Page 191 of 200 FirstFirst ... 91141181187188189190191192193194195 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,865 of 2987

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
    Same here. I hope DC see the mistake that their making..
    I guess he could have something after the Zdarsky anthology (kinda like how you'd expect Aquaman will have something of his own down the line). However, I'm not counting on it, not in the near future anyways. It's not like he's a best-selling character iirc (which is partly why I'm bummed, as I can totally see why the sales weren't great considering the quality of his book).

Man, what a dissapointment. I know (I think?) many around here like Lobdell's run, but I really, really didn't. Except for the first few arcs of Rebirth, I found his work on RH incredibly mediocre or middling at best, especially during the New 52 days. I was so ready for a new ongoing with hopefully better quality and more interesting plot, but lol no.
    Last edited by CorDaytona; 12-18-2020 at 09:34 AM.

Amazing Member

Is their hope Zdarsky gets full time Red Hood solo after his run in Batman Urband Legends, somewhere in August?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    It seems like some stories will spin off to other books. Williamson is only writing two back-ups that start and end in March, there is no way he doesn't get another book of his own. So maybe the anthology with Red Hood will get him a new series after it ends.
    Honestly, if Williamson gets a new book, I think it is more possible Williamson will continue Damian story in the back-up.

After all, the back-up of Batman is a good promotion, so they could continue that.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    It seems like some stories will spin off to other books. Williamson is only writing two back-ups that start and end in March, there is no way he doesn't get another book of his own. So maybe the anthology with Red Hood will get him a new series after it ends.
    Oh, that's a good point, yeah! It'd be weird if he doesn't get anything else, limited or ongoing. So maybe, don't want to be hopeful though, just in case.

At least we got some excitement over Nightwing, finally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
    Is their hope Zdarsky gets full time Red Hood solo after his run in Batman Urband Legends, somewhere in August?
    That'd be a dream, but I don't know. Would he be able to tackle on two monthly ongoings plus the other stuff he's got? He's not getting off the DD train anytime soon, it seems.

I also think he might be a bit too high profile/sought-after these days for a character like Jason. But that's not to say it couldn't happen, especially if he likes him (really don't know).
    Last edited by CorDaytona; 12-18-2020 at 09:38 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CorDaytona View Post
    I guess he could have something after the Zdarsky anthology (kinda like how you'd expect Aquaman will have something of his own down the line). However, I'm not counting on it, not in the near future anyways. It's not like he's a best-selling character iirc (which is partly why I'm bummed, as I can totally see why the sales weren't great considering the quality of his book).

Man, what a dissapointment. I know (I think?) many around here like Lobdell's run, but I really, really didn't. Except for the first few arcs of Rebirth, I found his work on RH incredibly mediocre or middling at best, especially during the New 52 days. I was so ready for a new ongoing with hopefully better quality and more interesting plot, but lol no.
    Yeah. The sales weren't good, which seems to be a big problem.

I think Batgirl has better sales than Red Hood, but she seems to be relegated to supporting character in Batman, Nightwing and Joker (she seems to be the supporting character to Jim Gordon).

Extraordinary Member

Also no Aquaman, not Batgirl and no Justice League Dark, wondering if they might launch some titles a little bit later...

Astonishing Member

Oh, that's a good point, yeah! It'd be weird if he doesn't get anything else, limited or ongoing. So maybe, don't want to be hopeful though, just in case.

Honestly, I think it is a lot more possible than Williamson would continue in Damian's ongoing. After all, he seems to be promoting his back-up in Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Welp, no Red Hood on March solicits

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stori...18/dcmarch.htm
    Ugh. Seriously, these people doing questionable marketing. The character is rising among fans, he's coleading their next game and he's one if not the most popular character of the show they're releasing. This is what being blindmust be comercial wise.

Whatever. I guess I'll stick just to Chip's anthology story.

Of course, royalty will have their books. Of course.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 12-18-2020 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Honestly, if Williamson gets a new book, I think it is more possible Williamson will continue Damian story in the back-up.

After all, the back-up of Batman is a good promotion, so they could continue that.
    I know, that's why i said that maybe this anthology will get Red Hood a new series. I used Williamson as a example of writers that will surely get a new book, but not the Red Hood one.

These short stories seems to be about laying the groundwork for the upcoming books.
    Last edited by Drako; 12-18-2020 at 09:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Honestly, I think it is a lot more possible than Williamson would continue in Damian's ongoing. After all, he seems to be promoting his back-up in Batman.
    Oh, I know, I was talking about him not being in a long-running series as an indication that there'll be some more series launched down the coming months.

I don't know who would be tackling RH if that were to happen. Zdarsky would be amazing, but I'm not really not counting on it.

Seriously, the fact that Red Hood: Outlaw dropped the subtitle and had two unnecessary issues (enjoyed #51, so I'm not talking about the quality) is genuinely weird if they don't intend to continue his book in the very near future. Some other characters had clear cut endings or cancellations.

Quote Originally Posted by CorDaytona

Hmmm... I didn't post in Dicks thread because I fear to sound pesimistic. But I don't think it's going to be something I'll enjoy. Taylor can write fun things, but I suspect this is not going to be the kind of fun many of you expect. He has his... hum, his way of approaching drama and espectacularity that's very over the top. I know it sounds badly after these news with Jason. I like Dick, I like reading him, and this new book with Taylor... I feel wary towards it.

Fraction or any other writer who has had already a good output of suspense-with-fun is something I would've hoped for Dick.

I hope I'm wrong though, and Taylor surprises me or you guys there like the book. Also, he can't kill him if he's the lead, right?
    Last edited by Zaresh; 12-18-2020 at 09:58 AM. Reason: I'm an idiot who doesn't know how to quote

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Hmmm... I didn't post in Dicks thread because I fear to sound pesimistic. But I don't think it's going to be something I'll enjoy. Taylor can write fun things, but I suspect this is not going to be the kind of fun many of you expect. He has his... hum, his way of approaching drama and espectacularity that's very over the top. I know it sounds badly after these news with Jason. I like Dick, I like reading him, and this new book with Taylor... I feel wary towards it.

Fraction or any other writer who has had already a good output of suspense-with-fun is something I would've hoped for Dick.

I hope I'm wrong though, and Taylor surprises me or you guys there like the book. Also, he can't kill him if he's the lead, right?
    With the little (basically DCeased stuff and some Injustice iirc) I read of Taylor, I do agree with you.

However, I'd imagine he'd change his tune a little bit considering how different of a beast Nightwing stuff is. His words and the small preview gave me confidence.

All-New Member

There's a chance DC is pulling a "deathstroke" and put batman and red hood on the same comic to drive up sales and boost interest and then take him out and let the character support the book himself

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post

That sounds like a challenge.

Astonishing Member

Oh, I know, I was talking about him not being in a long-running series as an indication that there'll be some more series launched down the coming months.

I don't know who would be tackling RH if that were to happen. Zdarsky would be amazing, but I'm not really not counting on it.

Seriously, the fact that Red Hood: Outlaw dropped the subtitle and had two unnecessary issues (enjoyed #51, so I'm not talking about the quality) is genuinely weird if they don't intend to continue his book in the very near future. Some other characters had clear cut endings or cancellations.
    I suspect they don't cancel Red Hood book earlier, because Batman Urban Legends.

DC clearly want to use Jason in this anthology, since he is in a six part story (at least). I think that's the reason why they mantain Red Hood book.

Compare this with Barbara, which Batgirl book was canceled earlier. She is relegated to supporting character in Batfamily books.