Page 27 of 200 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    It was established that Jason was alive to the public back when he was running the Iceberg Lounge. He was even interviewed about it in that arc.
    We even got Alfred and Bruces' reactions to that so it makes no sense that he was forbidden for ID reasons. I'm hoping this actually addresses the issues with the family and doesn't ignore them.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by E.Marie View Post
    Not going to lie, I'm not that excited about the controversy. Especially since I feel like I know what it will be about.

As for the figures, I'd rather have a set of the Robins (Dick, Jason, Tim, Steph and Damian) in their uniforms. I'd love to see the current Jason uniform get made.
    Sadly that's a lost opportunity for the Robin 80th Anniversary.

I'd like to have a set of Jason, Artemis and Bizarro (current design with the beard).
    I've recently seen an incredibly awesome 3D printing of Artemis (source: Victor Kallahan). Even Dexter Soy retweeted the pictures.

Last edited by Sergard; 02-09-2020 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    Sadly that's an lost opportunity for the Robin 80th Anniversary.

I'd like to have a set of Jason, Artemis and Bizarro (current design with the beard).
    I've recently seen an incredibly awesome 3D printing of Artemis
    Yeah, I don't understand the lack of marketing especially from DCC. Maybe McFarlane will make them but I'm still not sold on that line yet. Mezco said they weren't going to make Robins awhile back and that's one of the most requested figures. Either the characters as Robin or older ones like Nightwing and Red Hood.

I'd love a new Artemis figure and a Outlaws line up in the Dexter Soy style would be ideal.

I love that Artemis statute.

Sadly that's an lost opportunity for the Robin 80th Anniversary.

I've recently seen an incredibly awesome 3D printing of Artemis (source: Victor Kallahan). Even Dexter Soy retweeted the pictures.

Woah! This one is pretty nice. I wouldn't mind her in my selves, and I'm not even a fan. It's just that cool.
    (Nice to see that she doesn't wear high heels or something. I hate heels)

I reread some of the "Exploring the Time Lab" blog entries and I enjoyed them very much because the writer seems to put a lot of time and effort into analyzing characters and stories.

The most recent one is Unanswered Questions of the Hieve El Agua Plot.

The writer has also a little The Problems with the Bat Family series:
    Part 1 (Bruce, Alfred, Dick)
    Part 2 (Barbara and Tim)
    Part 3 (Jason and Damian)

And if someone is interested, here's the review on RH:O #42.

JJMK has posted a new fanart and it's - like always - beautiful (reference to Titans season 2):

JJMK has posted a new fanart and it's - like always - beautiful (reference to Titans season 2):

I do wonder what direction they'll go with Jason in season 3. Especially since he's basically on his own now. And he's always a scene stealer as well. Will we see Red Hood? Or will they make the popular fan theory true by making Jason into Red X?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I do wonder what direction they'll go with Jason in season 3. Especially since he's basically on his own now. And he's always a scene stealer as well. Will we see Red Hood? Or will they make the popular fan theory true by making Jason into Red X?
    It could go either way.
    There's a Red Hood series rumored but that series could take place on a different earth.
    If they want to keep Curran Walters' Jason in the Titans series then Red X would probably be a better choice, in my opinion.

Sadly that's a lost opportunity for the Robin 80th Anniversary.

I love this so much. Artie looks especially bad ass here, which is fitting.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I've reached a point where I'm slightly optimistic about 5G. As long as I get my monthly dose of RHatO with the Dark Trinity and Jason caring for the kids I'm cool.

5G could be a chance to finally escape all these story flow destroying events and tie-ins.

Dexter Soy

Old (almost forgotten) sketch of Red Hood and friends

source (art by alejandramaria247 )

Is this real? (source)

ARKHAM! Shout to @jwmp_show for the heads up, Japan’s Wonder Festival gives us a look at the upcoming ARKHAM KNIGHT @flametoys_staff figure from the Batman Video games. Roughly 7.5in and having elements of die cast, look for more info in this upcoming figure as it becomes available.

I've reached a point where I'm slightly optimistic about 5G. As long as I get my monthly dose of RHatO with the Dark Trinity and Jason caring for the kids I'm cool.

5G could be a chance to finally escape all these story flow destroying events and tie-ins.
    I'm kind of optimistic too, if they get to pull some advance for certain characters that would let them grow, open their progression to new stories and conflicts. And I know it's not going to last more than 5 years so, whatever. I might not going to read Batman, but I may read Superman, for example. Or any other new character if the writer is of my like.

But to be fair, I was indifferent to the idea to begin with. I just though it could bomb too easily. And still think. I don't think people will buy a new Batman that almost no-one expects to take into the mantle, but they may if they keep Bruce around, a la Beyond. I had problems with Damian being Luke's Robin, and Jon bein Supes; but I think rumours and hints are pointing to Damian graduating from the R and Jon being de-aged to be aged naturally again alongside the others? That, I think it may work. I can see the other working to some degree. Kind of feels like the 90's or the second half of the 00's. And they seem to still be publishing contemporary 4G stories, so there's a bit for everyone. And I kind of like that. I'm not confident it will last or amount to anything in the end, but, eh, let'ˇs see how it works.

And we may find out if Jason gets old or not, or if he's immortal, or whatever. You know, those unlikely, crazy theories we all have read at some point

I'm still pessimistic about 5G. I'm not against the old cast of the JL retiring or taking a backseat for awhile (though not exactly happy with the direction the Super line has taken in recent times), but shoving in characters people don't expect? And subverting expectations just for the sake of it?

Not a fan of it. Subversion isn't a bad thing, when done right. But it doesn't feel like its done right with this.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Jason is one of the options in the "DC's sexiest men: Hunk Edition" poll of DC Universe

https://www.dcuniverse.com/news/poll...-week-2-hunks/

I reread some of the "Exploring the Time Lab" blog entries and I enjoyed them very much because the writer seems to put a lot of time and effort into analyzing characters and stories.

The most recent one is Unanswered Questions of the Hieve El Agua Plot.

The writer has also a little The Problems with the Bat Family series:
    Part 1 (Bruce, Alfred, Dick)
    Part 2 (Barbara and Tim)
    Part 3 (Jason and Damian)

And if someone is interested, here's the review on RH:O #42.
    I honestly wonder how can anyone unironically believe that Dick is struggling because DC is afraid of him "outshining" Batman. I mean, come on. The reason why he is struggling is the same reason why every other character does too which is because writers don't have the right pitch for them. It's not a conspiracy nor some kind of agenda aganist him or anyone else.

And seeing the theories about Wills reminded with how disappointed I was with how Lobdell handled the plot. Issue 23 is still to me the best issue he wrote in his 10 years with Red Hood and it's a shame how it went nowhere.
    “Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving.”
    – Dale Carnegie