Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 2987
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    You guys did forget a few things, if kind of minor;

Jason buried Bruce, Dick, and Tim.
    Was actually in the family portrait.
    Rescued the puppy.
    Teamed up with Cass (finally).
    Strapped Joker's body to the Batmobile like a hood ornament.
    Still Jason was marketed as a lead character for this story.

The blockbuster DC series returns to answer this question: What did the villains do when the heroes failed and the world ended?
    Spinning out of the dramatic events of 2019’s smash hit, writer Tom Taylor returns to this dark world with a street-level tale of death, heroism and redemption. Led by Red Hood and Deathstroke, DC’s hardest villains and antiheroes fight with no mercy to save the only commodity left on a dying planet of the undead-life!
    I think it is fair to expect that he would get at least one big heroic moment in this.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post

I think it is fair to expect that he would get at least one big heroic moment in this.
    To name a few, and because I have a three picture image limit.

Saves Jim Gordon and Cassandra Cain

B766BEB2-B32E-456B-A1A4-73F93EF689B8.jpg

Fights off the horde to protect orphans so they can get to the buses

1AF9EBBF-4AC1-4D00-A738-F7C14DCB5E87.jpg

Driving the Batmobile in front through the horde, so that he can lead the kids to safety and clear a path

182BE215-6589-4F2B-8E1F-018832ACA36F.jpg

Granted he may not have fought off Wonder Woman, but he doesn’t exactly have the power to stand up to her compared to the others that did.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post

Driving the Batmobile in front through the horde, so that he can lead the kids to safety and clear a path

Granted he may not have fought off Wonder Woman, but he doesn’t exactly have the power to stand up to her compared to the others that did.
    Again. Doing one-time cool things doesn't mean being a lead character. The story doesn't involve or go into telling about any conflict or struggle or dilema that Jason goes through, he doesn't get any kind of catharsis or resolution, and his part could easily be played by any other character most of the time. That's a supporting character, he's the cool guy/aniki. The most important thing that happens to him, narratively, developement-wise speaking, that he has for him is that he gets into a very under developed relationship with Rose that appears in about 6-8 panels, followed by his whole part in issue 1 with him burying the other bats, rescuing Cass and Jim, finding Babs and leaving Gotham, which was like half the issue or less, maybe. And then that page with him realizing about Billy and shooting him with the other gunners. Driving the batmobile is something that could've been done by anyone else. Cass, or Rose herself I bet. They could have killed Jason after showing how he added any of them to the navigator AI of the car and let it be like that andit wouldn't have changed the story.
    That's very little for what was supposed to be a co-lead character as it says in that solicit. Jim had more relevance, had more impact in the reader. Cass too, because her story with Shiva played a big part and used a lot of space.

I mean, I don't really care that his part was small, but, eh, he's not important at all. He doesn't lead the story, he goes through it following other characters leading.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 05-21-2020 at 04:11 AM.

I think we are just going to have to agree to disagree because I don’t think that his role was small, but I will say though that he did share it with others and that he was probably outshined by them a number of times especially in the last issue.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member

But that all him just shooting Zombies from a distance or driving them over with the car. There is no really good fight scene for him, on the opposite side you get him being one shottet by Shiva and rescued in the end by Gordon.

You also don't see him do anything particularly smart or come up with a plan, there is nor even a reference of him training the kids and for some reason he recognizes Billy but not Mary.

He didn't had fight Wonder Woman, but some more spectacular panels of him killing zombies, or rescuing kids from Zombies, or maybe him killing one of lesser superpowered zombies (Bane or Mirror Master) should have been there.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post

I agree that the solicitations were misleading, not just regarding Jason's part. But I still enjoyed Unkillables and Jason being part of the cast.

I also agree with people expecting that Jason won't have a big part in Dead Planet. The next title will focus on a) introducing the new Justice League and probably (hopefully) b) defeating Superman and Wonder Woman. That's not Jason's territory. Out of the people, who are currently in the Garden, Mary Marvel, Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy, Zatanna, Constantine and Dr Fate will probably have the most relevance - and those are already a lot of people for a six issues series. Further, I expect that some of the kids will pick up the identities of the fallen villains. I can totally see Matilda becoming the new Cheetah and Zaid the new Deadshot.

But if there was something like "Hope At World's End" for the missing years between Unkillables and Dead Planet, I'd be down for it. With Deathstroke and Co. gone, it's up to Jason, Cass and Rose to train those kids. I also wonder if they'll look for other survivors or if it's impossible to leave the Garden. I'd also like to see some interactions between the Garden people and the Unkillables cast. Harley and Jason talking about Joker, or Jim Gordon talking to Harley and Ivy about Barbara (since zombie Barbara was killed by them) could be interesting. It's also a shame that there weren't more interactions between Jason and Cass - and I think not any between Rose and Cass.

Here's some fun fact about Karl Mostert and Unkillables (source):

This is one of the first pics i did for @Ben_Abernathy
    That i think got me the job for #DCeased #Unkillables @RexLokus
    put these amazing colours on here and brought it to life. I like to think it swayed @TomTaylorMade
    as well. #Deathstroke #Giganta #Krypto #DCcomics

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    I agree that the solicitations were misleading, not just regarding Jason's part. But I still enjoyed Unkillables and Jason being part of the cast.

