Page 83 of 200 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793133183 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 2987

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Is there any follow up after Batman and Damian accused him in Leviathan, whether in Leviathan itself or RHATO? Or just a mention?

He seems pretty relaxed about the whole thing after he shook them off, so my impression is he didn't really take it personally but please tell me if I miss something.
    Not to my knowledge. Maybe if the epilogue were released. But it keeps being delayed, or so I think.

Maaaaan, writing without an actual, 100% functional E key is a nightmare.

(thanks @Sergard. It mans a lot, believe it or not, that you think that. Right now, my personal life is pretty damn sh*tty, so, at least, I can give others some sense of "good feelings")
    Last edited by Zaresh; 06-14-2020 at 10:39 AM.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Is there any follow up after Batman and Damian accused him in Leviathan, whether in Leviathan itself or RHATO? Or just a mention?

He seems pretty relaxed about the whole thing after he shook them off, so my impression is he didn't really take it personally but please tell me if I miss something.
    No, there isn't any follow-up. Not in Leviathan so far and no mentions in RHatO.
    RH:O #42 is set after Event Leviathan, and here Jason mentions his "four brothers". It's hard to imagine that Lobdell wasn't aware of what happened in Event Leviathan.
    So I agree, I don't think Jason took it too personally. Although he seemed a little disappointed in Event Leviathan #2. After being accused of being Leviathan, he's actually addressing everybody and they are allowed to state their opinion, which is in every case basically a guilty verdict.

Is there a significant difference of portrayal between Red Hood Croc and other Croc? Like he's mainly friendly and human in Red Hood, but feral in others? I only remember during Batman Eternal, while he can be hostile, he is friendly and cares more about his sewer society where he protects the downtrodden.
    I don't know enough about Killer Croc to answer the question for sure but it's definitely not just RHatO where Killer Croc is portrayed as a friendly person.

From Gotham City Monsters #3:

Killer Croc will also be in Detective Comics #1026, not sure how to interpret the solicitation.

DETECTIVE COMICS #1026

As “The Joker War” rages on, the casualties are mounting, and the underground residents of Gotham City must deal with the devastating effects of the Joker toxin that’s been pumped into the old city’s tunnel system. Batman must risk everything to guide them to safety, but a familiar face has mobilized these forgotten souls to rise up in anger...and Killer Croc takes no prisoners!

Dexter Soy has posted two RHatO sketches. The characters are in their Rebirth design. Are those old panels?

Dexter Soy

Dexter Soy

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    Killer Croc will also be in Detective Comics #1026, not sure how to interpret the solicitation.
    That sounds reasonable. Killer Croc's priority usually is his people. He's very territorial and protective including against Batman or Catwoman if they cross his line and it makes sense for him to snap if people above keep bothering them because they already are victims fleeing a bad life upside.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    [...]

(thanks @Sergard. It mans a lot, believe it or not, that you think that. Right now, my personal life is pretty damn sh*tty, so, at least, I can give others some sense of "good feelings")
    I'm sorry to hear that, friend. I hope life will be getting better for you soon.

That sounds reasonable. Killer Croc's priority usually is his people. He's very territorial and protective including against Batman or Catwoman if they cross his line and it makes sense for him to snap if people above keep bothering them because they already are victims fleeing a bad life upside.

I'm in favor of Killer Croc as anti-hero. Just another reason why I'm glad that Jason's origin was completely changed in post-crisis. If pre-crisis had continued, there would probably have been some eternal conflict between Jason and Killer Croc. And I'm not a fan of the "murderer of my parents is my archenemy" trope. Well, I'm generally not a fan of the "my parents were murdered" trope. DC has kind of overused it.

On a different note, do you guys think that there's still a chance for an RHatO annual this year?

On a different note, do you guys think that there's still a chance for an RHatO annual this year?
    Hmmm, I'm not counting with that annual, to be honest. But I kind of feel lime we could have a mini soon after this next year starts.

(Thanks, @Serg. I really hope things get better. For my own sake and my family's sake)

Hmmm, I'm not counting with that annual, to be honest. But I kind of feel lime we could have a mini soon after this next year starts.

(Thanks, @Serg. I really hope things get better. For my own sake and my family's sake)
    What would the mini be about? (I'm generally in favor of more minis from DC. It's not just a chance for characters who can't hold their own on-going but also for artists and writers.)

I'm curious what will happen after Synder's Metal stuff is over. (I read Death Metal #1 yesterday, and I quite enjoyed it.)

