Page 88 of 200 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298138188 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 2987

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    I mean, mentioning his name alone makes fans cheer in cons, his funko pop figure was sold out few minutes after it was released, Boon (creator of Injustice) said that he never saw any DC character get such a huge reaction like Red Hood did and Murphy said last year that working on WK made him discover 3 facts about Batman and one of them was that people seriously love Red Hood. He has been very popular for years now and DC reaction actually has been pretty slow and lacking.

It's why I think it's weird you keep insisting that he is a niche character because he is far from it.
    Gooood.

I guess it's because of my personal experience. I always find myself having to explain who Jason is to people when we're talking about Batman and stuff.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 06-27-2020 at 09:20 AM.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Swallowtail View Post
    I mean, I know it’s not a popular opinion around this neck of the woods, but that book is very tired and has spent the last year being about a mystical interdimensiobal demon fighting warrior, which is not what most people are searching for If they pick up any Batbook sight unseen.
    Even discounting RHATO, the very few books that have had him in a starring role haven't sold huge numbers either. His merch irritatingly also tends to be limited editions/exclusives creating certain degree of artificial scarcity. That said, Jason is definitely popular with non-comic book readers but that also means he doesn't move big numbers within the specialized market but he has a dedicated fanbase there. So he's both niche and mainstream at the same time.
    Last edited by Dark_Tzitzimine; 06-27-2020 at 02:40 PM.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    [...]

------

Very promising preview, @Serg. I'm definitely looking forward to this one.
    Me too. I wanted this kind of story (Jason reuniting with other former residents of Ma Gunn's school) for quite some time, especially with a character like Numbers who wasn't able to "make it out" like Jason. Like it says in the preview, Numbers has worked for Black Mask and Penguin in the past.
    The art looks nice too. I like how Numbers keeps his left hand in his pocket after it was shown that Ma Gunn aimed at his left hand in the flashback. I guess there will be a big scar on that hand.
    Good work on the title design: the reversed E/3 for Numbers and the red crosshair because of the assassination element.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    The atmosphere in Titans: Titans Together reminds me a little bit of the Scooby-Doo cartoon. Which is not a particularly bad thing. I liked Scooby-Doo as a kid.
    The story is nothing big, but it is light (not counting the dead person) and fun - and fine for what it is. [...]
    Fun fact: Today, two days after Titans: Titans Together #1, the digital first edition of Scooby-Doo: Mystery Inc. #1 was released. Pretty much the same energy. (The issue celebrates 50 years Scooby-Doo. I wasn't aware that the franchise is already so old.)

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Even discounting RHATO, the very few books that have had him in a starring role haven't sold huge numbers either. His merch irritatingly also tends to be limited editions/exclusives creating certain degree of artificial scarcity. That said, Jason is definitely popular with non-comic book readers but that also means he doesn't move big numbers within the specialized market but he has a dedicated fanbase there. So he's both niche and mainstream at the same time.
    Pretty much this. Jason is niche AND popular.

And talking about dedicated fanbase:
    symeona.kanellou has done a redraw of a Titans: Titans Together #1 panel.
    That was fast.

Little off-topic: It seems like Jason Fabok is going to explain the idea behind each Three Jokers premium cover, starting with Joker's Red Hood version. Personally, I think this is interesting.

The YouTube channel Watchtower Database has finally released their review of Batman: The Adventures Continue Chapter 6.

I still find new House of Batman fanart on Twitter - fanarts for a cartoon that doesn't even exist.

Unmoving

acclast

The YouTube channel Watchtower Database has finally released their review of Batman: The Adventures Continue Chapter 6.

Ha ha ha. That's some really fun review, to be honest. It made me laugh a few times.

spoilers:

Yeah, the thing about Tim being Robin for less than a year picked my attention. And I see that we're a bunch wondering about the alternate universe thing for Jason. But we also know that there was another ward in this same timeline we don't know about, by that's been said, so...
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Zaresh; 06-28-2020 at 04:47 PM.

