Page 7 of 200 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    What did Tom King do to Poison Ivy?

Maybe Jason and Barbara will dress up as Joker and Harley Quinn - or as Harley Quinn and Joker xD
    Ivy mind controlled most of the world out of nowhere in Batman, and was killed in HiC.

Tom King "killed" Poison Ivy during Heroes in Crisis, she was reborn from a plant at the end so nothing happened.

Maybe Joker will switch things around: beat up Barbara and shoot Jason and then show Batman pictures of him naked.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kaimaciel View Post
    Tom King "killed" Poison Ivy during Heroes in Crisis, she was reborn from a plant at the end so nothing happened.

Maybe Joker will switch things around: beat up Barbara and shoot Jason and then show Batman pictures of him naked.
    Or Jason shoots Joker and Barbara shows Batman pictures of naked Joker.

Batman: Oh God! My eyes! MY EYES!

Or maybe, Joker will try to do something to Jason and Barbara is the one who shoots him before he does.

Yikes, I don't like where this is going, guys.
    (XD)

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    He's going to ship them both. He may even make them, you know, have a bed scene.

Yeah, that's my bet. That would be very polemical for fans. It's not Jason attacking Babs: happened in the games already and fans didn't overreact. A lot may, if they hook up.

In another news, you guys want to read this fic. You will have a good time, I guarantee. It's not completed, not yet. But just for the first chapter alone, you will enjoy it greatly. Totally gen and sfw: Life's a Game.

(I hate posting from my tablet)
    How Jason and Barbara having sex can be worse than what Tom King did to Wally?

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    How Jason and Barbara having sex can be worse than what Tom King did to Wally?
    Maybe Barbara gets pregnant, the baby is sent back in time - and eventually becomes the Joker.

Maybe Barbara gets pregnant, the baby is sent back in time - and eventually becomes the Joker.
    Lol Ok, that would be pretty bad

Jesus! That would be bottom of the barrel bad writing!

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

It's not just shipping, it's the value of the character. Babs has been paired with almost every member of the family at this point. The main and accepted one is Dick, but she's dated Luke (while doing a character assassination on Dick), planned to marry Tim in Arkham Knight, teased with Jason, and then there's Bruce Timm's official Batman fanfic.

Barbara is her own character, not the Bat-family bicycle.

It looks really bad on top of her most popular story being the one where she's sexually harassed, and that DC is apparently so possessive of her being Batgirl they ban other Batgirls from appearing in comics for a while. It just reeks of fanboy's fantasy. A canon one.
    Last edited by joybeans; 01-07-2020 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    It's not just shipping, it's the value of the character. Babs has been paired with almost every member of the family at this point. The main and accepted one is Dick, but she's dated Luke (while doing a character assassination on Dick), planned to marry Tim in Arkham Knight, teased with Jason, and then there's Bruce Timm's official Batman fanfic.

It looks really bad on top of her most popular story being the one where she's sexually harassed, and that DC is apparently so possessive of her being Batgirl they ban other Batgirls from appearing in comics for a while. It just reeks of fanboy's fantasy. A canon one.
    And that's why I stated my third point. Edit: I mean, you expanded it. But it's what I had in mind, at least, in Barbara's side. Jason, too, would have something similar working for him.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 01-07-2020 at 10:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kaimaciel View Post
    Something controversial may happen during the 3 Jokers to Jason and Barbara:

"Might this be the time for DC Comics to go back to Geoff Johns and ask him to smooth things out, as he did with Rebirth? DC Comics can’t deny the popularity of his Doomsday Clock comic book, and the critical and commercial success that DC Rebirth initially brought to the whole line. No sign of his and Jason Fabok‘s Three Jokers yet on the schedules and Fabok is currently working on the third issue – but I am told there is a scene in the second book with Barbara Gordon and Jason Todd that will cause waves and probably irk certain fans more than what Tom King did to Wally West and Poison Ivy combined."
    I trust Johns to make a good book. So, I'm not worried about whatever it's that going to be "controversial".
    “Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving.”
    – Dale Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post

I think I actually missed that information in Arkham Knight. When was that announced?
    But hey, maybe that's the "irking": Jason will be the next Batgirl

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I think I actually missed that information in Arkham Knight. When was that announced?
    It's in one of the endings or post-ending content I believe. Nightwing DLC maybe? Mentioned when Dick talks to Alfred over comms? I don't really remember when or how. I think they're away, maybe even on their honeymoon, and that's why Dick returns from Bludhaven to handle Penguin's breakout.

I'm not against it.
    At all.
    I mean, I wouldn't mind either if he ends as Kate's partner/Nightwing either. He can fill the lancer role nicely, without stopping to be the hero (as in protagonists) of his own story. I'm personally all open to everything, as long as it's well written and makes sense in story, and with the previous story in the case of the main universe.

Tim marrying with Babs was from the true end, I think. There was a photo, maybe?