Page 31 of 200 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181131 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I don't think Jason appears in the issue. Since his face picture isn't listed there with the others, but I dunno.

I wonder if it was meant to be Roy or Wally originally there on the cover, but they had to switch them out because Roy is dead and Wally is in a different universe now. Although you figure they would have used Garth if that was the case.
    It's alternate universe (all Giants are, except for Batman's which featured Jinny Hex's debut), so they could've used Arsenal or Wally if they wanted to.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    Red Hood: Outlaw #43 - finalized cover

You know, one of the things that I like more about these covers is that they look old fashioned, with those ballons. I love them, and they make the book stand out a little. It's charming.

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    If Bizarro and Artemis are back, why hasn't the book gone back to it's original title?
    Marketing. It takes some time to change that, and I think this arc is probably be the last one before we have yet another soft-relaunch. Or maybe they will end the run and start to release limited and minis.

Didn't know about the alternative universe thing. Interesting.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 02-14-2020 at 04:49 AM.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

DC Comics MAY 2020 Solicitations are out.

RED HOOD: OUTLAW #46
    written by SCOTT LOBDELL
    art and cover by PAOLO PANTALENA
    variant cover by PHILIP TAN
    Red Hood, Artemis, and Bizarro have their hands full—and until now they thought the biggest problem they had to face was the uprising of the Untitled during the political protests in Qurac! They’re about to learn this ancient race might very well be the lesser of two evils when the Outlaws square off against one of the oldest and most dangerous threats in all the DC Universe! (We’re not kidding—we know better than to say his name out loud! Yeah, he’s that scary!)
    Meanwhile, Artemis has united with Mistress—but at what price? Bizarro meets...his mother? And Jason is forced to choose between Essence and Isabel if he’s going to defeat the Untitled once and for all!
    ON SALE 05.27.20
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | DC
    This issue will ship with two covers.

RED HOOD: OUTLAW VOL. 3: GENERATION OUTLAW TP
    written by SCOTT LOBDELL
    art by R.B. SILVA, TOM DERENICK, and others
    cover by V KEN MARION
    Leave it to Red Hood to get Lex Luthor’s strangest offer of all: to train the next generation of super-villains! But has Jason Todd fallen so far that he’d take on the task of forging tomorrow’s Legion of Doom or Crime Syndicate—or is he trying to undermine Lex’s machinations? Will the kids of Generation Outlaw trust Jason Todd, and will they ultimately prove to be the end of his old teammates? It’s all been leading to this showdown between the Outlaws and the New Outlaws! Collects Red Hood: Outlaw #37-41.
    ON SALE 06.24.20
    $16.99 US | 152 PAGES
    FC | ISBN: 978-1-77950-252-0
    Last edited by Sergard; 02-14-2020 at 01:11 PM.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Huh, none of those artists listed in the TP worked on those issues.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

I'm glad that RED HOOD: OUTLAW #46 isn't a "Joker War" tie-in like Batgirl #47.

I've found another First Look on RH:O #43. Seems like the CBR article from last time is missing the first page.

Little fun fact: When I first saw the high school girls in RH:O #43, I mistook them for a hidden advertisement for Everglade Angels by Scott Lobdell and Blake Northcott. (Everglade Angels is a horror graphic novel about a girls softball team that stumbles into a trap set by a murderous cult.) Funnily enough, Blake Northcott is also mentioned in the May solicitations. She has her DC debut as co-writer on Catwoman #23.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    I'm glad that RED HOOD: OUTLAW #46 isn't a "Joker War" tie-in like Batgirl #47.
    My thoughts exactly. I was looking at the whole set of solicits, and I felt like we fortunately dodged the bullet this time.

Extraordinary Member

@Dark_Tzitzimine thaks.

The time line is still wired. DitF happend after Killing Joke and it is even referenced in the story it self.

And it looks imo to decompressed.

I'm pretty sure those are the pictures we all put together from the low quality scans back then, tough. I mean, I can see spots in XXX where we couldn't tell what was written there. If I recall correctly, the user that did those pics was @Tenzen.

(Edit: Still, thanks for posting them, @Dark--in case I have sounded rude)
    Last edited by Zaresh; 02-14-2020 at 03:38 PM.

So I guess we only get one story and no cover for the Robin special. Well, whatever. At least it's Winick with Nguyen, whose art I enjoy a lot.

Unless I counted wrong those creative names from BC.

You counted right. They're listed in chronological order by Robin and then era. Four Dick stories, one Jason, two Tim, one Steph, and two Damian, I believe.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You counted right. They're listed in chronological order by Robin and then era. Four Dick stories, one Jason, two Tim, one Steph, and two Damian, I believe.
    Good that Steph gets her own story. I'm happy for her fans. We are lucky with how much attention we're getting for Jason now, but they only have her in YJ, and that book's cast is huge.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 02-15-2020 at 05:24 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    @Dark_Tzitzimine thaks.

The time line is still wired. DitF happend after Killing Joke and it is even referenced in the story it self.

And it looks imo to decompressed.
    So DC are now cool with a Dick Grayson who is pushing 40? Bit of a 180 there.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Swallowtail View Post
    So DC is now cool with a Dick Grayson who is pushing 40? Bit of a 180 there.
    Everyone else also aged up, Bruce now was born during World War II but because of time-lapse he's only 60