Page 195 of 200 FirstFirst ... 95145185191192193194195196197198199 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,925 of 2987

Do you guys think they will ever have him date Artemis?

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    By the time Jason gets his own book again, we'll be happy just to have that.

They seem to be kinda pushing towards Rose and Jason as a couple tbh. Artemis I assume will be doing her own thing in WW-related stuff.

Unless Jason gets another solo, I can't see them even referencing his relationship with Artemis, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    That mega-chin though...
    Lmao, yeah, that's my only problem with the Jason design. Well, and the fact that he's essentially Capullo's Bruce.

Beyond that, I like the design even if my ideal Jason is Soy's:
    3fd0a50993f77fc55db0766e2fcd5c8d201895e1r1-2048-1280v2_00.jpg

Also, don't know what the opinion in this thread is regarding Jason having a white streak in his hair, but I like that. Helps him stand out from the other Robins, who usually end up looking very similar otherwise unless drawn together (and even then).

I don't love his Gotham Knights design however (nor the base outfit, the DCYou one is one my least favourite of his).

EDIT: speaking of the devil, some alternative skins for GK seen in some dev T-shirts.

Glad to see a hard material on Jason's mask. Dick's looking really armoured à la Arkham series.
    Last edited by CorDaytona; 12-19-2020 at 05:14 PM.

Incredible Member

I love these lines.

Last edited by gwhh; 12-19-2020 at 10:04 PM.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CorDaytona View Post
    Come to think of it, do we know what Joshua Williamson's red avatar is supposed to be?

I don't really follow him much, so I don't even if it has a meaning, was a tease or whatever. Damian's new look doesn't seem to have any red. I guess it could be another look in the future, another title or simply nothing, but my stupid mind tells me Red Hood even if it's not going to be that
    Could also be Red X or some Flash character. I know Red X will already appear in Titans Academy but maybe the character is getting a solo too.
    And, you know, after skimming through Dark Nights: Death Metal: The Last Stories of the DC Universe I don't think it's a bad thing if Joshua Williamson is not writing Red Hood.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    "ever" is a very flexible time frame, so probably. One day some writer will use the pairing once again. Maybe in main continuity if it still fits or in an alternate universe.
    In the near future? No. Jason is stuck in the bat franchise and Artemis has returned to the Wonder Woman franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by CorDaytona View Post
    They seem to be kinda pushing towards Rose and Jason as a couple tbh. Artemis I assume will be doing her own thing in WW-related stuff.

Unless Jason gets another solo, I can't see them even referencing his relationship with Artemis, sadly.
    Joshua Williamson mentioned on Twitter that he likes to write Jason and Rose together. But that's Future State and doesn't have to mean anything for main continuity.

[...]Also, don't know what the opinion in this thread is regarding Jason having a white streak in his hair, but I like that. Helps him stand out from the other Robins, who usually end up looking very similar otherwise unless drawn together (and even then).
    I like the white streak - as long as it isn't a) a consequence from the Lazarus pit (because that's nonsensical) or b) given to Jason in order to keep the Robins apart. If Jason has a white streak, the white streak should be purely about Jason - and not about Dick, Tim and Damian. So if DC ever wants to give Jason a white streak in main continuity then they have to come up with a complete new - and good(!) - story with 100% focus on Jason.

I don't love his Gotham Knights design however (nor the base outfit, the DCYou one is one my least favourite of his).
    I like the Gotham Knights design and the base outfit. With the thick vest it would be a great winter outfit/outfit for colder regions. My absolute favorite is still the Rebirth outfit though. New52 is good too without the mouth on the helmet. And you can never go wrong with the classic Red Hood from BUtRH.

EDIT: speaking of the devil, some alternative skins for GK seen in some dev T-shirts.

Glad to see a hard material on Jason's mask. Dick's looking really armoured à la Arkham series.
    Nice. Alternative skins. Give me more.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    Could also be Red X or some Flash character. I know Red X will already appear in Titans Academy but maybe the character is getting a solo too.
    And, you know, after skimming through Dark Nights: Death Metal: The Last Stories of the DC Universe I don't think it's a bad thing if Joshua Williamson is not writing Red Hood.
    You know, I've seen some people say it might be Clownhunter. I don't think it's a terrible guess. I suppose he could be a brand new character, although I imagine they'd want someone established for the surprise and all of that.

I can't say I've read much of his (that I can remember), so I don't really have an opinion. I'm curious about his Future State stuff with Jason at the very least (it's a bit tiring to have Jason be aligned with the bad guys, but it could be fun and it's not a concept I dislike by default). And yeah, his FS story will probably have no effect on whatever Red Hood will do in Infinite Frontier, but it seems like the whole FS deal won't simply be a "what-if" scenario and will have some ramifications in the overall continuity set in the present.

