Page 90 of 200 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140190 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 2987
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    Whoa okay. Deathstroke's voice is weird mainly because I never saw him beg before. I feel like he's more likely to get 1 titan hostage while forcing the others to do what he wants.

So how's the consensus for this author? Looking at the previous issue and this one, seems he has the right and fun ideas, just needs more polish on character voices is my impression

Well, you should read the whole issue first .
    I've never heard of this author before, but I liked both issues and I don't think they're acting OOC, that's just another universe. I hope he is going to add Wally and Roy.

Yeah, its actually pretty good.

spoilers:
    Jason in this followed the usual background, died, came back, and then ended up joining the Titans rather than being solo. What's more, looks like he got through to Rose. Possibly setting up for her to join the Titans in the future.
    end of spoilers

Also, taken into account what's been said in the issue, no one is OOC. Just different settings for them than the main universe.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Seems wired that they are doing it in a Titans Book.

Btw. does anybody how many issues this Titans Together is going to have?
    According to Phil Hester, the writer of the series, there's at least one more story to come.
    But I hope DC will continue Titans: Titans Together.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Whoa okay. Deathstroke's voice is weird mainly because I never saw him beg before. I feel like he's more likely to get 1 titan hostage while forcing the others to do what he wants.

So how's the consensus for this author? Looking at the previous issue and this one, seems he has the right and fun ideas, just needs more polish on character voices is my impression

Similar to the last issue, I wasn't so sure about the story because the preview didn't convince me. But after reading issue 2, I can say that I enjoyed this one too.
    Phil Hester writes short but fun stories with a bit darkness to them. And since this is an alternate universe, I'm fine with characters not being 100% like their main continuity versions (I don't know most of the Titans characters good enough to judge them anyway. But I definitely like their team dynamic in these stories.)

Batman: The Adventures continue #7 is out too.

spoilers:
    Jason is back to being the observer and is only seen in two panels. Seems like his existence is going to stay a mystery for another while.
    Altogether, I liked the issue. It has some nice dialogue and a general good flow. Although I have to say that I thought that Azrael's transition from his St. Dumas outfit to his Batman outfit was very, very fast. But maybe that's just me because I like the first costume more than the second one.
    end of spoilers

I call it a rumor for now because it comes from a fanpage but that_artemis_fan is normally right when they claim something regarding RHatO. (source)

There you go y'all, the last cover of this run of RHATO, issue 50. @deathstar_soy came back to do the cover and it looks amazing and @paolo_pantalena will be doing the interiors. A big thanks to @scottylobdell for making my favourite character Artemis more popular in the DC universe, all the effort put in over 10 years and just being awesome. Thank you! Jason will be moving on to do his own thing, and so will Artemis. But I'm sure that they will both achieve their own greatness in their separate parts of the DC universe!
    I have no trouble believing that Pantalena is going to do the interior artwork. Soy already confirmed that he's only contributing the cover.

But I will be sad when Jason and Artemis are really going to separate - especially since the source makes it sound like they'll be separated completely/have zero interactions in the future. And if Jason and Artemis separate, what will happen to Bizarro?

Now I'm kind of dreading it ending for a different reason.

Nah.
    Even if they part ways for a while, it won't be forever. Just until the writers decide to pair them both again. It's a popular ship, those always come back.

It seems to me that they're trying to pair Jason with Rose now, but that one's no way as much popular as Artemis. And in any case, I'm guessing that, whoever takes over Jasonm wants a blank new status for him to tell their story. At least, that's what I'm getting from that rumour. Also, maybe Artemis is planned to be used by whoever writes WW and that's why they need her unattached to Jay.

Biz, though, worries me a bit.

Even being an alternative universe, is still kind of weird to see Deathstroke begging for help (well maybe he would do it in the 90s when he was an anti-hero, so this might be that version).

Also, once Adam Glass run is over, i wonder if Jason would part of the next line up of TT, especially after his role in the TV show. Wich reminds me, how do you feel about Jason's characther in the Titan series?.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Even being an alternative universe, is still kind of weird to see Deathstroke begging for help (well maybe he would do it in the 90s when he was an anti-hero, so this might be that version).

Also, once Adam Glass run is over, i wonder if Jason would part of the next line up of TT, especially after his role in the TV show. Wich reminds me, how do you feel about Jason's characther in the Titan series?.
    Different, for sure. The actor though, is a scene stealer when he's given the right stuff. I do wonder what sort of route they have for him going forward though. Killing doesn't have the same kind of shock value in this universe as it does in most others, so him going Red Hood and killing drug dealers wouldn't be as big a thing. Maybe something along the Red X from the animated Teen Titans series?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Different, for sure. The actor though, is a scene stealer when he's given the right stuff. I do wonder what sort of route they have for him going forward though. Killing doesn't have the same kind of shock value in this universe as it does in most others, so him going Red Hood and killing drug dealers wouldn't be as big a thing. Maybe something along the Red X from the animated Teen Titans series?
    Nah. I bet they're going to make him more like AK Jason, who arguably was more wild than Vanilla DCU Jason. Red X is just too soft for the Titansverse, imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Amazing cover. I'm said to see it end, but I have enjoyed the ride. Jason was my Robin growing up and to see him star in a book for 50 issues has just been amazing and stunning at the same time.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 07-02-2020 at 11:34 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post

I don't think an anti-hero would do what Deathstroke did.

spoilers:
    Deathstroke begging is just an act. He wants the Titans to get involved and fight Brother Blood's underlings so that he can sneak in and kill Brother Blood. Even Rose being brainwashed by Brother Blood is part of the plan. Deathstroke uses a neural implant (in place of Rose' missing eye) to reset Rose' memories. This Deathstroke is definitely not winning the father of the year award.

