Page 196 of 200 FirstFirst ... 96146186192193194195196197198199200 LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,940 of 2987
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Hummm, I don't know. The name for the #52 was Red Hood alone, and that's a weird thing to change in the last issue of a series (an easy thing to change back to the original "and the outlaws", too, if they had decided that there won't be more just Red Hood series, too). The future state specials are also called Red Hood. And Batman's role in Urban Leyends story seems to be more secondary than Jason's; so I doubt he's going to be in folowing stories. Batman in the tittle of the antology seems to be a marketting choice. I mean, I wouldn't collect the trades, that are aimed to fans and followers of certain characters or teams, under another's character name, a name that throws as big a shadow as Batman's. Let's say I'm a fan of Black Canary (I'm not). I wouldn't mind reading an anthology for the Arrow fam (and if I were a casual reader, I would like to read one under the main chara's name. It would pick my curiosity, I think); but I don't think I would be interested in a "Green Arrow and Black Canary" so much, because... Dinah's story with Oliver and stuff, and she's a pretty independent member of the fam, as much as she's the on and off ship for Oliver.

That being said, I honestly think DC should list under just Red Hood everything after Under the Hood; Outlaws, Arsenal, Outlaw, everything. Not Under the Hood itself, because that's actually a Batman story.

Well, let's just hope our guesses aren't too off.
    As you say, Batman in the anthology is a marketing choice, but I think this make a "Batman and Red Hood" more likely.

Batman is a big seller. So, DC could find "Batman and Red Hood" has better opportunities to sell more in trade too.

Honestly, I think Red Hood fans who won't buy a comic where Jason has an important role because Batman is also in the title are likely in the minority.

Instead, the "complicated" relationship between Batman and Red Hood usually attract people, even although they aren't fans of Red Hood.

PS: Batman won't dissapear from "Batman: Urban Legends". Even if he has a secondary role, he will still likely be in most of these stories.
    Last edited by Konja7; 12-22-2020 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    As you say, Batman in the anthology is a marketing choice, but I think this make a "Batman and Red Hood" more likely.

Batman is a big seller. So, DC could find "Batman and Red Hood" has better opportunities to sell more in trade too.

Honestly, I think Red Hood fans who won't buy a comic where Jason has an important role because Batman is also in the title are likely in the minority.

Instead, the "complicated" relationship between Batman and Red Hood usually attract people, even although they aren't fans of Red Hood.

PS: Batman won't dissapear from "Batman: Urban Legends". Even if he has a secondary role, he will still likely be in most of these stories.
    Every time I look at my Lost Days trade I feel the Batman there in the begining of the tittle is so stupid, and meaningless, because it's not about Batman at all. Dumb marketing choice, imho. If I were a Batman fan I would feel lied to. And it does pisses me off a bit that the title has an unnecessary Batman.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 12-22-2020 at 08:14 PM.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Urban Legends is effectively, Batman the Brave & The Bold under a different name. The stories presented might swap the main protagonist role around but it is first and foremost a Batman book, assuming this book will have Jason in a relevant role after his arc is over is just setting yourself for disappointment.

As for the idea of the cancellation happening at the last minute, is pretty much impossible barring some specific and extraordinary circumstances (as in "the creative got involved in a scandal" type). Editorial has planned things in advance for at least three months and sometimes the planning goes as far as six months. Sure, sometimes things change here and there in the meantime but the general direction remains untouched.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I am kinda surprised it didn’t even get a “Next: Future Slate!” type of thing.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Urban Legends is effectively, Batman the Brave & The Bold under a different name. The stories presented might swap the main protagonist role around but it is first and foremost a Batman book, assuming this book will have Jason in a relevant role after his arc is over is just setting yourself for disappointment.

As for the idea of the cancellation happening at the last minute, is pretty much impossible barring some specific and extraordinary circumstances (as in "the creative got involved in a scandal" type). Editorial has planned things in advance for at least three months and sometimes the planning goes as far as six months. Sure, sometimes things change here and there in the meantime but the general direction remains untouched.
    They likely know the Red Hood solo won't return in March. I agree it wouldn't be cancellations at the last minute.

It is more likely they just don't want (or care) to mention the books are canceled. After all, it was a weird time, since Future State will happen after that.

It is also possible it was related to Jason being relevant in a six part arc (at least) of Batman Urban Legends.

PS: Aquaman comic doesn't have a FINAL ISSUE in November or December solicitations, but the comic seems to be cancelled (I've read rumores that there aren't plans for an ongoing in 2021).
    Last edited by Konja7; 12-23-2020 at 04:29 AM.

