Page 96 of 200 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146196 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 2987

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Attachment 98874

In the mean time do we call this costume DiscoHood or what XD
    I knew that seam on the Red Hood outfit was always meant to be a zipper

Also, Hmm, maybe, but, Disco was technically a 70s trend wasn't it, way before Jason ever even existed.

HOWEVER, funny enough, whilst the popped collar has existed for a while, it became a major and more widely known fashion statement by the 80s, (Jason's Robin era) and had a major resurgence in the early 2000s, (Jason's early Red Hood era).

So I guess it's still kinda perfect. No clue what to name it though sorry. I trust the collective fandom will come up with something though. XD

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post

Also, Hmm, maybe, but, Disco was technically a 70s trend wasn't it, way before Jason ever even existed.

HOWEVER, funny enough, whilst the popped collar has existed for a while, it became a major and more widely known fashion statement by the 80s, (Jason's Robin era) and had a major resurgence in the early 2000s, (Jason's early Red Hood era).

So I guess it's still kinda perfect. No clue what to name it though sorry. I trust the collective fandom will come up with something though. XD
    i mean it is dick prototype suit so disco never out the question

Quote Originally Posted by redmax99 View Post
    i mean it is dick prototype suit so disco never out the question
    I thought that was the New52 suit?

Regardless, in addition to the popped collar, I think it's just funny that for whatever reason, along with the jacket, the sleeves of Jason's Red Bat outfit just keep getting shorter and shorter.

First it was just exposed wrists, now we're up to the shoulders, pretty soon it's all gonna loop back to his mortal kombat gear. XD

EDIT: Speaking of suits though, I really really hope Jason goes back to his first Rebirth suit. That one was so good.
    Last edited by RedBird; 07-18-2020 at 02:59 AM.

Also this is some peculiar news, I thought for sure all the books were ending and relaunching around the same time.

So does anyone suppose this is just an error, or is issue 50 really not the end for RHATO?
    Will the book be relaunched anyway under a new title, similar to how it transitioned between RHATO and Red Hood: Outlaw?

Speaking of a relaunch, are there any creative teams people are hoping for?
    If he doesn’t end up writing Nightwing I’d suggest Joshua Williamson for Jason’s next ongoing. I’m thinking about his image series like Nailbiter and Birthright that show the creative potential he can show when it comes to Jason’s level of violence and his runs on Flash and Batman/Superman shows me that he can do well with playing with DC’s concepts.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Also this is some peculiar news, I thought for sure all the books were ending and relaunching around the same time.

So does anyone suppose this is just an error, or is issue 50 really not the end for RHATO?
    Will the book be relaunched anyway under a new title, similar to how it transitioned between RHATO and Red Hood: Outlaw?

I can see three possibilities:
    1. It is just an error and the book is being canned after #50.
    2. The book is going to keep going, but under a different name. Has happened before.
    3. Issue #51 is going to be done by the new team as some sort of sneak peek to what's to come in the nearest future.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 07-18-2020 at 07:53 AM.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

The series is surprisingly decent, I honestly didn't expect to get much out of it. It's overall pretty simplistic, but darn, after so many Titans/Teen Titans series becoming frustratingly dull or just frustrating in general, I'll take what I can get. Characters more or less being in-character, and friendly to each other and working as a team? Yes please.

Hopefully the series keeps going and keeping up the playful and enjoyable momentum it has.
    [...]
    Titans: Titans Together surely is a breath of fresh air - and it definitely profits from being its own continuity/alternate universe (and only costing 0,99$ the issue also helps).
    The Digital First line in general is a breath of fresh air - and I think it's well liked by readers - well, by readers who know about the line. DC isn't really promoting it. (For example, DC released "Shazam!: Lightning Strikes #1" yesterday. I wasn't aware that Shazam was getting a Digital first comic.)

Here's a fanart that was inspired by Gotham Nights #12.

@gothamtwinks

[...]

Steve Orlando is very high on my list. His "Reunion" story in Gotham Nights was awesome.
    But otherwise I'd probably prefer some new blood with fresh ideas over already established writers.

Regarding artists, I want Dexter Soy and Veronica Gandini back. If you have an artist like Soy who loves the character and is also loved by the fan-base, then why would you choose someone else?
    Apart from that, I also enjoyed Priscilla Petraites style in "Reunion". Nick Robles has a special place in my heart too because he likes to draw Jason. But he's currently drawing The Dreaming: Waking Hours and his style is perfect for that kind of story. But if he's ever available for a Red Hood annual or generally as a guest artist for one issue - hell yeah!

