & @KaelNgu. Written by me & published by @DCComics. In stores this month."

Yeah, mega-chin on Jason just looks weird.

Noticed a theme so far. Dick is going under deep cover for the Owls, while Jason is doing the same for the regular criminal underworld. Does this theme interconnect with the titles, or was it just coincidental?

Also—is there a Dick/Jason crossover storyline? It would be so perfect to see the first two Robins interact now that they’re grown men, and their experiences took them down very different paths.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I don’t know. I’ve literally just read the first 2 books of the Rebirth era.
    Killer Croc generally has the problem that writers like to flip-flop between Killer Croc as villain or anti-villain/anti-hero.
    That's a problem some other DC characters have too.

Noticed a theme so far. Dick is going under deep cover for the Owls, while Jason is doing the same for the regular criminal underworld. Does this theme interconnect with the titles, or was it just coincidental?
    Coincidental. Undercover missions are a regularly recurring theme in vigilante stories.

Also—is there a Dick/Jason crossover storyline? It would be so perfect to see the first two Robins interact now that they’re grown men, and their experiences took them down very different paths.
    Not really. There are some old and very one-sided stories from post-crisis written by Dick Grayson writers à la "look how perfect Dick Grayson is - and here's Jason Todd, the biggest loser that ever lived".

Dick has a guest appearance in Red Hood and the Outlaws Annual #1 (Rebirth run) though. It's one of the very few stories where Dick and Jason are portrayed as "brothers".
    Last edited by Sergard; 11-15-2020 at 12:48 PM.

Extraordinary Member

There is also a short team up story of Dick and Jason in Gotham Knight #11, that was not bad.

Most other Crossovers, Batfamily events and Titans Together go unfortunately also for "look how perfect Dick Grayson (or Tim, or Barbara, or ...) is - and here's Jason Todd, the biggest loser that ever lived".

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    There is also a short team up story of Dick and Jason in Gotham Knight #11, that was not bad.

Most other Crossovers, Batfamily events and Titans Together go unfortunately also for "look how perfect Dick Grayson (or Tim, or Barbara, or ...) is - and here's Jason Todd, the biggest loser that ever lived".
    Yep. Fanfics usually do a far better job of balancing out the Robins character wise than actual DC Comics do.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Yep. Fanfics usually do a far better job of balancing out the Robins character wise than actual DC Comics do.

what fanfics would you recommend?
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    what fanfics would you recommend?
    There's a list on page 1. Like the 2nd or 3rd post.