Page 39 of 200 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139 ... LastLast

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I've seen the artwork before. It's nice.

Although at this point in time I truly believe that Jason would be better off without the "core batfamily".
    Jason is reaching 10 years of redemption next year (if you start counting with New52 in 2011).
    In comparison, the last time Jason was blamed for his own death, attacked and insulted by one of the "core family" (for no good reason): 2019
    This is garbage.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Blame the writers, not the characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Blame the writers, not the characters.
    Kinda hard when the list of writers is getting longer and longer, including prominent names like Morrison, King, Bendis, Tomasi and Tynion.
    For some bat characters I can't even remember the last time Jason and them had a good moment together - outside of RHatO.
    In RHatO you have a nice annual with Jason and Dick.
    In RHatO you have Jason and Bruce reconciling.
    In RHatO you have Jason and Batwoman teaming up to save a whole city.
    In RHatO you have Jason mentioning his "four brothers".
    Outside of RHatO: burning pile of garbage

Morrison was the first writer outside of Lobdell to depict Jason in friendly terms with the rest of the family, and he was in fact, one of the first writers to speak in favor of Jason's redemption.

Every single time that Jason gets thrown under a bus is due to Batman's main writer deciding to shake the status quo and destroy the Bat-family for shock value and the rest of the writers being forced to follow through with that.

King is the worst offender of this since the man simply doesn't get the characters at all.

Jason Fabok

“HA!”

And a little off-topic but I know there are a lot of Artemis fans in this thread:

Dima Ivanov

#Artemis commission for @overseer195

this one's a celebratory piece for the 25th anniversary of Artemis of Bana-Mighdall (which technically was last year, but
    Shushing face
    )

aaand it's an homage to #WonderWoman
    750 cover by @artgerm

And here's another fanart of Jason's favorite Amazon by Paz. Can we please have this Artemis back in comics?

If they're making her have black hair, maybe they with get the chance and change it back to her* usual hair style one that story is finished. Her hair is magical, or so said Lobdell .

Pretty, pretty art :3.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 03-08-2020 at 02:42 PM. Reason: I love when I arbitrarily change genders of some characters

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    If they're making her have black hair, maybe they with get the chance and change it back to his usual hair style one that story is finished. Her hair is magical, or so said Lobdell .

Pretty, pretty art :3.
    According to @that_artemis_fan, Artemis' classic Rebirth look will be back in #46 - and the cover for #47 also shows Artemis with her Rebirth look.

On another note, Paolo Pantalena has posted a new RH:O panel:

Jason Todd will save us
    Sunday detail page from upcoming issue

Jason Todd: Unhailed Savior of the World!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Jason Todd: Unhailed Savior of the World!
    DC should do a crossover between Outlaws and Doom Patrol. I'm sensing some common themes.

Is "hail" a verb normally used in English? I would have guessed that it was negatively impacted thanks to the Nazi salute, you know: "Hail Hitler", "Hail, my leader" or "Hail victory!".

Which reminds me that Jason fought Captain Nazi in Batman: Under the Hood.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    DC should do a crossover between Outlaws and Doom Patrol. I'm sensing some common themes.

Is "hail" a verb normally used in English? I would have guessed that it was negatively impacted thanks to the Nazi salute, you know: "Hail Hitler", "Hail, my leader" or "Hail victory!".

Which reminds me that Jason fought Captain Nazi in Batman: Under the Hood.
    "Hail" isn't. "Heil" (pronounced hi-l) is though. If "hail" was, well, it would make certain weather system that pops up every so often rather awkward too. Besides, "Hail to the Chief," is the song for the President (whomever is in office).

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    "Hail" isn't. "Heil" (pronounced hi-l) is though. If "hail" was, well, it would make certain weather system that pops up every so often rather awkward too. Besides, "Hail to the Chief," is the song for the President (whomever is in office).
    Sooo ... Hail Hitler is okay but Heil Hitler is not?
    I wonder how an encounter between Captain Grandpa and Captain Nazi would look like.
    And yes, I know he's called Captain Glory but I always remember Grandpa first and then I remember that his real name also starts with G ... and then I remember Glory.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    Sooo ... Hail Hitler is okay but Heil Hitler is not?
    I wonder how an encounter between Captain Grandpa and Captain Nazi would look like.
    And yes, I know he's called Captain Glory but I always remember Grandpa first and then I remember that his real name also starts with G ... and then I remember Glory.
    Except for a certain group of, lets say, idiots, no one in English speaking countries says, "Heil Hitler" without it being sarcastic or the like (mocking Nazis and their ilk). Even the translation isn't really used by the idiots. They prefer the German, "Heil".

Outside of making fun of Nazis, its a big taboo (to say the least).

Last edited by Dark_Tzitzimine; 03-09-2020 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Yay!
    June 17th is still Spring, technically.
    My guesses weren't wrong by much.