Page 19 of 200 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast

Shiva or Talia, could go either way on that.

Redhead I assume is Roy. The others, I don't know.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Red is more Shiva's color. She wears red and black tights in Young Justice and Superman/Batman Public Enemies, red Chinese vest in Arkham Origin, and what's especially similar is the tight metallic red suit tied with belts she wears in Hush. She also had a ponytail with reddish-brown hair then.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Judd Winick

"I can confirm that I’ll be writing a new, short, JASON TODD/RED HOOD story for this special anniversary issue."

I wasn't sure if his story was going to be a Robin Jason or Red Hood Jason story. I have my answer now.

Jason Fabok (reply to a question if Three Jokers is in continuity.)

"the problem with continuity (my two cents) is that it stifles you as a storyteller...and then is meaningless 2 months later when everything changes. All the best comics are self contained (DKR, Killing Joke). Our book is self contained, yet works in the greater DC continuity."

Winick is writing a new Red Hood story? I guess Robin anniversary is a must have to me, then.

And I definitely agree with Fabok. My favourite stories from DC are the ones that are self contained.
    “Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving.”
    – Dale Carnegie

For anybody interested: Here is the complete April 2020 solicitations list.
    For example, Joker and Catwoman will have an 80TH ANNIVERSARY issue.

And since it hasn't been posted before, here's the RH:O #45 variant by Philip Tan: Jason and a gargoyle, classic.

Jason Fabok's reply to the question "When can we expect Three Jokers to launch?":

"this year. Soon. We had a date...then changed it. But we feel we actually have a better release schedule now where we can keep a very high momentum and get you the books fast. For those on the ride, it'll be something we hope will be special. Like buying comics as a kid."

Also from the comment section: There'll probably be no variant covers. (source)

"Dont think there will be variant artists. I dont want a gimmick to sell these books like 10000 variants. Just want me, and my work to stand alone and do the selling because Im confident in it and the story. But If we did....Id want Brain Bolland to do a variant."

Fabok's comments are interesting. He even states at one point that other people at DC may want variants but they've decided to head on their own path.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

The more Fabok talks, the more I'm convinced that Three Jokers will be meaningless in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    Jason Fabok's reply to the question "When can we expect Three Jokers to launch?":

"this year. Soon. We had a date...then changed it. But we feel we actually have a better release schedule now where we can keep a very high momentum and get you the books fast. For those on the ride, it'll be something we hope will be special. Like buying comics as a kid."

Also from the comment section: There'll probably be no variant covers. (source)

"Dont think there will be variant artists. I dont want a gimmick to sell these books like 10000 variants. Just want me, and my work to stand alone and do the selling because Im confident in it and the story. But If we did....Id want Brain Bolland to do a variant."

Fabok's comments are interesting. He even states at one point that other people at DC may want variants but they've decided to head on their own path.
    I don't know about Johns, but at this point, it seems like Fabok is very, very invested in this book. That's cool, however if it ends being a book that I'll enjoy or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    The more Fabok talks, the more I'm convinced that Three Jokers will be meaningless in the long run.
    No matter if it ends being in continuity or not, if the book is good (and respectful to the characters enough to be accepted by fans), it will end in canon, eventually. Or affecting it. I always remember, in case like this, that The Killing Joke wasn't in continuity (I think it wasn't). And Miller's TDKR definitely affected the whole franchise, even if it isn't in cont. I'm not saying that this book is going to impact the Batman franchise like those two, but lesser works had done that to some degree, too.

Lesser works such as?

TKJ and DKR mark a turning point not just for Batman but for comic books in general, so those are kind of poor examples. And Johns' track record in the past few years has been pretty poor with the only book to have a somewhat lasting impact being Rebirth (and even then, most of it was thrown away by King, Bendis, and Snyder) so the odds aren't on their favor.

Lesser works such as?

TKJ and DKR mark a turning point not just for Batman but for comic books in general, so those are kind of poor examples. And Johns' track record in the past few years has been pretty poor with the only book to have a somewhat lasting impact being Rebirth (and even then, most of it was thrown away by King, Bendis, and Snyder) so the odds aren't on their favor.
    I was thinking of some elseworlds that tend to, I don't know, bleed to mainline works? Like that what if eartth in Marvel (It's Marvel in the 90's which it's kind of an stranger for me, so I'm not sure about names), the one with the May Parker Spidergirl, that I would say it's affecting Earth 616, even if it's because multiverse travelling. Or the "Old Man" whole mini-franchise, that, I know, it's an alternate future, but still, seems to have had some impact in the main MU. Those aren't big works, like TKJ or TDKR, but still left some mark.

To be honest, I'm not saying that 3 Jokers is going to impact the main DCU, but it could: every writer can have his hists (and lows), you cannot never say (after all, writing isn't a science, and art depends of a lot of factors). I'm not familiar enough with Johns work, but he seems to have a few works that people appreciates and remember. Maybe this one will be one like those, or maybe not.

What I'm saying is... Let's wait.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 01-18-2020 at 02:38 PM.

Meaningless in what sense? That Three Jokers won't be mentioned in RHatO?

Marcio Takara

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    [...]
    Was the following work the one you were talking about? The one with Stephanie time travelling and saving Jason: "Oops I did it again" by @youngjusticewriter (it's a series of short one-shots)
    [...]
    Yes, thank you. And thank you again for your other recommendations. "What Possesses You" literally made me cry and "Six Senses (And None of Them Common)" made me laugh.

Yes, thank you. And thank you again for your other recommendations. "What Possesses You" literally made me cry and "Six Senses (And None of Them Common)" made me laugh.
    You're welcome . I'm trying to make some time to reorganize those two post. I'll notify here when I'm done, reposting the links.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    You're welcome. I'm trying to make some time to reorganize those two post. I'll notify here when I'm done, reposting the links.
    Okay.
    I also still have to edit the OP (adding some information) but I can't find the time.

Instead I found some nice fanarts.

cawfee.doods

jmp_feisty

sistema_art

[QUOTE=Sergard;4790360]Meaningless in what sense? That Three Jokers won't be mentioned in RHatO?

I think this is what he means, but also the fact it won't have an impact on Jason's future/lore? Not sure though.

Meaningless in what sense? That Three Jokers won't be mentioned in RHatO?
    Meaningless in the sense it will be a story with no real impact over Jason's characterization and will remain as a footnote at best.