I've never paid any attention to the seam. I wasn't aware that it's supposed to be a zipper. But we have never seen Jason change clothes, as far as I can remember - at least not for his original Rebirth outfit. There was a change of clothes scene in #26 for his new Outlaw outfit.

My first association with Jason's look in Titans: Titans Together #4 was John Travolta in Grease, probably because of the tight shirt and the short sleeves.

I haven't seen a name for that look yet but there are already fanarts. (although they are mostly on the NSFW side *cough*)
    Here's for example a redraw (source):

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    If he doesn’t end up writing Nightwing I’d suggest Joshua Williamson for Jason’s next ongoing. I’m thinking about his image series like Nailbiter and Birthright that show the creative potential he can show when it comes to Jason’s level of violence and his runs on Flash and Batman/Superman shows me that he can do well with playing with DC’s concepts.
    Williamson would be fun if Godspeed could at least make a guest-appearance for an arc. But I don't think that's an option anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    I can see three possibilities:
    1. It is just an error and the book is being canned after #50.
    2. The book is going to keep going, but under a different name. Has happened before.
    3. Issue #51 is going to be done by the new team as some sort of sneak peek to what's to come in the nearest future.
    That's what I would bet my money on.

I'm pretty sure that turning up the collar of your shirt, like how some people did in the 70's, has a name, at least in Spanish. But I can't remember which one was for my life.

"popped collars" is all I've ever heard it called.

Jason's Red Hood helmet is on the cover of Detective Comics #1029 - together with the masks of the rest of the batfamily, the Outsiders and - as the cover artist Kenneth Rocafort confirmed - Manhunter. But it's very, very unlikely that he'll have an appearance in the issue. The solicitation doesn't even mention the strange dude on the cover that looks like he's completely covered in tinfoil.

ETECTIVE COMICS #1029
    written by PETER J. TOMASI
    art and cover by KENNETH ROCAFORT
    card stock variant cover by LEE BERMEJO
    ON SALE 10/27/20
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES | FC | DC
    CARD STOCK VARIANT COVER $4.99 US
    After the City of Bane, the Riddler's takeover, The Joker War, and more, the people of Gotham City have had enough. The world is changing for Bruce Wayne, and the question he must ask himself is: What role does the Batman have in a city that rejects him? As the year barrels forward into what will become a turning point for the Dark Knight, Batman must grapple with the very citizens he has sworn to protect...while a familiar face looms large as a new threat on the horizon: Damian Wayne!

That's my kind of humor.

artist: M-Alejandrita

(continuation)

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    Titans: Titans Together surely is a breath of fresh air - and it definitely profits from being its own continuity/alternate universe (and only costing 0,99$ the issue also helps).
    The Digital First line in general is a breath of fresh air - and I think it's well liked by readers - well, by readers who know about the line. DC isn't really promoting it. (For example, DC released "Shazam!: Lightning Strikes #1" yesterday. I wasn't aware that Shazam was getting a Digital first comic.)

Here's a fanart that was inspired by Gotham Nights #12.

@gothamtwinks

Awesome art! Makes me want to see the whole Robin gang together more.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    Jason's Red Hood helmet is on the cover of Detective Comics #1029 - together with the masks of the rest of the batfamily, the Outsiders and - as the cover artist Kenneth Rocafort confirmed - Manhunter. But it's very, very unlikely that he'll have an appearance in the issue. The solicitation doesn't even mention the strange dude on the cover that looks like he's completely covered in tinfoil.

Can anyone identify all the masks? A few are obvious like Red Hood! But some I have no idea!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    Awesome art! Makes me want to see the whole Robin gang together more.

Can anyone identify all the masks? A few are obvious like Red Hood! But some I have no idea!
    duke- signal yellow black helmet
    cass-orphan below batgirl
    helena-huntress above redhood
    katana beside redhood
    jefferson-blacklighting next to manhunter and below nightwing mask
    robin mask is up top, batwoman is below him, tim mask is above katana next to jason its in the shadow barley visible and batgirl helmet is above cass

Quote Originally Posted by redmax99 View Post
    duke- signal yellow black helmet
    cass-orphan below batgirl
    helena-huntress above redhood
    katana beside redhood
    jefferson-blacklighting next to manhunter and below nightwing mask
    robin mask is up top, batwoman is below him, tim mask is above katana next to jason its in the shadow barley visible and batgirl helmet is above cass
    impressive! thank you! I was wondering about a few of those!

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Where is Steph's mask and who are the extra dominoes below?