I like the white streak - as long as it isn't a) a consequence from the Lazarus pit (because that's nonsensical) or b) given to Jason in order to keep the Robins apart. If Jason has a white streak, the white streak should be purely about Jason - and not about Dick, Tim and Damian. So if DC ever wants to give Jason a white streak in main continuity then they have to come up with a complete new - and good(!) - story with 100% focus on Jason.
    I'm fine with it as long as it's not a Lazarus Pit product, yeah, his body should be as good as new. Say it's fucking stress or whatever lmao. On that note, I wonder about the story behind it in GK, as well as his scar. I'm honestly betting it'll have to do with his resurrection, but I guess the scar could be to show how harsh his Red Hood vigilante days are.

I like the Gotham Knights design and the base outfit. With the thick vest it would be a great winter outfit/outfit for colder regions. My absolute favorite is still the Rebirth outfit though. New52 is good too without the mouth on the helmet. And you can never go wrong with the classic Red Hood from BUtRH.
    Give me a cool leather jacket or nothing Honestly, though, I can't put my finger on what I don't love about his DCYou/GK base design, as I don't find it a bad design by any means.

In any case, his proportions I think could be toned down just a tiny little bit, mostly the upper torso. I like it when he's portrayed as a really muscular guy, but with a certain degree of stylization, instead of his Arkham series Batman-like shape. The helmet I straight-up dislike, don't like how small the eyes are and how it's made of cloth/a flexible material instead of metal or whatever.

Cool to have such a focus on alternative skins, from the sound of it. Beyond original stuff (like that shirt seems to show), the ones I'd be dissapointed if they're not in the game are the Rebirth suit (love how stylized it looks and the Metal Gear Solid-esque armour), the UtRH designs (both the movie and comic designs are great) and the Three Jokers' one (even if the Robin inspiration I'd like toned down a little bit).
    Last edited by CorDaytona; 12-21-2020 at 09:09 AM.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Well, the final issue wasn't that bad.

It still feel like Jason was a guest on his own book since the story was first and foremost about Martinbrough new characters with Jason being just a mean to tell their story, but Martinbrough grasp on Jason this issue was a lot stronger than the previous and much to my delight, it acknowledged Lobdell's run. We get a namedrop from the Outlaws and Croc and Jason are on pretty cordial terms, much like they were when they met during the Suicide Squad crossover. Jason and Bruce's relationship seems to have gone back to how it was before the whole Outlaw thing happened and that final page gives me hope for the Subzero ripoff having its time counted. It still sucks if this is the last we see of Jason in a solo series though but it was good send-off if that is the case.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Reading 51 & 52 does make me wish we had more shorter arcs sprinkled in the back half of the rebirth RHATO run. Wouldn't of minded a couple brief stories of Jason alone and dealing with the aftermath of issue 25 before moving on to the Underlife arc.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Reading 51 & 52 does make me wish we had more shorter arcs sprinkled in the back half of the rebirth RHATO run. Wouldn't of minded a couple brief stories of Jason alone and dealing with the aftermath of issue 25 before moving on to the Underlife arc.
    That was the intention, but Event Leviathan rushed everything.

Well, this may be the last Red Hood issue, and honestly despite the disadvantage it has of just being a filler arc, it was still quite a decent issue to close on.

Overall for the arc, there's some really good worldbuilding here, and though the shaping of the Hills identity here may have been helped partly due to it's spiritual predecessor, there's still plenty of new conflicts happening to make the location seem fresh and fully realised, even to new readers. A recent interview mentioned that this story had a partly classic Western approach to it, and it shows, it does feel like the kind of tale where a well meaning protagonist/Outlaw has walked right in the middle of a town with conflict. As a result, the warring factions here and especially the villains are given more time in the book to be fleshed out, but honestly for such a short arc, that's a fair trade to see a more fully realised world and setting. What little we do see of Jasons character is either innocuous or more so accurate to how he has been characterised in the Rhato series, so that was neat. Personally as a side note, whilst these more domestic elements are pleasant to read, I do miss a little of the brutality of the Red Hood, as it seems to be slipping further away from the character. Though I want to make it clear this isn't a criticism of this arc in particular, just a trend I've noticed.

I have to also mention the use of Killer Croc in this arc which I was initially sceptical of in issue #51 due to the presumed regression of him as a villain. No matter how good it was to see Croc in a stylish suit again, it wouldn't have been worth it to see the majority of his New52 characterisation of a more misunderstood and sympathetic character thrown out the window. Fortunately issue #52 brought more context to his role in the turf war, plus his interaction with Jason was still amiable and civil as it's always been in Rhato, Croc remains a morally ambiguous but relatively civil and understandable character.

