Page 79 of 200 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389129179 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 2987
    Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Something important to keep in mind is that ultimately, the characters are beholden to the whims of their writers, and they, in turn, have to deliver whatever editorial asks of them. So is kind of a pointless thing to worry about if Jason hates his brothers and whatnot since he will be whatever Editorial needs of him regardless if it fits the current narrative of his own book. More often than not, anytime Jason ends up acting out of character is because editorial is forcing him into specific roles rather than integrating him organically into the plot.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I mean to a certain extent are all of them okay with Jason now or is he still like an issue? Because he didn't need to go to Bruce or anything. I get in a sense moneywise for DC it makes sense. I only say this since there is only so much you can do with family issues in Batfam book that becomes an issue. like Damian being a jerk. He can be a jerk but there is only so much. I'm not saying Jason has to act as nothing happened and be buddy. Rather the tension should die down.
    It changes with every writer. Sometimes members of the batfamily are okay with Jason, sometimes not. It's inconsistent. The most consistent relationship Jason has with a batfamily member is probably Alfred - and Alfred is dead. Jason's character is not in a good place within the batfamily (well, there are other members of the batfamily who are in a bad place too, in my opinion). Just one more reason why Jason should stop interacting with the other bats. Whatever relationships one writer builds up, the next writer will ignore and maybe even contradict.

I don't think that the batfamily soap opera drama will ever stop. Heroes being in conflict with each other is a common comic trope. And there's a bigger chance for characters who are close to each other to be used for such kind of drama. Even if it's getting repetitive. For example, Batman: Pennyworth R.I.P. isn't that different from The Trial of Batwoman. And Joker War reminds me of Death of the family - just that Joker War is also used to introduce the character Punchline. Well, maybe Punchline's introduction is even more important than the batfamily. It's hard to say. There's at least a lot of hype for Punchline - and not a lot of talk or information about the involvement of the "batfamily" (Just the four main Robins and Barbara feels a little restrictive) in Joker War.

----

Batman: The Adventures Continue (2020-) #5 is out since yesterday. Has anybody else read it yet?
    It's the first chapter that I actually enjoy.
    Last edited by Sergard; 06-05-2020 at 07:15 AM.

True. I get every family has its issues. That's what makes any family real. Heck, the same issues can repeat themselves. But there comes a point where it doesn't feel like the characters go anywhere at times. This is why at times I feel the same with Dick maybe Jason shouldn't be in the Batfam. Take a break.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    Batman: The Adventures Continue (2020-) #5 is out since yesterday. Has anybody else read it yet?
    It's the first chapter that I actually enjoy.
    Yep. Good chapter. The plot deepens.
    spoilers:
    Though Jason was genuinely shocked that Slade planned to kill Batman. Which raises its own questions to what Jason's plans are.
    end of spoilers

Speaking of which. In an old episode of TT Go Dick goes to the Bat Cave. That Jason is the favorite Robin. Is that just a joke or the is it pointing to the fact Batman was suprised with the tire stealing

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Speaking of which. In an old episode of TT Go Dick goes to the Bat Cave. That Jason is the favorite Robin. Is that just a joke or the is it pointing to the fact Batman was suprised with the tire stealing
    TTG's Dick is a self-centered jerk. I wouldn't take anything from his mouth as some actual fact.
    That being said, there's an old, running joke about Jason being Bruce's favourite, or at least, his dearest, because how he took his death. But it's pretty old, isn't very widespread and as far as I'm aware, it's just a joke.

(Why isn't the past participle of spread, sprod or something else? It's because it sounds like read or something? Damn English, get your sh*t together!)
    Last edited by Zaresh; 06-05-2020 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Yep. Good chapter. The plot deepens.
    spoilers:
    Though Jason was genuinely shocked that Slade planned to kill Batman. Which raises its own questions to what Jason's plans are.
    end of spoilers
    And Jason has eyebrows now. I think @Zaresh will be very happy hearing this

----

Could this be an upcoming cover or variant?

Paolo Pantalena

And Jason has eyebrows now. I think @Zaresh will be very happy hearing this
    Yes. I like me some eyebrows, as they say somewhere .

Looks like some commission for me. It doesn't have much space for the hypothetical title up there.

WB should fund “House of Batman” - there's a petition on change.org for House of Batman.
    I'm a little surprised (positively). I've also found House of Batman fanart on Twitter. Seems like the dismissed cartoon concept is more popular than I thought.

sumi

Kookaocin

mtam02

I found this comment on Reddit:

"[..]There was a period where he was on the outs with the Batfamily and apparently couldn’t be used. Michael Moreci said that he could not use certain characters as part of the Batfamily, including Jason two years ago, and that still seemed to be the case up to last summer when Dick and Jason were kept out of City of Bane. However like Ric Grayson or Tim’s death, whatever the plan was with Jason being on the outs was an editorial edict that never led anywhere and what the actual plan was remains a mystery and has likely now been discarded.[...]"

Was this really a thing?

"[..]There was a period where he was on the outs with the Batfamily and apparently couldn’t be used. Michael Moreci said that he could not use certain characters as part of the Batfamily, including Jason two years ago, and that still seemed to be the case up to last summer when Dick and Jason were kept out of City of Bane. However like Ric Grayson or Tim’s death, whatever the plan was with Jason being on the outs was an editorial edict that never led anywhere and what the actual plan was remains a mystery and has likely now been discarded.[...]"

Was this really a thing?
    There was the whole fallout from Jason not-shooting Penguin and Bruce beating the living daylights out of him. And Damian accusing him, twice, of things he didn't do. But with Alfred, Tim (weren't the two on good terms before Tim "died"?), and Babs, we really didn't get anything. Not to my knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    ^_^

I like this one.
    But I think Buck fits Dick way better. A Dick who had a lot of bad luck. A lot.

Was this really a thing?
    Since Doomsday Clock started, it felt like they were isolating all bats from each other, over the whole family. Perhaps this is true, I don't know.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 06-07-2020 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    ^_^

I like this one.
    But I think Buck fits Dick way better. A Dick who had a lot of bad luck. A lot.
    In that case, who would be Jason's counterpart in Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    In that case, who would be Jason's counterpart in Marvel?
    I have my own choice, but it's probably because I'm a die hard fan of him. If Steve were Bruce, which, fortunately, isn't the case, Bucky would be Dick with bad luck and greyer morals, Clint would be Jason with lighter morals and better luck, Peter Parker would be Tim, the diehard average-not-so-average fan, but with superpowers, and Sam would be Damian because he's the last one and I'm running out of Cap America's ex-sidekicks. Also, Sam is a bit of a prick. Doesn't fit, but whatever.

Now, for a way less arguable/controversial/biased choice, Kaine Parker is a fitting choice, as far as I know. He's definitely filling Jason's place in the spiderfam.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 06-07-2020 at 08:13 PM.