Page 198 of 200 FirstFirst ... 98148188194195196197198199200 LastLast
Results 2,956 to 2,970 of 2987
    Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Found an interesting Jason and Roy fanfic. Normally I go for the Rebirth Outlaws, but this time, it makes sense. Else they would be too OP;

https://archiveofourown.org/works/27...pters/67138723

The boys, while Starfire is doing something else, get warped into the Star Wars Clone Wars series (season 5 or 6), and get found by Obi Wan and his forces. Pretty interesting so far, even includes the All-Blades. 10 chapters posted too.
    I've put it on my reading list. At least there are still fanfics to enjoy. Thank you for the recommendation.

fishtre

The helmet visor of the first design looks a little like the Red Hood logo - and I generally like the idea of putting a character's logo somewhere else instead of on the chest. (Chest logos are a little old-fashioned.) The logo doesn't even have to be part of the outfit. It could be on a weapon - or if the character is super-powered, then the logo could even be the form of an attack. There are so many options to explore.
    Last edited by Sergard; 12-28-2020 at 02:45 PM.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Death Metal is such a horrible trainwreck that I'm glad Jason was ignored through most of it besides some meaningless cameos.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    I've put it on my reading list. At least there are still fanfics to enjoy. Thank you for the recommendation.

fishtre

The helmet visor of the first design looks a little like the Red Hood logo - and I generally like the idea of putting a character's logo somewhere else instead of on the chest. (Chest logos are a little old-fashioned.) The logo doesn't even have to be part of the outfit. It could be on a weapon - or if the character is super-powered, then the logo could even be the form of an attack. There are so many options to explore.
    Yeah, the logo visor is pretty good. But the rest of the helmet/color scheme just doesn't quite fit.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Yeah, the logo visor is pretty good. But the rest of the helmet/color scheme just doesn't quite fit.
    Too much black?

I was gonna say that for a future Jason I'd have love something more in the line of Red Ronin, by Dexter Soy. Maybe with a proper jacket. Love the Gray Fox vibes he's got:
    EE7H4-BXsAY2GZ6.jpg

EE7H8coWsAACxIO.jpg

And speaking of Soy: https://twitter.com/dextersoy/status...076099/photo/1

He really seems to love the character, and I adore his artstyle and designs, so I hope he gets to draw him again sooner than later.

Re: RH #52, it was fun to read too. You can clearly see how they told Martinbrough not to do anything crazy with Jason (he's mostly a guest) and it's too short to amount to anything too meaningful, but I enjoyed the more grounded vibe (don't really like Jason's intergalactic/mystic adventures) and that ending with Batman.

The present is most assuredly never going to be shown, but it'd be cool if it were a new outfit now that he's not an outlaw He's sadly still wearing the MK getup in Urban Legends, though. I enjoy its street brawler vibes (when drawn by certain artists), but it has really overstayed its welcome and there's nothing like leather/bomber jacket RH. I also dislike him having a hood constantly up (ironic, I know) and find him looking cooler like how Mora drew him in this cover:
    REDHOTO_Cv52.jpg

This is his absolute best look during his Outlaw arc, though.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

If Jason is ever portrayed as a mob boss again (for whatever reason), he should definitely keep the suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    If Jason is ever portrayed as a mob boss again (for whatever reason), he should definitely keep the suit.
    I'd honestly loved to have him tackling on gangs head on outside of Gotham and across the world, for the sake of change and new opportunities. The Prince of Gotham arc was very unfocused, rushed and didn't know what it wanted to be (might have been due to some editorial mandate, idk), but I liked the concept of Jason Todd being a public figure as Bruce's protegee and dealing with shady business on the side.

In any case, I'm on issue 16 of Zdarsky's DD and, while it's a shame it's only for six issues, I'm super excited to see what he does with Jason. Really loving what he's doing with Matt and Hell's Kitchen. He really has a grasp of grittier, grounder stories and characters, which is why I'd like for RH to focus on in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Too much black?
    Probably so.

Quote Originally Posted by CorDaytona View Post
    I'd honestly loved to have him tackling on gangs head on outside of Gotham and across the world, for the sake of change and new opportunities. The Prince of Gotham arc was very unfocused, rushed and didn't know what it wanted to be (might have been due to some editorial mandate, idk), but I liked the concept of Jason Todd being a public figure as Bruce's protegee and dealing with shady business on the side.

In any case, I'm on issue 16 of Zdarsky's DD and, while it's a shame it's only for six issues, I'm super excited to see what he does with Jason. Really loving what he's doing with Matt and Hell's Kitchen. He really has a grasp of grittier, grounder stories and characters, which is why I'd like for RH to focus on in the future.
    I do wish the Prince of Gotham arc replaced Generation.: Outlaw as the YOTV tie-in. Jason taking advantage of resources freely given to him by Lex to dismantle a larger criminal organizations around the globe would’ve been a lot of fun. Kind of what Lobdell did in RH:O 34 (I think) but better executed.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I do wish the Prince of Gotham arc replaced Generation.: Outlaw as the YOTV tie-in. Jason taking advantage of resources freely given to him by Lex to dismantle a larger criminal organizations around the globe would’ve been a lot of fun. Kind of what Lobdell did in RH:O 34 (I think) but better executed.
    Man, I found the Generation: Outlaw stuff so dull and uninteresting that I honestly had forgotten about it. Really, after Prince of Gotham, the run became a blur to me that I read by pure inertia (like N52 and DCYou RH), a shame after an enjoyable first few arcs. `

The YotV tie-in being what you say sounds so much more interesting than what we got, apart from making a lot of sense coming from the Iceberg Lounge thing. The trip to Paris was cool and I wanted more of that and not whatever Jason being a tutor was.

From the same artist. I found the 2nd funny and I posted it too.

Attachment 103670

Attachment 103669

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Any wishes or suggestions for the first post in the upcoming Appreciation 2021 thread?
    I don't think it's of any use to list Jason's family, friends and enemies because they won't probably play a role next year.
    Last edited by Sergard; 12-30-2020 at 04:14 PM.

Any wishes or suggestions for the first post in the upcoming Appreciation 2021 thread?
    I don't think it's of any use to list Jason's family, friends and enemies because they won't probably play a role next year.
    I don't know. Probably updating the upcoming stuff with Zdarsky mini and the supporting role in Harley Queen's side story for White Knight; and maybe adding other media, like the TV Show and the Gotham Knights game. And figures and statues too, because I think a lot of thread mates are really interested in them.

I’d keep the family and friends list, though I would shorten the friends list to just the big 4.
    Last edited by Arsenal; 12-30-2020 at 05:02 PM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

If we want to match it with what we know is going to be published, like for example, we know he's in Gotham, that he will have a clash of sorts with the Batfam in Future State and Bruce in the mini, then start with a recap of that relationship.

The recap of the development of Jason's relationship with the relevant Batfam members leading up to that point. Also what he's been doing when he's in Gotham and how he feels about the city.

After that, once the story's out, we can complain if what they portray doesn't match ^^