And all that just for money.
    end of spoilers

I haven't watched the Titans TV show but I've seen a lot of clips. As far as I can tell, Curran Walters plays a wonderful Jason Todd - and there's a lot of praise for his portrayal in social media. I would definitely be in favor of a Robin spin-off starring Curran Walters (or a comic based on his portrayal). He's a great actor. CW could tell stories like the Ma Gunn arc, Jason meeting Nocturna or Batman: The Cult from Robin's perspective.

But I don't think that the TV series will have any influence on the (main continuity) Teen Titans comics. These two universes are just too different. Obviously, Jason is not a teen - and Jason already has half a dozen kids who need him more. And although I'm not a fan of the Teen Titans franchise, I especially don't like the idea of a mentor for the Teen Titans. Teen Titans should be about teen heroes figuring stuff out on their own. No adults involved.

The solicitation for Titans: Titans Together #3 is out. This time, there will be two stories. None of them are written by Phil Hester who wrote the first two issues and has already announced that there will be a third story by him. I guess Titans: Titans Together is getting the same treatment as Gotham Nights - short stories by different writers and artists.

A charismatic cult leader has been recruiting followers to join his “church”, a highly suspicious organization locked behind the walls of a private compound. For Raven, freeing this vulnerable flock is imperative...the question is, how can she save people who don’t want to be saved? When reports surface that LexCorp has gained access to confidential government health records, Raven realizes that this could mean the unmasking of countless superheroes. With Beast Boy’s help, she must infiltrate LexCorp’s private servers and destroy the information before it falls into the wrong hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Amazing cover. I'm said to see it end, but I have enjoyed the ride. Jason was my Robin growing up and to see him star in a book for 50 issues has just been amazing and stunning at the same time.
    Must have sucked to see him die.
    Did you read pre- and post-crisis Jason?

Jason will have an appearance in Batman: Gotham Nights #12 alongside the other Robins. (source)

Batman: Gotham Nights #12
    Every current and former Robin has been captured by a mysterious villain! Will these distinctly different students of Batman be able to stand each other long enough to fight off a horde of their greatest enemies?

I guess this also solves the mystery of the Red Hood panel that V Ken Marion had posted in April (together with panels showing Damian or Dick.)

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    I don't think an anti-hero would do what Deathstroke did.

spoilers:
    Deathstroke begging is just an act. He wants the Titans to get involved and fight Brother Blood's underlings so that he can sneak in and kill Brother Blood. Even Rose being brainwashed by Brother Blood is part of the plan. Deathstroke uses a neural implant (in place of Rose' missing eye) to reset Rose' memories. This Deathstroke is definitely not winning the father of the year award.

And all that just for money.
    end of spoilers

I haven't watched the Titans TV show but I've seen a lot of clips. As far as I can tell, Curran Walters plays a wonderful Jason Todd - and there's a lot of praise for his portrayal in social media. I would definitely be in favor of a Robin spin-off starring Curran Walters (or a comic based on his portrayal). He's a great actor. CW could tell stories like the Ma Gunn arc, Jason meeting Nocturna or Batman: The Cult from Robin's perspective.

But I don't think that the TV series will have any influence on the (main continuity) Teen Titans comics. These two universes are just too different. Obviously, Jason is not a teen - and Jason already has half a dozen kids who need him more. And although I'm not a fan of the Teen Titans franchise, I especially don't like the idea of a mentor for the Teen Titans. Teen Titans should be about teen heroes figuring stuff out on their own. No adults involved.

The solicitation for Titans: Titans Together #3 is out. This time, there will be two stories. None of them are written by Phil Hester who wrote the first two issues and has already announced that there will be a third story by him. I guess Titans: Titans Together is getting the same treatment as Gotham Nights - short stories by different writers and artists.

Thank you for the information, i was just bading my opinion in the preview and still haven't read the story, that definetly sounds like the ******* i remember.

As for the show, eh if is a 50/50 sometime they do influence directions sometimes they don't, really is hard to know when they are gonna do that. I personally inclined to think that they won't, especially if a new creative team is announced for a Red Hood solo (or a third incarnation of the Outlaws that is not written by Scott Lodbell), but if they don't, is most likely that he will be either as guest in Batman and some DC tittles or they will put him in an established team, maybe Outsiders or a new Titans Book, whi knows?. It wouldn't surprised me if i am wrong thougth, right now i'm more inclined to a new solo tittle with a new creative team.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Little off-topic: Talia Al Ghul is getting her own anthology collection "Batman Arkham: Talia al Ghul" next year. (source)
    The collection also contains Red Hood: The Lost Days #1. I like her depiction in that issue.

Batman Arkham: Talia al Ghul

Intelligent, calculating, and composed: this brilliant strategist and master martial artist has proven to be one of the very few adversaries capable of going head-to-head with Batman on an emotional, mental, and physical level.

As Ra’s al Ghul’s daughter–also known as Daughter of the Demon–she is an elite and lethal warrior of the League of Assassins. Throughout this anthology, however, she enlists in both villain and hero affiliations, making her a complex antihero in her own right. Batman Arkham: Talia al Ghul features the combined storytelling talents of classic creators like Dennis O’Neil, Bob Brown, Neal Adams, Grant Morrison, Andy Kubert, Greg Rucka, Judd Winick and many more!

This anthology collects Batman #232, Batman #656, Detective Comics #411, Batman: Son of the Demon #1, Batman: Death and the Maidens #9, President Luthor Secret Files #1, Batman Villains Secret Files 2005 #1, Red Hood: The Lost Days #1, Who’s Who: The Definitive Directory of the DC Universe #23, Batman and Robin #12, Batman Incorporated #2, Batman Incorporated #13, and Batman #34-35.

From Red Hood: Lost Days #1

Last edited by Sergard; 07-03-2020 at 04:32 PM.