Page 61 of 200 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161 ... LastLast
    Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kaimaciel View Post
    Where are his eyebrows? Why is he drawn without them? To make him look... evil? Unhinged?
    I didn't even notice the missing eyebrows.
    But what I did notice are the pointy strands of hair on the left and right (although they aren't there in the last panel when Jason is shown from behind).
    I associate such a hair style with devil horns. And that's not a nice association for Jason. He's not Klarion the Witch Boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    I didn't even notice the missing eyebrows.
    But what I did notice are the pointy strands of hair on the left and right (although they aren't there in the last panel when Jason is shown from behind).
    I associate such a hair style with devil horns. And that's not a nice association for Jason. He's not Klarion the Witch Boy.
    Well, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. Considering Timm and Dini wanted to use Jason originally way back when, but were forced to use "Tim" (given Jason's background and whatnot). So, I'll see what they have planned for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Well, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. Considering Timm and Dini wanted to use Jason originally way back when, but were forced to use "Tim" (given Jason's background and whatnot). So, I'll see what they have planned for him.
    So far, characters feel a little one-dimensional in Batman: The Adventures Continue. I don't know if this was normal for BTAS too.
    I'd also like to give them the benefit of the doubt - but if they have given Tim a lot of Jason's stuff, they obviously can't use that stuff for Jason himself. So what are they going to give Jason?

So far, characters feel a little one-dimensional in Batman: The Adventures Continue. I don't know if this was normal for BTAS too.
    I'd also like to give them the benefit of the doubt - but if they have given Tim a lot of Jason's stuff, they obviously can't use that stuff for Jason himself. So what are they going to give Jason?
    No idea, hence the "wait and see" attitude I have right now.

Overall should Jason appear in a live action movie? Should he be part of the Batfam or should they keep him seprated? BOth in movie and comics. Many say he was better has his own thing

He's tied to the batman franchise intrinsically, both by being a Robin and a reason for Bruce unbearable angst (I hate that part so much). He can still be troubled and hurt and suffering from his death even without Batman, but then you need a big excuse for his vengeance arc to work: you need someone else (in stead of Bruce) to be the one Jason wants to be chosen by, and the one he wants to reconnect to, and the one he wants to be looked by, and the one he wants to show how his methods can work too. You can also write other kind fo story with him, but then you have to alter the course of the plot.
    He can appear in movies, can even star a movie himself; but you need to introduce certain background in the story in order to work. Just like the animated movie did.

He is an associate to the baftam and he should stay that way. He has strong ties to other characters in there. Even if he doesn't need to often show up in their books or them in his, it's something you can use and should now and them. Because it's a big part of why Jason is how he is nowadays.

In my opinion, that is.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 04-17-2020 at 12:41 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Nice clip from Teen Titans Go.

https://dailyjasontodd.tumblr.com/day/2020/04/14/

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Overall should Jason appear in a live action movie? Should he be part of the Batfam or should they keep him seprated? BOth in movie and comics. Many say he was better has his own thing
    As Robin, despite DC trying to say otherwise, Jason was a good Robin.

As for afterwards... It really depends. Main-verse, yeah it seems separating from the Bats is in his best interest. Elseworlds, it depends on the setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    "Nobody cares about Tim Drake"

Ouch, how the mighty have fallen.
    Last edited by Rise; 04-17-2020 at 09:22 PM.
    “Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving.”
    – Dale Carnegie

How old is this?
    I'm a little surprised that Damian is not in it. On the other hand, it's nice that they acknowledge Carrie - and there were only Beast Boy, Cyborg and Raven that they could use.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I'd dig a Red Hood movie or Red Hood (and the Outlaws) liveaction series. I think Batman: Under the Red Hood - and therefore Jason interacting with Bruce - is unavoidable since it's such a popular story. I'm not sure about the rest of the batfamily. In a movie: no, because there isn't enough time.

Regarding comics, I'm definitely in favor of Jason leaving this so called "family". I have zero interest in seeing Jason interact with them ever again.

Jason is at his best when he's with the Outlaws - and Jason is at his worst when he is a side-character in a bat-title where he is used as the writers' trashcan. Writers want someone to say something bad or act aggressive so that their favored character can react heroically and superior to that person? Oh, let's use Jason and let's not care if it's in-character for him to say or do this stuff because Bruce, Dick, Damian, etc. looking awesome is more important.

As far as I'm concerned, I wouldn't even mind if DC retcons the whole batfamily out of Jason's life with the next reboot. Jason can steal the tyres of someone else and wind up in Ma Gunn's school (in New York or somewhere else outside of Gotham). Let the story progress from there. Reveal that Ma Gunn is Jason's grandmother. Jason can help Ma Gunn redeem herself and change for the better. Free Willis from prison and finally give Jason a father and family that treat him like family. Let Jason meet some teachers (and the other Outlaws) on the way and introduce the All-Caste and Untitled, etc.

The batfamily can look for a new punching bag who they can hate, blame, exploit, beat up, insult, humiliate, etc.
    I have no sympathy for a bunch of "Greatest Heroes of all Time" who are quick to blame and demean others but then fall silent when it comes to their own wrongdoings. This is pathetic. That's not the kind of "heroes" I want to read about. Nor am I interested in reading about people who prefer punishment over rehabilitation.

I hate this black and white thinking in superhero comics. I hate this labeling. If you are a "hero", you are "good". If you are a "villain", you are "bad". When a villain punches a hero, it's "bad". When a hero punches a villain, it's "good". When a villain does something bad, they get punished. When a hero does something bad, no one cares. When a hero does something good, they get celebrated and praised. When a villain does something good, it gets ignored. This is dumb.
    Last edited by Sergard; 04-18-2020 at 03:54 AM.

Extraordinary Member

How old is this?
    I'm a little surprised that Damian is not in it. On the other hand, it's nice that they acknowledge Carrie - and there were only Beast Boy, Cyborg and Raven that they could use.
    It is from the episode Egg Hunt from lat week.

Here is a little longer clip.

Extraordinary Member

From the same episode:

From the same episode:

XDDDDDDDDDDD

I think we can send a box of sweets and a bouquet of flowers to their team of writers.

Well, this is my favorite #SixFanartsChallenge fanart xD

kenny

Look what Dexter Soy is wearing in Animal Crossing New Horizons.

Karl Mostert (the artist of DCeased: Unkillables) is currently drawing on this piece (not finished):