Page 185 of 200 FirstFirst ... 85135175181182183184185186187188189195 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,775 of 2987

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post

Future State continues to confuse me, nice Akira bike though
    spoilers:
    In the The Last Stories of the DC Universe issue there is a panel of Rose flirting with Jason. She basically says "I'm winking at you under my eyepatch". So maybe they are going to do something romantic with the two in Future State based off of that. This panel of them on the bike makes a bit more sense now at least.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    spoilers:
    In the The Last Stories of the DC Universe issue there is a panel of Rose flirting with Jason. She basically says "I'm winking at you under my eyepatch". So maybe they are going to do something romantic with the two in Future State based off of that. This panel of them on the bike makes a bit more sense now at least.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Rose actually shouldn't have an Eyepatch in current continuity, during Priest's run she had both Eyes.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    spoilers:
    Rose actually shouldn't have an Eyepatch in current continuity, during Priest's run she had both Eyes.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah, and characters like Terra who were there were wearing their costumes from Priest's Deathstroke run still. So if that is still the current cannon then she should have both eyes, but who knows with DC and continuity anymore. It's a giant mess, haha. Babs was wearing her Burnside costume which she hasn't worn in a long time.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Badou; 12-08-2020 at 06:19 AM.

Nice.

The holsters doubling as armour is a neat idea, though I honestly hope we can upgrade the mask to an actual helmet in the game.

Also I've been waiting for an article to drop about it and confirm it, but have you guys heard the extra new details for Gotham Knights. One of them being that throughout the game Red Hood unlocks more abilities as he learns more about his resurrection.

EDIT: Found the interview.
    Last edited by RedBird; 12-08-2020 at 02:14 PM.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Nice.

The holsters doubling as armour is a neat idea, though I honestly hope we can upgrade the mask to an actual helmet in the game.

Also I've been waiting for an article to drop about it and confirm it, but have you guys heard the extra new details for Gotham Knights. One of them being that throughout the game Red Hood unlocks more abilities as he learns more about his resurrection.
    That definitely sounds like they will taking the All Caste into consideration.

And the costume is 100% based/inspired by Medri's design

Extraordinary Member

The Jason Rose romance
    Seems to be keeping up

Yeah, Williamson is one of the writers of that Death Metal issue, so that panel of Rose flirting with Jason could be foreshadowing their relationship in future state and perhaps even in the ongoing dc future. It's a romance that has appeared with a growing frequency across a few books now, and even with the Titans tv series. And yet it's still so severely underdeveloped. I've mentioned before that right off the bat, it's the kind of ship that makes sense on paper, and I'm not against it, but the lack of development and interactions leaves a lot to be desired, so unless dc is finally going to put in the time to develop Jason and Roses relationship together or at least have them speak to each other for more than just a handful of panels I can't say I'm all that intrigued about it.

It's just, there, existing for the time being. I like both characters but if this relationship is going to be a thing, then I just want to see it grow first, have it be properly fleshed out and earned.
    Last edited by RedBird; 12-08-2020 at 02:48 PM.

Did you guys forget already that Rose and Jason were confirmed to have been in a relationship since the N52?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Did you guys forget already that Rose and Jason were confirmed to have been in a relationship since the N52?
    Not at all.

But even when it was introduced in New52 it was still a relationship we as readers didn't see unfold and are instead told about after the fact. Same problem. From the beginning this relationship has been a lot of just telling the audience these characters are (or in new52s case, 'were') a couple, rather than actually showing their relationship develop. I wonder if future writers will even remember their past relationship from new 52 and use it as a base, or if it was forgotten in rebirth.

I'm not arguing about that one being better handled or anything. I'm just pointing out this not a novel development nor the first time this relationship has been alluded to in the comics. Personally, I don't like because I have never cared about Rose.

That definitely sounds like they will taking the All Caste into consideration.

And the costume is 100% based/inspired by Medri's design

The all-caste and the all-blades are my guess too. They seem to draw a lot from the new52-early Rebirth era for inspiration and foundations for the characters in the game, besides the Arkham games, I mean.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 12-08-2020 at 03:16 PM.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I’m surprised the Jason/Rose thing has become as big as a thing as it has since they’ve had maybe a handful of interactions in the comics that I can think of.

I'm not arguing about that one being better handled or anything. I'm just pointing out this not a novel development nor the first time this relationship has been alluded to in the comics.
    Oh yeah for sure, though it is honestly kind of both strange and impressive to see a ship that was born from nothing more than a throw away line, has now snowballed and become this pervasive and prominent without any proper canon interactions.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I’m surprised the Jason/Rose thing has become as big as a thing as it has since they’ve had maybe a handful of interactions in the comics that I can think of.
    Pretty much, as far as I recall this one panel from Death Metal is literally the only canon interaction they have had since the last few issues of new52 Rhato. Everything else has been either been outside media, or a comic else world.

That really felt like Lobdell just wanted to add a notch in Jason's bed post or something. Had the two characters ever interacted before that random encounter between the two of them? I think Rose was missing an eye during that encounter, but then in Priest's run she obviously had both eyes and was written a bit younger. So I think some were thinking their New 52 interaction wasn't in continuity anymore, but who knows now with how confusing things are, lol. Everything is apparently canon now.
    Last edited by Badou; 12-08-2020 at 04:10 PM.