Page 38 of 200 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888138 ... LastLast
    Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

I don't play RPG-like games but I used to nickname my Pokemons after characters I liked - and if my favorite characters had changed, I just started the game all over.
    And I've done personality quizzes by answering questions like Jason would (in my opinion).
    Jason is a Gryffindor, by the way. I even tried to rig the quiz so that Jason is a Ravenclaw - he still was a Gryffindor.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I may or may not have done something similar in Fallout 4 with mods that included the Red Hood helmet...
    There is a Red Hood helmet mood? Huh, I'll make a note about that one for when I play that game again.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    I don't play RPG-like games but I used to nickname my Pokemons after characters I liked - and if my favorite characters had changed, I just started the game all over.
    And I've done personality quizzes by answering questions like Jason would (in my opinion).
    Jason is a Gryffindor, by the way. I even tried to rig the quiz so that Jason is a Ravenclaw - he still was a Gryffindor.
    Well, it's fitting I guess. As far as I know, it's the house that highlights heroic behaviour and courage the most. But to be honest, my knowledge about Harry Potter is shallow.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 03-01-2020 at 06:26 AM.

source: that_artemis_fan

SPOILER ALERT FOR RHATO 44, READ TO FIND OUT WHY I'M POSTING ONLY IF YOU DON'T MIND SPOILERS:

Alright y'all, this is a sneak peak of Artemis in RHATO 44 when they go undercover! Yes, she has black hair to hide her identity since her red hair is such an iconic feature to her. It will only be temporary obviously, maybe one or two issues. That is why we don't see Artemis in the covers of 44 or 45. It was done to prevent spoiling it! I think she will be back with the super long red ponytail we all love to see her with and are waiting to see return in RHATO 46.

This sneak peek was shared by @arifprianto_arf in their stories and I noticed it was the same outfit that @paolo_pantalena shared some time back with the title "Artemis". So there you go, you got the scoop on Artemis!

mentioned artwork by Paolo Pantalena:

Also by Paolo Pantalena (posted 4 days ago):

Excited for the new Red Hood issue?

Outlines from RH:O #43 by ChrisCross. (source)

The work I did for Red Hood:The Outlaw l, formerly RedHood and the Outlaws, number 43 was really fun and was like jumping into cold water and getting used to a new environment in A HURRY. lol. I want another issue sometime and to work with the great Scott Hanna again. The colorist Arif Prianto has an interesting palette. Need this colorist on more of my work. Mental note.

More outlines from RH:O #43 by ChrisCross.

part 1

part 2

Here's another fanfic. A short one with only 2 chapters scheduled, with the other supposed to be coming tomorrow. The summary is; Jason, only having been Robin for a few months, left his book on Bruce's spaceship. Bruce has a Justice League meeting, so Jason "sneaks" aboard the Watchtower.

https://archiveofourown.org/works/22...pters/54924241

A fluff piece, really.

Another one I'm following, is a crossover between DC and Miraculous Ladybug. The characters aren't really all that much in character, but the premise is that Marinette is Jason's little sister that was separated from him when they were both quite young. It took about 15-16 chapters before we really got to the real crossover. That said; the author pumps out 1-2 chapters (about 2k words each) a day. Not sure how much interest there is in such a story though here.

DC Universe

"And the award for 2020’s Sexiest Man of DC Universe goes to…
    https://yourdcu.com/dcusxm2020"

Dexter Soy

Batman vs Robin

Pete Woods (poll is already closed)

x Red Hoodie
    x Red Helmet

"Honest answers please. I won’t be offended. I’m curious. Do you like the Red Hoodie design or do you prefer traditional Red Helmet for Jason Todd? When the poll is over I’ll share some thoughts of my own.
    (I’ve got a pretty good idea how this poll will turn out.)"

Pete Woods' thoughts

60/40 in favor of the helmet look. I’m surprised it didn’t do better. People hate change. I guess the hoodie is growing on people!
    As promised here’s a look at the design process. (This appeared in a DC Nation issue so if you got that issue this will be familiar.) 1/15

A note before I get started. I’ll talk about what I wanted, what I thought, & give my opinion on. Please don’t interpret that as me complaining that my creative vision was being ignored or that I think someone made a mistake. 2/15

Comic books are team effort & we work on characters that we don’t own. Red Hood belongs to DC & DC can do whatever they like with him. If they told me to put him in a green clown suit then my job would be to draw Red Hood in a green clown suit. That’s how this works. 3/15

At the time I was tapped to draw Red Hood was a team adventure book staring Bizarro, Artemis, & Red Hood so that was my mindset going in. This quick sketch was me trying to capture the feel & look I wanted going in. An energetic, poppy style with a funky palette. 4/15

The first & last panels of this page were also me figuring out the look I wanted to go with (the middle panel was added later as a proof-of-concept as we neared final costume design.) Again- the colors were too cinematic for the look DC wanted so I had to make some changes. 5/15

I found out quickly that to book was going to be pushed in a darker direction. The team adventure thing was going away & the book was going to become a solo series. Jason was going walkabout and he was becoming more violent. 6/15

I was a big fan of the Arkham games’ take on Jason so that was my jumping off point. I came up with this initial sketch that leaned heavily into that design. 7/15

Story-wise we needed a bigger change from the helmet look though. Jason was breaking ties with Batman. He was going to be on his own. Stripped down. No protection. I always really liked the helmet costume but the story called for a big change.Time to adjust my thinking. 8/15

At this point there was lot’s of communication between Scott, Rob Levin, & the higher-ups at DC. We were making big changes to a character people have strong feelings about so we wanted to get things right. 9/15

Pete Woods' thoughts (continuation)

They said“Go crazy“ so I did. You can see in these designs we go from motorcycle gang to street thug to ninja to Assassin’s Creed influence to Lawrence of Arabia. Trying everything. I still had a hard time letting go of the helmet as you can see. 10/15

We started to narrow things down in this batch & eventually decided on a variation of “C.” 11/15

The logo was vary difficult to decide on. I tried a lot of ideas & frankly all of them were cheesy & overcomplicated. We needed to lose the Bat connection, but what single, simple image represents Red Hood? 12/15

It was about 2 weeks going back & forth until the idea hit to do a stylized version of Jason’s eyes/mask looking out from under his hood ("B" in this image.). It went over great. I think I got approval in under 2 hours. 13/15

Pete Woods' thoughts (conclusion)

With all the elements in place I did the final design sketch & that was that. 14/15

I didn’t expect this design to remain after the initial Outlaw storyline. It’s great to see Jason still in the costume. I love seeing so many artists take a crack at it. I think it works & makes sense for the Jason. We’ve gotta shake things up a bit from time to time. 15/15

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post

They said“Go crazy“ so I did. You can see in these designs we go from motorcycle gang to street thug to ninja to Assassin’s Creed influence to Lawrence of Arabia. Trying everything. I still had a hard time letting go of the helmet as you can see. 10/15

Second row's J and L are basically a recolored Deathstroke. Bottom row's E I kind of like though.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Woods' dissertation about the look and his satisfaction on still being used, is funny and ironic to me in the light that the official banner celebrating Jason as the sexiest man in the DCU doesn't use the hoodie look at all.

PS. Logo is still stupid.

Paolo Pantalena

Red hood and the outlaws cover
    Me, @scottylobdell and @arifprianto_arf are having so much fun

Paolo Pantalena

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

So we're finally back to the Hundred Acres of All and the Chamber of All.