Page 84 of 200 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134184 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 2987

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    Zack Snyder Reveals Which Robin the DCEU Joker Killed

Recently Zack Snyder confirmed that the dead Robin in the movies is Dick Grayson (and not Jason Todd). I feel like this is old news but maybe I'm misremembering something since Snyder had to confirm it a few days ago. Some fans really seem to be upset about that. But I don't think Nightwing and/or Red Hood had ever a chance to appear in Snyder's movie universe. It seems like he just needed a dead child to explain Bruce' personality.
    I think the same.

I would've said that he just didn't know who was the Robin who died, or that even Jason exists. But as far as I know, the guy is a comic reader; so I guess he just used Robin for building Batfleck, and now it doesn't make much sense overcomplicating a universe with more Robins now that is pretty much a dead verse. So Dick it is.

He didn't really need to add a Robin. There served no purpose

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

It was more of an Easter egg than anything else.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    I think the same.

I would've said that he just didn't know who was the Robin who died, or that even Jason exists. But as far as I know, the guy is a comic reader; so I guess he just used Robin for building Batfleck, and now it doesn't make much sense overcomplicating a universe with more Robins now that is pretty much a dead verse. So Dick it is.
    He knows. The rumor started before even BvS came out and people were already taking a screenshot from the trailer showing Dick's tombstone, but the image was blurry, but then Suicide Squad's document of Harley mentioned Jason by name. At this point, DC/WB's already planning to make more movies than Snyder's original vision.

I don' t remember if they're already thinking about the Nightwing movie, but it makes sense, either way, to keep things closer to comics, so DC/WB changed it to Jason.

I guess since the original Snyder vision is limited to Justice League he doesn't feel the need to portray the sidekicks.

Snyder confirmed it a long ago and his reasoning was that he believes that Batman wouldn't be that upest over Jason's death like he would be over Dick's.
    “Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving.”
    – Dale Carnegie

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Snyder confirmed it a long ago and his reasoning was that he believes that Batman wouldn't be that upest over Jason's death like he would be over Dick's.
    Oh no

wrong thread wrong thread XD

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Oh no

wrong thread wrong thread XD
    Meh, it's just Snyder's opinion, not law. We don't have to agree with his xD, everything's fine.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 06-18-2020 at 11:44 AM.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

hahaha. That's a quite funny joke. I'm impressed, Synder.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Ouch.

On a different note, each Three Jokers issue will ship with a collectible playing card (source).

In celebration of the highly anticipated Batman: The Three Jokers prestige miniseries, DC and participating comic book stores are dealing fans the ultimate wild card by offering a free with purchase souvenir playing card for each of the three issues of the series, while supplies last.

Featuring breathtaking new artwork by series artist Jason Fabok, each issue of the Geoff Johns-penned series will feature a different card, spotlighting the Clown Prince of Crime and his three major adversaries – Batman, Batgirl and Jason Todd.

Batman: The Three Jokers reexamines the myth of who, or what The Joker is, and what’s at the heart of not just his eternal struggle with Batman, but how his horrific treatment of Barbara Gordon and Jason Todd has affected them. Arriving at open and operating comic book stores on Tuesday, August 25, the series will carry DC’s “Black Label” content descriptor, identifying the series a appropriate for readers 17+.

So, latest issue of Batman: The Adventure Continues dropped.

spoilers:
    And Jason gave Babs the info she needed in order to to help Bruce against Slade. By doing so, he tipped his hand that he knows their civilian identities, but his larger plans still remain a mystery.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    So, latest issue of Batman: The Adventure Continues dropped.

spoilers:
    And Jason gave Babs the info she needed in order to to help Bruce against Slade. By doing so, he tipped his hand that he knows their civilian identities, but his larger plans still remain a mystery.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It's funny that he used books and the library, out of all the things he could've used for tipping them. I guess the writers are supporting that book nerdism for Jason as some kind of link to Babs. I wonder if we will see other traits fans usually give Jason, like the cooking, for connecting him to Alfred, for example.

Surprisingly, this book is felling like it does revolve around Jason, even if it's very slow burning. He seems to be the central mystery and seems to appear somehow, in every case they're dealing even when he doesn't have a hand on those plots. I'm intrigued by how it is possible that they don't seem to consider Jason as the suspect for this mystery man.

Nexr time in "Trouble for the Batfam": Azrael.
    end of spoilers

I'm probably not won by the art, but given how fast this is being published, I'm not going to complain. It's easy to read, and the writing is fine. Feels like an episode or a movie from some cartoon aimed to teens, and I'm perfectly fine with it.

Extraordinary Member

I’d call bull on that, on the basis that the final film itself (even the extended edition) never really does anything more than have Bruce look at the suit one single time.

I think Snyder more likely just had a similar rejection of the Robin idea to Christopher Nolan’s rejection of it... except that whereas Nolan preferred to ignore it and then eventually introduce a *very* rough interpretation of it in TDKR, Snyder wanted to introduce it just so he could kill it and discard it permanently, similar to his approach to Jimmy Olsen.

Which, any way you look at it, is rather wasteful. Even though I’m a fan of having 3+ Robins with my Batman, even keeping just Dick and Jason affords you Nightwing and possibly Red Hood as well as a potential for Batman to have lost two sons to his lifestyle, one via death and another via estrangement.

It also kind of leaves the DCEU idea of having Deathstroke as Batfleck’s enemy a little bit underwhelming, since you couldn’t do anything Robin-related with him, whether it would be to have him and Dick with a previously established rivalry, or to fuse the Teen Titans cartoon idea with Geoff Johns’s plan for Red Hood, where Deathstroke trained Jason after he “died.”
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

The death of Dick is what pushed Batfleck over the edge, so we're seeing the aftermath of that, the suit is just the clue that bind the idea together. And Zack wanted to bring Carrie instead.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    He didn't really need to add a Robin. There served no purpose
    I believe Carrie was going to feature. She might have even been cast

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    spoilers:
    It's funny that he used books and the library, out of all the things he could've used for tipping them. I guess the writers are supporting that book nerdism for Jason as some kind of link to Babs. I wonder if we will see other traits fans usually give Jason, like the cooking, for connecting him to Alfred, for example.

Surprisingly, this book is felling like it does revolve around Jason, even if it's very slow burning. He seems to be the central mystery and seems to appear somehow, in every case they're dealing even when he doesn't have a hand on those plots. I'm intrigued by how it is possible that they don't seem to consider Jason as the suspect for this mystery man.

Nexr time in "Trouble for the Batfam": Azrael.
    end of spoilers

I'm probably not won by the art, but given how fast this is being published, I'm not going to complain. It's easy to read, and the writing is fine. Feels like an episode or a movie from some cartoon aimed to teens, and I'm perfectly fine with it.
    Like the last issue, I also enjoyed this one. Although Jason's eyebrows are gone again.

spoilers:
    I liked the library scene. Jason and books will always be my jam. I liked the conclusion that Jason used "Historical Society" to hint at the location of Deathstroke and Batman. But it also makes me think that it's maybe a hidden hint for something else. We once theorized that this Jason could be from a different earth - and if so, it would only be logical for him to read something like "Historical Society" to gain some understanding of this new earth.

Jason sitting on a gargoyle is also a nice detail. Considering that Azrael is announced next, the mystery around Jason will probably stay a mystery for a little longer.
    I wonder if Azrael will be a complete new story plot - or just the next antagonist hired by Lex Luthor because Slade failed.

I hope Sunny we'll have more appearances. We still don't know the reason why she works for Slade.
    end of spoilers