Page 29 of 200 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129 ... LastLast

That reminds me of another story Tynion did, the Batman #0 back up I think. It showed Dick, Jason, Tim and Barbara on the night the New 52 bat signal was first turned on. While everyone else is either hopeful or heroic Jason gets peer pressured into robbing a store with his so-called friend. He screws up, his partner in crime kills a woman and then Jason beats him up.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by E.Marie View Post
    That reminds me of another story Tynion did, the Batman #0 back up I think. It showed Dick, Jason, Tim and Barbara on the night the New 52 bat signal was first turned on. While everyone else is either hopeful or heroic Jason gets peer pressured into robbing a store with his so-called friend. He screws up, his partner in crime kills a woman and then Jason beats him up.
    That's by far the thing I hate the most of Tynion's take on Jason. He always writes him like a weak-willed guy that can't take decisions on his own and needs to be told what to do.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by E.Marie View Post
    You will find lots of similar stuff in Batfamily stories like the Eternals or Robin War.

Examples were Jason is shown to be competent on the other hand are super rare in those stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    You will find lots of similar stuff in Batfamily stories like the Eternals or Robin War.

Examples were Jason is shown to be competent on the other hand are super rare in those stories.
    Which hurts a little, because people has to remember that he put Bruce in a pinch in UtH, for example. And I don't want to bring The Cult again, but he was the one who held Bruce when he was lost there. He's very, very competent. He just isn't Mister Perfect Score, and that helps in making him him relatable.

But him failing here and there isn't a bad thing itself. Here and there, occasionally. Not always, much less to let others show off, which seems to be what usually happens.

I still don't think that his flashback showed him as weak, though. It was meant to show that Alfred was always there to help him. Finding yourself in a mess could happen any time for a vigilante, in my opinion, no matter how good you are. And then, we don't know if Jason could have freed himself without help: he probably could, but Alfred just arrived before that.

I mean, I think the issue wasn't good, but that wasn't a thing I personally really had a problem with.

Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I was just reading that article and thinking the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    He had a few guest appearances in NTT about the time COIE happened (he showed up twice, I think?). Technically, he would be, even if he didn't have a team himself, or lasted long. I'm guessing this could be addressed actually, and he would be more a guest character and not a Titan.

And he has had a significative friendship (or companionship more so in the case of Donna) with two or three titans: Kori, Roy and Donna. So, there's that too.

Huh. I may check this one out (or maybe not. It's one of those that don't release as digital copies, right?).
    Last edited by Zaresh; 02-13-2020 at 10:18 AM.

Yeah, no digital edition, but it should eventually be reprinted in a format that does - the new material from the previous Titans Giant run was reprinted as Titans: Burning Rage.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Yeah, no digital edition, but it should eventually be reprinted in a format that does - the new material from the previous Titans Giant run was reprinted as Titans: Burning Rage.
    Tsk, I guess I just need to wait them. I doubt this is going to be published here, and I don't know if I'm interested enough to purchase a physical copy by Book Depository (if they sell it to Europe, which is something I don't know either)

(Thanks for the info, btw)

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Jason looks hilariously out of place in that cover. Nice art though.

I don't think Jason appears in the issue. Since his face picture isn't listed there with the others, but I dunno.

I wonder if it was meant to be Roy or Wally originally there on the cover, but they had to switch them out because Roy is dead and Wally is in a different universe now. Although you figure they would have used Garth if that was the case.

Extraordinary Member

Since when is Red Hood a Titan?
    He is in the live action show.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I don't think Jason appears in the issue. Since his face picture isn't listed there with the others, but I dunno.

I wonder if it was meant to be Roy or Wally originally there on the cover, but they had to switch them out because Roy is dead and Wally is in a different universe now. Although you figure they would have used Garth if that was the case.
    He's holding a gun. I think that redrawing a character into a different one can be quite hard, and you would notice if the changed the pose that much. I'm pretty confident this is how the cover was meant to be from the start, unlike what happened with Dick for Kyle in Titans a year ago (or two? How long has it been?). Besides, Roy's been dead for long and Wally has been traveling the multiverse for six months too. I don't think this cover was commisioned so long ago \o/.

Now, Roy being the reason why Jason is there, as an actual reason to put him in the stories with the NTT's cast... Maybe that's what's happening here.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    He's holding a gun. I think that redrawing a character into a different one can be quite hard, and you would notice if the changed the pose that much. I'm pretty confident this is how the cover was meant to be from the start, unlike what happened with Dick for Kyle in Titans a year ago (or two? How long has it been?). Besides, Roy's been dead for long and Wally has been traveling the multiverse for six months too. I don't think this cover was commisioned so long ago \o/.

Now, Roy being the reason why Jason is there, as an actual reason to put him in the stories with the NTT's cast... Maybe that's what's happening here.
    And Jason is also friends with Starfire.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    And Jason is also friends with Starfire.
    That too. His links with Dick, Donna, Kori and Roy make for a credible reason to show up there, I think.