I also agree with people expecting that Jason won't have a big part in Dead Planet. The next title will focus on a) introducing the new Justice League and probably (hopefully) b) defeating Superman and Wonder Woman. That's not Jason's territory. Out of the people, who are currently in the Garden, Mary Marvel, Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy, Zatanna, Constantine and Dr Fate will probably have the most relevance - and those are already a lot of people for a six issues series. Further, I expect that some of the kids will pick up the identities of the fallen villains. I can totally see Matilda becoming the new Cheetah and Zaid the new Deadshot.

But if there was something like "Hope At World's End" for the missing years between Unkillables and Dead Planet, I'd be down for it. With Deathstroke and Co. gone, it's up to Jason, Cass and Rose to train those kids. I also wonder if they'll look for other survivors or if it's impossible to leave the Garden. I'd also like to see some interactions between the Garden people and the Unkillables cast. Harley and Jason talking about Joker, or Jim Gordon talking to Harley and Ivy about Barbara (since zombie Barbara was killed by them) could be interesting. It's also a shame that there weren't more interactions between Jason and Cass - and I think not any between Rose and Cass.

Here's some fun fact about Karl Mostert and Unkillables (source):

This is one of the first pics i did for @Ben_Abernathy
    That i think got me the job for #DCeased #Unkillables @RexLokus
    put these amazing colours on here and brought it to life. I like to think it swayed @TomTaylorMade
    as well. #Deathstroke #Giganta #Krypto #DCcomics

Okay it’s official, I want that as a poster on my wall.
    Words to live by.

Okay it’s official, I want that as a poster on my wall.
    It's calling for a wall to be posted in, clearly. Like some zombiepocalypse version of The Last Judgement (it's not like that one, but, you get what I mean).

Has anyone else read Batman: The Adventures Continue #4 yet?

Has anyone else read Batman: The Adventures Continue #4 yet?
    Not yet. I wasn't even aware of this issue being out already. I've been caught into IRL stuff (like expending my whole afternoon and evening looking which one is the new bird that sounds so strong in our backyard. Seems like we've got a robin there now. The little guy sounds so strong, I though it was inside home, not out the building, in the adjacent house (a country house: I live in a block). Seems like we have a whole flock of assorted birds there: this year we've find out a couple of collared doves too. New species to the zoo alongside this robin).

I read it. It didn't "show" Jason, but now Batman is aware "someone" is watching him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I read it. It didn't "show" Jason, but now Batman is aware "someone" is watching him.
    I'm not even 100% sure that this "someone", that Bruce noticed, was Jason. The artist didn't even draw a silhouette. Theoretically, this could be a red herring and instead of Jason this was, for example, Deathstroke's accomplice from the last chapter. Maybe I'm overthinking stuff, but it feels strange that the artist didn't even draw a silhouette. Readers already know that Jason is watching Bruce. So why this sudden "mystery"?

I'm not even 100% sure that this "someone", that Bruce noticed, was Jason. The artist didn't even draw a silhouette. Theoretically, this could be a red herring and instead of Jason this was, for example, Deathstroke's accomplice from the last chapter. Maybe I'm overthinking stuff, but it feels strange that the artist didn't even draw a silhouette. Readers already know that Jason is watching Bruce. So why this sudden "mystery"?
    Mystery for Bruce and his Bats.

Titans Star Curran Walters Says He's Down for a Red Hood Spinoff

Currant Walters wouldn't mind seeing his Robin on Titans become the Red Hood. The star of the DC Universe series isn't sure when he'll begin filming for the show's third season, but he tells ComicBook.com that he'd be willing to take Jason Todd into a Red Hood spinoff series. "Yeah, I mean, that would be pretty cool," Walters said during an episode of ComicBook.com's Talking Shop. "I mean, it all depends on what the team thinks and where the Titans writers decide to go so. It'd be cool if we even got to the storyline on Titans someday. We'll definitely see."

Walters also says that he wasn't a huge comic book fan before being cast as Jason Todd. Figuring the character out required some research.

"I wasn't that too crazy into comics," Walters says. "I knew, of course, of Batman and Robin and all the other crazy famous characters. But as soon as I booked the role, I went out to the local comic book stores, and I got everything I could find on Jason's story, obviously to get kind of a feel for where the future of the character goes, if it goes that way. I watched the movie. I read all the comic books, and I got a feel for the character and where I needed to take it when I got on screen.

"You know, on the day, you have all this pressure of booking a comic book role, especially since the character's been around for so long. You feel a sort of pressure on you, but I just did my best, and I think I nailed the role, and all the fans are pretty happy with it. And one thing about the character too is like, I felt like in a way I did have to act, but I didn't. It's all how I am in person. I'm very energetic. I'm very just all over the place. So, half of it was like, 'Hey, that's just me' and half of it was, 'Oh, I got to act,' so. It was definitely awesome."
    0comments

Walters discussed some of his favorite Jaston Todd moments, including some he'd like to see in Titans. "Man, I think obviously, one of the most iconic things, it would be pretty cool to like have the Batmobile stealing of the tires. That's a pretty memorable scene for me, for sure. So that would be fun. Obviously, the whole Joker thing would be a dream, ideal world. But, yeah, we'll see. I'm so thrilled to get that first script of the season and see what happens."

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Nice gesture from him but he doesn't have the body type nor the presence that I associate with Jason as Red Hood.