Ricardo Silva

It's funny how many people are unsettled by BTAS Jason without eyebrows.

sdimo (I like the style, it reminds me of the Professor Layton games.)

"okay he has eyebrows"

What would the mini be about? (I'm generally in favor of more minis from DC. It's not just a chance for characters who can't hold their own on-going but also for artists and writers.)

I'm curious what will happen after Synder's Metal stuff is over. (I read Death Metal #1 yesterday, and I quite enjoyed it.)

Ricardo Silva

It's funny how many people are unsettled by BTAS Jason without eyebrows.

sdimo (I like the style, it reminds me of the Professor Layton games.)

"okay he has eyebrows"

Mmmm... Probably* some small case dealing with some street level problem is my guess. That, if the writer* is a newcomer. If not, maybe something a bit more ambitious dealing with something more mythical or cosmic oriented, I guess. I like mijis and limited series. It works pretty well for my Moony, it can work fine for certain characters

I noticed yesteeday that the team behind Sex Criminals are having a part in Tec 1027. I know Dick, for example, is probably way more up their alley; but, well, wouldn't it be fun it they were to write for Jason? Even if Chip really cannot because some exclusivity with Marvel, he could still exchange his ideas with Matt. I doubt they are going to do anything, so, welp. But dream's free and stuff.

I wonder if that issue can give some ideas of where they want the bat-franchise to go from now on.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 06-17-2020 at 11:50 AM. Reason: damn those typos

I'm curious do you guys think Jason should ever be a red hair again.

Mmmm... Pronably some small case dealing with some street level problem is my guess. That, if the writter is a newcomer. If not, maybe something a bit more ambitious dealing with something more mythical or cosmic oriented, I guess. I like mijis and limited series. It works pretty well for my Moony, it can work fine for certain characters

I noticed yesteeday that the team behind Sex Criminals are having a part in Tec 1027. I know Dick, for example, is probably way more up their alley; but, well, wouldn't it be fun it they were to write for Jason? Even if Chip really cannot because some exclusivity with Marvel, he could still exchange his ideas with Matt. I doubt they are going to do anything, so, welp. But dream's free and stuff.

I wonder if that issue can give some ideas of where they want the bat-franchise to go from now on.

I think we'll get at least some glimpses.

DC Announces Massive Talent Lineup for Oversized Detective Comics #1027

"Detective #1027 has been a massive undertaking, and I’m really excited for fans to see what editors Paul Kaminski and Dave Wielgosz have in store come September," Batman group editor Ben Abernathy said in a statement. "A great combination of writers and artists are putting in their best work on the book and fans should pay close attention to these stories, since some of them will plant the seeds for both Batman’s future and that of the DC universe."
    But I guess it will be more focused on literally Batman's future and not particular on the future of the batfamily, although the future of the batfamily is of course influenced by Batman's future.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    No, those were bad times and made zero sense. But DC is welcome to change Dick's hair color with the next story arc and claim that red is his natural hair color. It's as nonsensical as Jason or anyone else for that matter.
    Last edited by Sergard; 06-17-2020 at 11:44 AM.

Blond Jason from the scrapped pre-COIE universe, though, that has potential. Imagine: redhaired evil Jason who usurped post-Crisis Jason after Countdown vs Post-Crisis/New52 Jason vs Blond pre-Crisis Jason who was luckier overall as Robin but turned out to be awful luck as an adult and got stuck in a dying universe.

Just an idea for a storyline.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Hell no.

Blond Jason from the scrapped pre-COIE universe, though, that has potential. Imagine: redhaired evil Jason who usurped post-Crisis Jason after Countdown vs Post-Crisis/New52 Jason vs Blond pre-Crisis Jason who was luckier overall as Robin but turned out to be awful luck as an adult and got stuck in a dying universe.

Just an idea for a storyline.
    I believe Lobdell did consider a similar idea at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    I believe Lobdell did consider a similar idea at some point.
    Oh, it's a cool idea (for me) I would've loved to read.

Zack Snyder Reveals Which Robin the DCEU Joker Killed

Recently Zack Snyder confirmed that the dead Robin in the movies is Dick Grayson (and not Jason Todd). I feel like this is old news but maybe I'm misremembering something since Snyder had to confirm it a few days ago. Some fans really seem to be upset about that. But I don't think Nightwing and/or Red Hood had ever a chance to appear in Snyder's movie universe. It seems like he just needed a dead child to explain Bruce' personality.