Page 80 of 200 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130180 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 2987
    Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I wish DC had figured out where they wanted Jason to be in their universe as quickly as Marvel figured out what Bucky’s place was in theirs.

Both TWS & UTH were great stories but only marvel really managed to capitalize on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I wish DC had figured out where they wanted Jason to be in their universe as quickly as Marvel figured out what Bucky’s place was in theirs.

Both TWS & UTH were great stories but only marvel really managed to capitalize on it.
    Bucky's place in the Marvel Universe is even worse, they keep trying to do something with him but, after Brubacker, they lost direction with him. A shame really.

I mean, even if I like him quite a lot, I'm not a big fan of Winter Soldier; but I have read a bunch of the books he appears in by chance (I like many characters he has connections with). And what I've noticed is that they don't know how to write him or even where to put him, in which stories, half the time. In my opinion, I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    WB should fund “House of Batman” - there's a petition on change.org for House of Batman.
    I'm a little surprised (positively). I've also found House of Batman fanart on Twitter. Seems like the dismissed cartoon concept is more popular than I thought.

sumi

Kookaocin

mtam02

This would be interesting a show about them has brothers. Since the comics don't genenrally show them as such

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post

I have no idea what are you talking about. Unlike Bucky has had a clear role and place within the DCU since the N52, the best proof of that is that Jason has been able to hold a title for nearly a decade in which he only had two relaunches but those relaunches: A) were line wide and b) followed the narrative of their predecessor. Bucky on the other has been bouncing from role to role and headed many short lived series and far as I know, is not relevant in the current Marvel landscape.

That said, what I've heard about the whole thing with the Penguin is that it wasn't a direction that Lobdell was really planned to but it was forced by the now discarded idea of Jason being Leviathan. The plan was using Jason taking over the Penguin's operations as a justification for Jason suddenly having enough resources to take down all the other Intelligence agencies in the DCU and lead the charge against the heroes, once him being leviathan was discarded, it was too late to change the plot and that leads to Prince of Gotham lacking a real direction or goal.

And when you think about it, it kind of make sense. That would explain why Jason randomly attacked the organized crime in Europe for seemingly no reason and the way it was quietly shoved under the rug afterward, the bad thing Essence tried to stop him from doing was becoming Levitahan and it ties neatly with the random Leviathan cameo in issue 35, I believe?

Every year I find a new reason to hate (even detest, stronger word) events.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

The BTAS Red Hood figure comes with a red batarang (and a gun and a rocketlauncher). (source)

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

...Crap. I'm starting to find those weird sleepless black under eye shadow thing attractive

In an intimidating serial killer slash rock star kinda way

I always wonder what people see in those kinda makeup

This quarantine is getting too long

Red Hood Batman The Adventures Continue Action Figure Review

2:08 "I'm all for this look ... maybe some eyebrows would have been good. But he does look pretty cool nonetheless."

Also:

2:22: The figure has a red batlogo on the back.

2:08 "I'm all for this look ... maybe some eyebrows would have been good. But he does look pretty cool nonetheless."

Also:

He really needs those eyebrows, really. Wouldn't even make the design look less intimidating or jaded.

*Shakes her head in sadness.

The figure does look neat, nevertheless. Looks really well made.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 06-08-2020 at 03:08 PM.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Also:

Looks good, and I appreciate the Red Bat logo, but man, that is some pretty poor articulation. Definitely not worth the price tag. Also I've been burned from DC Direct since all of their stuff is insanely fragile.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Every year I find a new reason to hate (even detest, stronger word) events.
    Heroes in Crisis
    Event Leviathan
    Year of the Villain
    Joker War

Maybe Doomsday Clock, Three Jokers and the cancelled 5G also had some kind of impact on RHatO, hard to say.

Were there always so many events going on blow on blow or am I misremembering?

For RHatO New52, there was Death of the Family.
    For Red Hood/Arsenal, there was Batman Superheavy.
    Were there any other events that influenced the stories?

Travis Mercer

Heroes in Crisis
    Event Leviathan
    Year of the Villain
    Joker War

Maybe Doomsday Clock, Three Jokers and the cancelled 5G also had some kind of impact on RHatO, hard to say.

Were there always so many events going on blow on blow or am I misremembering?

For RHatO New52, there was Death of the Family.
    For Red Hood/Arsenal, there was Batman Superheavy.
    Were there any other events that influenced the stories?

Travis Mercer

I'm an old-time marvel reader. I grew to runaway from events.

3 jokers, I wouldn't count it as an event. It's a graphic novel, more like. And self-contained. I suspect, from now on, most series are going to be like that: limited series, minis, OGN, that are planned and connected entirely before they're finished and published. Kind of like WN, too. Even the digital ongoings that the're going to probably keep and try are going to have some kind of previows planning. Just my hunch. I think, at this point, that G5 thing has been mostly scrapped.

But again, just what I feel is going to be the direction, going by the news.

Edit: my point is, I don't think any event is going to have much of an inpact in the future of the Red Hood books, however they will come after this run ends. Unless it's some kind of big crossover book, containded* by* itself, and well planned. Which I doubt is going to draw much writing talent to DC
    Last edited by Zaresh; 06-11-2020 at 08:58 AM.

Personally, I'm in favor of more limited series, minis, OGN or the season style of comics like Green Lantern or Naomi.

Is Jason legally dead again? Doesn't Joker watch the news?

From Batman Secret Files (2020) #3:
    (I guess the "five beneficiaries" are Dick, Jason, Tim, Damian and Barbara.)

Are other writers aware of Jason being declared alive in his own book? Perhaps that's the question here. I don't think they're, and editors seem to be in their holidays, or maybe buried under a lot of trouble with all the changes in their editorial corners.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Are other writers aware of Jason being declared alive in his own book? Perhaps that's the question here. I don't think they're, and editors seem to be in their holidays, or maybe buried under a lot of trouble with all the changes in their editorial corners.
    It still makes no sense that a legally dead person is a beneficiary of the Wayne trust.
    Or that Joker even tells Slade that one person is dead. Joker knows that Jason is alive. Why is he lying to Slade when Slade already knows that Batman is Bruce and Nightwing is Grayson.
    Last edited by Sergard; 06-11-2020 at 10:44 AM.