Dexter Soy has shared a Red Ronin cosplay by cosplaywill92. Looks good.

Something general since I'm not sure if everybody has heard about it: On August 22, the virtual convention "DC FanDome" takes place - and fans can submit questions. Maybe someone here would like to submit a question/questions to one or more of the given topics (mainly movies and TV shows/cartoons).

Just read Gotham Nights #11, and I kinda enjoyed it.

I loved the way Jason is displayed in the first story, clever and capable, however even when he is at a major disadvantage, he'll just take a hit, roll with the punches and keep on pushing forward. That's the kind of content I love to see.

spoilers:
    Also Jason throwing his gun when he is out of ammo reminded me of that one move in injustice 2 again XD
    end of spoilers

The second one features Jason and Dick working on a case together and the story presents them as actual detectives, which is nice. Plus throughout, there's some amusing back and forth between them as they bounce off each other.

As far as short stories go, these were pretty decent, the first one especially makes me crave for a new and actual solo book for Jason after rhato.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Just read Gotham Nights #11, and I kinda enjoyed it.

I loved the way Jason is displayed in the first story, clever and capable, however even when he is at a major disadvantage, he'll just take a hit, roll with the punches and keep on pushing forward. That's the kind of content I love to see.

spoilers:
    Also Jason throwing his gun when he is out of ammo reminded me of that one move in injustice 2 again XD
    end of spoilers

The second one features Jason and Dick working on a case together and the story presents them as actual detectives, which is nice. Plus throughout, there's some amusing back and forth between them as they bounce off each other.

As far as short stories go, these were pretty decent, the first one especially makes me crave for a new and actual solo book for Jason after rhato.

i think the second one needed to be expanded upon and not just cliff notes

Scott Lobdell

"I’m stepping away from only remaining freelance work on Red Hood and The Outlaws, effective immediately. Issue #50 out in October will be my final issue. While I’m profoundly grateful for the last ten years on a book telling the story of a tragically flawed man in search of redemption, I depart certain that my vacancy will be filled by a dynamic new voice. #rhato #redhoodandtheoutlaws #exitstageleft #later #freelancelife #bye"

Scott Lobdell

"I’m stepping away from only remaining freelance work on Red Hood and The Outlaws, effective immediately. Issue #50 out in October will be my final issue. While I’m profoundly grateful for the last ten years on a book telling the story of a tragically flawed man in search of redemption, I depart certain that my vacancy will be filled by a dynamic new voice. #rhato #redhoodandtheoutlaws #exitstageleft #later #freelancelife #bye"

Well, we were expecting this one. He will be miss, as much as others who have written for the character. I'm happy that he seems open to write for Jason as a freelance job, still.
    And we now have some kind of weak confirmation that Red Hood already has an assigned writer from now on, by someone young, or new and dynamic I guess.

(Sorry if my English is a little stiff right now)

Welp, at least is official now.

Godspeed Lobdell, thank you for doing Jason justice and finally letting him be more than just another villain used to prop up the bat family and for giving us a new group in the Outlaws. Best of luck on all of your future endeavors.

That said, I hope that is a sign we're finally coming back to the OG costume and the lame Sub Zero ripoff is retired for good.

Astonishing Member

I liked his run. Not always, there were some moments what I didn't approve, but mostly I've enjoyed his story. I hope next writer will do a great job.
    Also, probably Jason will get new author at the same time with Dick and Barbara. They seemingly want to do some kind of relaunch for Bat-titles.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    I liked his run. Not always, there were some moments what I didn't approve, but mostly I've enjoyed his story. I hope next writer will do a great job.
    Also, probably Jason will get new author at the same time with Dick and Barbara. They seemingly want to do some kind of relaunch for Bat-titles.
    I guess we will see a relaunch of most titles.

Re-Launch with a new #1?

That's what relaunches usually mean, yeah.