Page 186 of 200 FirstFirst ... 86136176182183184185186187188189190196 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,790 of 2987

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    That really felt like Lobdell just wanted to add a notch in Jason's bed post or something.
    Not necessarily.

I can't quite find a link for it right now, but if I recall correctly the introduction of Rose at the end of the new52 outlaws was initially due to plans to have Rose in the next iteration of Outlaws, supposing a past relationship would have explained some familiarity between the two without needing lengthy introductions as well as set up a base to expand on the relationship if that plan had gone through, but for whatever reason it didn't pan out, perhaps due to Roses inclusion in the DCYou Deathstroke series.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Yeah, at the time Lobdell's idea was to replace Kori and Roy with Rose and Crux but Daniels wanted to use Rose on his series so Lobdell had to scrap that idea and come up with Red hood Arsenal.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Not necessarily.

I can't quite find a link for it right now, but if I recall correctly the introduction of Rose at the end of the new52 outlaws was initially due to plans to have Rose in the next iteration of Outlaws, supposing a past relationship would have explained some familiarity between the two without needing lengthy introductions as well as set up a base to expand on the relationship if that plan had gone through, but for whatever reason it didn't pan out, perhaps due to Roses inclusion in the DCYou Deathstroke series.
    From what I remember her introduction involved her straddling Jason and mentioning how it reminded her of old times or something, right? I just remember how it was introduced that it felt like Lobdell was trying to add a notch in Jason's bed post rather than introduce Rose in a cool way. Given that it was Lobdell, who is a bit of a perv, it kind of just came off that way I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    From what I remember her introduction involved her straddling Jason and mentioning how it reminded her of old times or something, right? I just remember how it was introduced that it felt like Lobdell was trying to add a notch in Jason's bed post rather than introduce Rose in a cool way. Given that it was Lobdell, who is a bit of a perv, it kind of just came off that way I guess.
    Nah, yeah that was pretty much it, but I'm not arguing the quality of the initial interaction here, it was sexy playfighting/flirting, nothing substantial, however your comment was about it being intended as nothing more than a sexual conquest, when in actuality the intention was that it was to be expanded upon in another series. The series just never came to fruition, and thus unfortunately on page just became a random sexual encounter. Until perhaps now, I guess.
    Last edited by RedBird; 12-08-2020 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    And the costume is 100% based/inspired by Medri's design
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    The all-caste and the all-blades are my guess too. They seem to draw a lot from the new52-early Rebirth era for inspiration and foundations for the characters in the game, besides the Arkham games, I mean.
    It does seem all the more likely, though perhaps since the League has been pretty much confirmed with the Demons Head logo appearing in the initial teasers for the game alongside the Court of Owls, logo or faction symbols, the writers may also attempt to condense Jasons story and increase the League as an even more predominant element in his journey and give him additional abilities via the Lazarus pit waters instead, or he may have mystical abilities due to reviving from the dead, or maybe he'll have the All Blades, but they will be an ancient League weapon instead and the All Caste will be scrapped to save time and again to keep the League more relevant in story.

It does seem all the more likely, though perhaps since the League has been pretty much confirmed with the Demons Head logo appearing in the initial teasers for the game alongside the Court of Owls, logo or faction symbols, the writers may also attempt to condense Jasons story and increase the League as an even more predominant element in his journey and give him additional abilities via the Lazarus pit waters instead, or he may have mystical abilities due to reviving from the dead, or maybe he'll have the All Blades, but they will be an ancient League weapon instead and the All Caste will be scrapped to save time and again to keep the League more relevant in story.
    Merging the League and the All-Caste for cool dual swords with/and/or some self-healing buff is more likely, yeah.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I’m surprised the Jason/Rose thing has become as big as a thing as it has since they’ve had maybe a handful of interactions in the comics that I can think of.
    It works and won’t ever effect any kind of bat storyline

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    I'm not arguing about that one being better handled or anything. I'm just pointing out this not a novel development nor the first time this relationship has been alluded to in the comics. Personally, I don't like because I have never cared about Rose.
    I think it is mostly do to the TV show that it is so prominent now.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

I'm sensing a theme:

Teen Titans #47 (2007) (I just want to point out that there were both Jason Todd and Eddie Bloomberg in this issue - and these two didn't even interact. Instead we have Dick, Tim and Jason kicking each other in the balls. DC quality content. *facepalm*)

Red Hood and the Outlaws #39 (2015)

Dark Nights: Death Metal: The Last Stories of the DC Universe (2020)

It is kind of funny to see that both of them are on the same wavelength. I'm pretty sure Jason has made that same joke of 'You can't tell but I'm (making X facial expression here) under this hood' at least twice before, in Rhato v1 annual 2, and Rhato v2 Rebirth issue.

It is kind of funny to see that both of them are on the same wavelength. I'm pretty sure Jason has made that same joke of 'You can't tell but I'm (making X facial expression here) under this hood' at least twice before, in Rhato v1 annual 2, and Rhato v2 Rebirth issue.
    Yeah, nice little call back. They're practically perfect for each other.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Yeah, nice little call back. They're practically perfect for each other.
    Eh... This is my personal opinion, but they are the perfect formula for a disaster, with Rose's issues to deal with and Jason's isues to deal with. I can only see an emotional mess coming from it. Also, Rose can be very pushing lines with the killing people stuff. More than Jason. By a long stretch. I'm pretty against them pairing as a ship long term, but it could make for great melodrama, that's something I can agree with.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 12-10-2020 at 06:39 AM.

All-New Member

I know this isn't really on topic, but do you know if March solicitations will be released today or next week?
    Really anxious to find out who is going to be the next creative team in red hood

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Eh... This is my personal opinion, but they are the perfect formula for a disaster, with Rose's issues to deal with and Jason's isues to deal with. I can only see an emotional mess coming from it. Also, Rose can be very pushing lines with the killing people stuff. More than Jason. By a long stretch. I'm pretty against them pairing as a ship long term, but it could make for great melodrama, that's something I can agree with.
    Yeah I know.. I was a bit overzealous with that comment. I prefer to "ship" Jason with Artemis. And I'm not really "shipper" per se... relationships don't really matter to me unless they bring a character down.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trt-R5 View Post
    I know this isn't really on topic, but do you know if March solicitations will be released today or next week?
    Really anxious to find out who is going to be the next creative team in red hood
    They should come later today.