Page 21 of 200 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121 ... LastLast
    Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

DC First Look: DCEASED: UNKILLABLES #1

The preview only shows Deathstroke but it's still nice. I'm really looking forward to Unkillables.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kaimaciel View Post
    I just read issue 42 and all I gotta say is Artemis and Jason need to stop lying about their feelings and just be honest for each other �� overall good issue.
    It read to me more like Lobdell admitting it's probably going to happen but he doesn't really want to write about them, so instead of just shutting it down, he's setting it aside to be something he ends on or just leaves for the next writer to handle. Honestly? Pretty nice of him considering I've heard he doesn't really ship the two.

I appreciate Jason's comments on Wally. It was a good issue. I've jumped back onboard once the Dark Trinity returned and minor complaints aside (why is Artemis shorter than Jason?!) it's been good to have Jason, Artemis and Bizarro back in my pull list.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    It read to me more like Lobdell admitting it's probably going to happen but he doesn't really want to write about them, so instead of just shutting it down, he's setting it aside to be something he ends on or just leaves for the next writer to handle. Honestly? Pretty nice of him considering I've heard he doesn't really ship the two.

I appreciate Jason's comments on Wally. It was a good issue. I've jumped back onboard once the Dark Trinity returned and minor complaints aside (why is Artemis shorter than Jason?!) it's been good to have Jason, Artemis and Bizarro back in my pull list.
    I sort of feel the same however I do think that he will explore the relationship further in later issues because how could he not? The chemistry that they have is to undeniable for it to be put off to the side entirely however I do understand that he wants to write a whole story and not a romance lol. But I think that he changed his mind on the pairing due to the editorial staff and maybe he just he grew to love it like some of the fan base. I really liked his writing on this issue because it really showed so much between the two. But my hunch is that he won't drop the ball with this.

All-New Member

I don't know why she is shorter than Jason, maybe the artist chose to make her shorter so she didn't appear to be as dominant as she was before? Perhaps aesthetically it looks better as a couple although I disagree. Did the other dimension alter her powers and her height? Find out on the next episode of Dragon Ball Z lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tomar8989 View Post
    I don't know why she is shorter than Jason, maybe the artist chose to make her shorter so she didn't appear to be as dominant as she was before? Perhaps aesthetically it looks better as a couple although I disagree. Did the other dimension alter her powers and her height? Find out on the next episode of Dragon Ball Z lol
    I think that every artist draws almost every character as they feel like, to some degree. Sometimes, they don't even stick to a costume design at all (look at current Tim Drake mess, for example). I think it all depends on how much freedom they have from editors and editorial lines. In this case, the penciler probably felt that Artemis was slighly shorter than Jason. Instead of being as tall as him, and definitely leaner than she was before.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    I think that every artist draws almost every character as they feel like, to some degree. Sometimes, they don't even stick to a costume design at all (look at current Tim Drake mess, for example). I think it all depends on how much freedom they have from editors and editorial lines. In this case, the penciler probably felt that Artemis was slighly shorter than Jason. Instead of being as tall as him, and definitely leaner than she was before.
    I agree and did you read the chapter? If so what is your opinion of it. Have not really heard anyone really touch on it today

Quote Originally Posted by Tomar8989 View Post
    I agree and did you read the chapter? If so what is your opinion of it. Have not really heard anyone really touch on it today
    It's a trasitional issue. It's what I was expecting: slow paced, centered around Jason and Artemis. I even got some time for seing some emotional closures, like the one about the letters and the one about Roy. They didn't exactly close the ship, but I wasn't expecting that to be resolved. And we got a glance to the next conflicts: Essence in her sword in that safe, and the kids trying to be bad guys.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    I think that every artist draws almost every character as they feel like, to some degree.
    Heigts often really depend on the artists. If you go by the official stats Jason and Artemis should be iirc the same height (6'0'') and Bizzaro shouldn't that much taller (6'3'').

as long as the characterization is good, Height and stuff doesn't really bother me all that much.

One question about yesterday's issue. How did Jason know Artemis was also lying?

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    as long as the characterization is good, Height and stuff doesn't really bother me all that much.

One question about yesterday's issue. How did Jason know Artemis was also lying?
    Guy was trained by Bruce, Talia, the All-Caste, and League of Assassins. He probably checks to see if someone is lying like other people breathe.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

You can usually tell when someone's into you when you're kissing them, especially if they've been away for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    You can usually tell when someone's into you when you're kissing them, especially if they've been away for a long time.
    yeah true. I really wonder what will happen between them now.

Only concern I have is that after Lobdell whoever takes over Red Hood after him (which will happen eventually - probably sooner rather than later) that they will split the outlaws up and destroy all Jason's relationships.

yeah true. I really wonder what will happen between them now.

Only concern I have is that after Lobdell whoever takes over Red Hood after him (which will happen eventually - probably sooner rather than later) that they will split the outlaws up and destroy all Jason's relationships.
    So, no to Morrison and hell no to Bendis.

I think we still have a few more months of Lobdell (until #50), at least. I doubt Morrison or Bendis would sign for a Red Hood book; too little of a name and sales, and DC probably wants them in bigger books to maximise profit. But other writers would, I think. The character is pretty interesting, and has a wide range of genres that you can write hin on. And you don't need to read a ton of previous books to know what he's been doing before, his relationships, etc.

Well, in my opinion, at least.

Agreed. Jason/Red Hood appeals to a broad spectrum of both old & new readers.