As mentioned the ending is a neat send off. spoilers:
    Bruce watching over Jason was a nice touch. Plus him giving Jason a housewarming gift for his new apartment, was a nice and subtle way of essentially welcoming him back to Gotham.
    end of spoilers I'm hoping the strained relationship doesn't magically reform from just that, but regardless, let's see how long the truce lasts this time. XD

I still remain thoroughly confused as to why this series was pushed to #52 issues when most other titles that have been cancelled and don't appear to be returning ended at #50. I could understand if say the story and arcs for the series required two more issues to wrap up, however, adding more so to the confusion was the fact that issue #50 of Rhato saw the books long time writer leave and close off the series, if the intention was to cancel it, it would have been an absolutely appropriate time to end it at issue #50, it had already been wrapped up. Stretching it to another two issues just for filler feels needless. Granted the filler in question was enjoyable and also managed to have a nice ending to it, but regardless nothing that happened here feels all that necessary to kick off the new anthology story that is coming up and is supposedly continuing off from Rhato (especially since Tec already has Jason interacting with the Bats with no questions). It's made all the more obvious from the lack of a 'to be continued in' message at the end of the issue which is usually what would appear in these kinds of situations. The mixed messages of keeping this run going only two issues after it had already wrapped up implies that either there's more coming after/during the anthology, or sad to say, that the titles cancellation was really made at the last minute.

I have this hunch that the new anthology is in fact a 4 in 1 book. And Red Hood is going to be a regular. Outsaiders, too, I suspect. And they will follow the actual numbering of the series and being collected into trades under those, hum, legacy names and numbering.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    I have this hunch that the new anthology is in fact a 4 in 1 book. And Red Hood is going to be a regular. Outsaiders, too, I suspect. And they will follow the actual numbering of the series and being collected into trades under those, hum, legacy names and numbering.
    I agree with most of this, since I also suspect Red Hood will be a regular in the anthology.

However, I don't think Red Hood will have a solo in trades either. I think something like "Batman and Red Hood" is more likely for a trade.

After all, Batman will likely be a regular in most stories of this anthology too, since his name is in the title.

Amazing Member

I’m still a believer that Red Hood is gonna get is solo back after his anthology run.

Might be a wish, but i think it’s still a good bet. Red Hood is too much of a up and coming force and well like to be sideline.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
    I’m still a believer that Red Hood is gonna get is solo back after his anthology run.

Might be a wish, but i think it’s still a good bet. Red Hood is too much of a up and coming force and well like to be sideline.
    The are a good amount of popular characters outside comics that don't have a solo.

In the comics side, Red Hood doesn't seem so popular, since his comics doesn't usually have good sales. And popularity outside comics won't usually benefit comic sales.

Not to mention that Jason could still be an active member in comics even without a solo. For example: Jason being a regular in the anthologies.

I've already mentioned that Jason seems to be in better position than Barbara (although Batgirl comic usually sells better than Red Hood).

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I agree with most of this, since I also suspect Red Hood will be a regular in the anthology.

However, I don't think Red Hood will have a solo in trades either. I think something like "Batman and Red Hood" is more likely for a trade.

After all, Batman will likely be a regular in most stories of this anthology too, since his name is in the title.
    Hummm, I don't know. The name for the #52 was Red Hood alone, and that's a weird thing to change in the last issue of a series (an easy thing to change back to the original "and the outlaws", too, if they had decided that there won't be more just Red Hood series, too). The future state specials are also called Red Hood. And Batman's role in Urban Leyends story seems to be more secondary than Jason's; so I doubt he's going to be in folowing stories. Batman in the tittle of the antology seems to be a marketting choice. I mean, I wouldn't collect the trades, that are aimed to fans and followers of certain characters or teams, under another's character name, a name that throws as big a shadow as Batman's. Let's say I'm a fan of Black Canary (I'm not). I wouldn't mind reading an anthology for the Arrow fam (and if I were a casual reader, I would like to read one under the main chara's name. It would pick my curiosity, I think); but I don't think I would be interested in a "Green Arrow and Black Canary" so much, because... Dinah's story with Oliver and stuff, and she's a pretty independent member of the fam, as much as she's the on and off ship for Oliver.

That being said, I honestly think DC should list under just Red Hood everything after Under the Hood; Outlaws, Arsenal, Outlaw, everything. Not Under the Hood itself, because that's actually a Batman story.

Well, let's just hope our guesses aren't too off.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 12-22-2020 at 07:42 PM.