They might not have been sure. DC themselves are in transition, but they still needed books for shops to put on their selves. So they kept books going. But it could be a situation where they figured out Future State and then reevaluated what books they were going to put out. That being said RHatOs continual existence never made traditional sense.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 12-23-2020 at 12:05 PM.

There's some preview art of the Red Hood story in Batman: Urban Legend's in DC COONNECT #8

https://www.dccomics.com/reader/#/comics/467121

Page 8.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    There's some preview art of the Red Hood story in Batman: Urban Legend's in DC COONNECT #8

Page 8.
    Looks real good!

Imagine if we would have a Red Hood solo by Zdarksy and Barrows! Holy cow!!

Page 8.
    Art doesn't excite me exactly. I don't like the art style, but I already knew I wasn't going to like it when I read who the artist was (Barrows is so not my cup of tea). I'm in on this one for the writer, to be honest.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Red Hood #52 was nice. I enjoyed this little filler arc for what it was. It was also the last story I was looking forward to.

Batman group editor Ben Abernathy calls Batman: Urban Legends a Bat-Family anthology (interview). My personal guess: Jason is only there for this six-issue-story - and after that some other bat-family character will take the spotlight for a few issues and so on.

Also from the interview:

[...]Fair enough! You mentioned that in Batman and Detective there are going to be stories about Robin. Are these stories exclusively about Damian Wayne?

Abernathy: Yep! The backups in March are all about Damian. It connects directly with what's been going on with him. Tim Drake is featured in the Future State: Robin Eternal book, and reminds folks of why Tim Drake is such a great character. Let's just say that Tim is not forgotten! We have active plans for just about any core character you can name.
    Would have been nice to know who is and who isn't considered a core character.
    Last edited by Sergard; 12-23-2020 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    Red Hood #52 was nice. I enjoyed this little filler arc for what it was. It was also the last story I was looking forward to.

Batman group editor Ben Abernathy calls Batman: Urban Legends a Bat-Family anthology (interview). My personal guess: Jason is only there for this six-issue-story - and after that some other bat-family character will take the spotlight for a few issues and so on.

Also from the interview:

Would have been nice to know who is and who isn't considered a core character.
    Will I finally get a Batman and Batgirls team-up story?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    I don't understand why or how this point about a three month plan negates a last minute cancellation.
    And to be clear by last minute, I'm referring to a cancellation made sometime after the decision of another 2 issue arc, and that's about it. Even the reveal in solicitations for issue #51 were all the way back in August, and we can only presume the new creative team was already on board way before that, whilst the public were just receiving announcements. So logically, even before August, there were plans to continue past issue #50, fast forward to December where ahead of us there is the two month gap that future state has created and three months from now, there doesn't seem to be a continuation in March. Not saying it's a guarantee, we're all just theorising here of course, but I don't think it's all that improbable that there was a change of plans in between all that time, especially when DC is already going through a shake up.

The alternative here (beyond a doubtful April solicit reveal or post anthology reveal) is that the book was actually intended to have exactly #52 issues and no more, despite most other books ending at #50, despite the main writer leaving at #50, and despite everything in story already wrapping up at #50. A whole new creative team was brought on board for a two issue filler arc to cap off a series that could have more easily and appropriately ended two issues ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Will I finally get a Batman and Batgirls team-up story?
    Fingers crossed
    Last edited by RedBird; 12-24-2020 at 03:40 AM.

Still, I’d like to think it’s a good sign that we are guaranteed to still have new Jason stories for (at least) the next 8 months. Means they must have some sort of game plan for the character otherwise they would of just stuck him in limbo.

Astonishing Member

Still, I’d like to think it’s a good sign that we are guaranteed to still have new Jason stories for (at least) the next 8 months. Means they must have some sort of game plan for the character otherwise they would of just stuck him in limbo.
    I also hope DC has future plans for Jason.

That said, I don't think that Jason having stories for the next 8 months means DC has already a game plan now.

Jason has become a popular and recognizable character (especially outside comics). So, DC will try to mantain the character active.

However, it is possible he ends up as a regular in the anthology. Or a supporting character in other batbooks (like Barbara).
    Last edited by Konja7; 12-24-2020 at 04:33 AM.

Incredible Member

a storyline of him and Supergirl would be a better story line. I would love to see Superman and Batman reaction with there relationships.

I love black mask train of logic here!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8L3U73Ia9Y

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Do you guys think they will ever have him date Artemis?
    Last edited by gwhh; 12-25-2020 at 08:05 PM.