Page 34 of 200 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484134 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Without spoiling anything since it’s still pretty early, Jason not only gets a good chunk of the story in Dceased Unkillables #1 today with what I think are some good moments for him....you know as good as being one of the few survivors of the batfamily in a zombie apocalypse can be.
    Oh man, it has been such a long time since I read a story with Jason that I have enjoyed. I really missed the guy.

Thank you for recommendation. I hate zombies, but this issue was superb and and Tom did a good job with Jason.
    “Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving.”
    – Dale Carnegie

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Without spoiling anything since it’s still pretty early, Jason not only gets a good chunk of the story in Dceased Unkillables #1 today with what I think are some good moments for him....you know as good as being one of the few survivors of the batfamily in a zombie apocalypse can be.
    i repect four people in this book jason,bullock,rose and vandal because they knew what time it was and slade i think i breeze thought this book in 3 mintues
    Last edited by redmax99; 02-19-2020 at 07:53 AM.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

DCeased: Unkillables #1 is awesome.
    Last edited by Sergard; 02-19-2020 at 11:42 AM.

So, Unkillables #1 was fun. Not great (for me), but very fun. I can't say I like the art, but I can say that I liked the story fine enough. We have Jason being competent, we have him being "savage" (what he did in that car's hood...), we have him with dogs and kids, and we have him being kind of mocked by Cass and Jim once (his face when Jim said that, that was pissed Jason there, and Cass was totally smugfacing). And he was kind of nice too, to the fallen ones.
    The part with Slade and Rose was nice too. And, hey, Taylor used Mirror Master, which is a Flash villain that I enjoy because he's a honest piece of sh*t who happens to be fun.

I'll read the next one.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 02-19-2020 at 12:16 PM.

I can't believe that Unkillables has a better photo of the batfamily than Batman: Pennyworth R.I.P..

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    I can't believe that Unkillables has a better photo of the batfamily than Batman: Pennyworth R.I.P..
    I guess Taylor has a way better grasp than other writers about how's the ensemble batfamily that fans like to see. And this being an elseworld may help with who we have in and who don't in the current continuity,
    Last edited by Zaresh; 02-19-2020 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    I guess Taylor has a way better grasp than other writers about how's the ensemble batfamily that fans like to see. And this being an elseworld may help with who we have in and who don't in the current continuity,
    They should have Taylor write Detective Comics. Or Batman for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    They should have Taylor write Detective Comics. Or Batman for that matter.
    I don't know. He likes a lot to go pretty crazy and bizarre, as far as I can tell. He fits these kind of stories, but, hmmm, putting him in a book that's expected fo feel less relaxed and more serious and restrained like Batman or Tec...

But then again, they let Snyder do his stuff in JL and plenty of other books for the main DCU, so... I guess it could happen.

Now that we're talking about writers, I gave a glance to Russell's work. I wouldn't mind him for Jason if Lobdel decided to left at some point. Actually, I think he could work fine for a few characters and teams if he were interested in writing for them.

I don't know. He likes a lot to go pretty crazy and bizarre, as far as I can tell. He fits these kind of stories, but, hmmm, putting him in a book that's expected fo feel less relaxed and more serious and restrained like Batman or Tec...

But then again, they let Snyder do his stuff in JL and plenty of other books for the main DCU, so... I guess it could happen.
    Perhaps he'd get away with more fantastical stuff in Detective... rather than the main Batman book.

Now that we're talking about writers, I gave a glance to Russell's work. I wouldn't mind him for Jason if Lobdel decided to left at some point. Actually, I think he could work fine for a few characters and teams if he were interested in writing for them.
    Well, Lobdell has said he's done at issue 50 (last I heard, anyway), and Taylor would be an interesting choice to take over. Plus he's done something that no other book has really done before; teaming up Jason and Cass. Granted, it took a zombie apocalypse, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Well, Lobdell has said he's done at issue 50 (last I heard, anyway), and Taylor would be an interesting choice to take over. Plus he's done something that no other book has really done before; teaming up Jason and Cass. Granted, it took a zombie apocalypse, but still.
    You know? I think Taylor is going to get Green Arrow. It's just a hunch, but somehow, I feel like he will. Same as I had the feeling Lobdell was or is wrapping things up in RHATO.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Lobdell didn't say he was done with issue 50, he said that he had been plotted up to issue 50.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Lobdell didn't say he was done with issue 50, he said that he had been plotted up to issue 50.
    Oh, I see. Then, this is just my wildest guess, but I think that we're going to see the end of this run with issue 50, that would be September this year. And that's when the big shift in the main DCU (the gen rearrangement) happens, right? I would make the run finish there, or at least, put it on hold until all is done.

But I've been wrong before. I was calling Gintama's ending (the manga, I mean) for two whole years before it actually happened, he he.

Oh, I see. Then, this is just my wildest guess, but I think that we're going to see the end of this run with issue 50, that would be September this year. And that's when the big shift in the main DCU (the gen rearrangement) happens, right? I would make the run finish there, or at least, put it on hold until all is done.

But I've been wrong before. I was calling Gintama's ending (the manga, I mean) for two whole years before it actually happened, he he.
    50 is a good number to end a run - and for a strategic relaunch.
    Supergirl ends in May with issue #42 - which feels strange.

Mangas are sometimes unpredictable. I can't remember if it was Fairy Tail, Naruto or Bleach but at least for one of them was the final arc announced - and then it still took at least two years until the series actually ended.

I'm really digging zumaon's artstyle. Beautiful and cute fanarts.

zumaon

zumaon

zumaon